PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Speedo Fascia/Bezel

Sudesh
14-07-2009, 03:01 PM
Anyone know who does these? or where to get them?

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX/CarbonBezel.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX/CarbonBezel1.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX/CarbonBezel2.jpg

Sudesh
14-07-2009, 03:01 PM
I prefer the second one in the first pic.

Senninha
14-07-2009, 03:14 PM
Hi Sudesh,

The 2nd on looks like the NA1 NSX-R OEM item, the other looks like SoS item.

OEM from Japan (maybe Kaz can help?) or Detlef at Procar.

HTH, Paul

Sudesh
14-07-2009, 03:25 PM
Hi Sudesh,

The 2nd on looks like the NA1 NSX-R OEM item, the other looks like SoS item.

OEM from Japan (maybe Kaz can help?) or Detlef at Procar.

HTH, Paul

Hi Paul,

Yeah the second one does look like the OEM one but its not, Seen them for sale on Yahoo auctions.

I could get the OEM NSX-R one but, I would say its is very very expensive!! As the UK one is £350!!!

mutley
14-07-2009, 04:36 PM
HI Sudesh,

yes I have this on my car now, I got it from SoS.

Jim

Kaz-kzukNA1
14-07-2009, 04:37 PM
Hi, Sudesh.

Both panels are the same and they are from the company based in Japan but not sure whether they are manufacturing it by themselves or not.

Both of them are made out of real carbon (dry carbon) and not the wet one so from that point, it’s good. The top one has been painted with clear coat for shinny/clear finish whereas the bottom one is without the clear coat to show the matt finish.

There are several small double sided tapes at the back of the carbon panel and you just mount it on top of the original one so depending on one’s taste, you may not like this method.

There were several reviews from NSX owners on this product and seems to be good after installing it on top of the original panel. I guess it would be hard to see the difference in thickness once it is installed inside the combination meter assy.

Regarding the Type-R panel, it is not real carbon. It just looks like a carbon but the main part is plastic. There are several difference between JDM and other country spec for the interrior design such as the coating on the centre console so probably similar things were used to get this carbon look.

The price of Type-R carbon look meter panel is the same as other model’s panel. Surprised?

GBP350 for this panel…. I better start some parts business now…. It’s very light, thin and fairly small so delivery charge should be cheap.

Regards,
Kaz

AR
14-07-2009, 05:31 PM
GBP350 for this panel…. I better start some parts business now…. It’s very light, thin and fairly small so delivery charge should be cheap.

Regards,
Kaz

Ouch!

Does not surprise me, my NA1 NSX-R shiftknob costed a bomb an dthen there was no way to fitted to the regular car's shift stalk so I had to get an adapter made.

I understan that it can be economies of scale, etc, but OEM R parts seem to be way over margin.

Is it true that honda lost about $ 18K USD per NSX?

Perhaps they are trying to get their money back.

Procar Specials
15-07-2009, 05:00 AM
......or Detlef at Procar.
Thanks for remebering my name :)
Well, I have this part in stock and I also have it combinated with my NSX-R gauge cluster kit.

Sudesh
15-07-2009, 11:12 AM
Thanks for remebering my name :)
Well, I have this part in stock and I also have it combinated with my NSX-R gauge cluster kit.

What price is the fascia?

Papalazarou
15-07-2009, 01:17 PM
I looked into the CF thing a while back but was too busy to sort anything out. Basically, I called a company in the UK who work with CF and they quoted me around £20 each for a run of 10. All they needed was the CAD drawing. Perhaps we could get a group buy? apparently they do odd runs for some of the other Japanese owners clubs.

Cheers,

James.

Procar Specials
15-07-2009, 01:37 PM
What price is the fascia?
300 Euro + shipment

It comes as complete unit with the glasses at the back side and the visor rings.

mutley
15-07-2009, 04:26 PM
I have this one, (gauge ringe are sold seperately)

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/interior_performance_products/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/CF_Gauge_Bezel/

and it's only $99.

Jim

amo
15-07-2009, 10:10 PM
i have a dry carbon 1 just needs fittin

thx amo

mutley
15-07-2009, 10:13 PM
i have a dry carbon 1 just needs fittin

thx amo

Well fit it then!!

Procar Specials
16-07-2009, 04:49 AM
because its a HONDA part, the fitment is perfect, not well :)
it comes as a complete replacement visor gauge unit, see attached pictures
(no overlay like SoS sales)

Sudesh
31-07-2009, 12:46 PM
I looked into the CF thing a while back but was too busy to sort anything out. Basically, I called a company in the UK who work with CF and they quoted me around £20 each for a run of 10. All they needed was the CAD drawing. Perhaps we could get a group buy? apparently they do odd runs for some of the other Japanese owners clubs.

Cheers,

James.

I could send you the OEM guage bezel I have, if that would help with getting this going? But I would only be interested in the matt finish one as per the second pic.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX/CarbonBezel.jpg

amo
01-08-2009, 04:27 PM
might sell mine as im thinkin of going s2000 dash mmmmmmmmm

thx amo

Sudesh
01-08-2009, 05:29 PM
PM me a price please.

amo
01-08-2009, 09:19 PM
pm sent
thx amo

Lankstarr
02-08-2009, 05:56 AM

Cheers,

James.

Put me down for one if it goes ahead. The later style (02+) fascia isn't as nice as the one in my '98, no idea why they dulled it down but this would go a long way to sprucing it back up!

Papalazarou
02-08-2009, 09:02 AM
I found the number of the company and will call them in the the week.
Sudesh, PM sent.

Cheers,

James.