PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of this car?

swedespeed
01-08-2005, 07:32 PM
Hello, newbie here! :P

Im currently searching for an NSX and I found a very interresting object on autotrader.

I live in Sweden so I need some advice so i can decide if its really worth the hassle of bringing the car over.

The specs:

1994 ACURA NSX LHD, L reg.
3.0L V6 V-Tec,
sports exhaust filter,
Apexi VAFC,
300bhp, 170mph,
sports suspension,
uprated brakes,
18" alloys,
stunning red coachwork,
colour coded roof,
full bodykit,
tints,
private plate,
alarm/immobiliser,

fully loaded, electric, leather, new cambelt/clutch/brakes/tyres/windscreen etc.
History, T&T, one owner, reliable usable supercar, must be seen, awesome. £15,495. ovno.

Small picture: http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/ATD_web/servlet/media?id=201935901

Sounds like a steal deal? Is the low price only because its an LHD car?

Does anybody here know this car?

Thanx,
Michael

Martin
01-08-2005, 08:01 PM
Hello Michael

Nice car!

LHD probably knocks 3 or 4 grand off the price I would say. However, I noticed the mileage is not quoted either. Perhaps the seller deliberately left out the mileage not to draw attention to it (even though leaving out the mileage in itself draws attention!).

Make sure you check its history - personally if it has not full Honda service history I would walk away, as they are a complex car, and a neglected one will take a lot of money from your pocket in the long run. As an example, my NSX has 15 Honda NSX Dealership (all by 2 of the 5 UK NSX dealerships) stamps by 87,000 miles and thats the only way I would have it, personally.

Also, get the car HPI checked if you are serious, as this will show up any hidden history of the car.

The car looks like it has been lowered. This could age some of the cars components quickly, and could be a bargaining point?

Finally, check if it is manual or automatic! Second hand automatics can sell for 2 or 3 grand less than a manual of the same age. However, I guess it is a manual based on the things done to the car.

I hope this has been of help.

Happy shopping!!

Martin

ragged1100
02-08-2005, 09:49 PM
Michael

I've sent you a PM, please check your inbox

Regards

Brett

swedespeed
05-08-2005, 04:52 AM
88 views and one reply? :?

Come on give me your opinions please!

Flinty
05-08-2005, 12:47 PM
Oh yes indeedy.... :D

There's not a lot I can say from the limited info here, but if you're looking for comment from purely aesthetic point of view, personally, i like it. (dodgey wheels tho ?).

Remember, there's a whole lot more to buying an NSX, but good colour, and subtle body kit look cool. The mods look fairly subtle too, but accepting the other stats as genuine and that any mods are well installed is dangerous, check it out in person and see how it drives. Take another owner with you if you can - there are probably guys on this site who will lend you a hand if they're local.

Then if the mileage is reasonable and the history is there, fine. One owner is fantastic news for resale.

Go and see it.

Would i buy it ? - No, purely because of LHD.
If i lived in Europe or drove there a lot - well worth a look.

Flinty

swedespeed
06-08-2005, 07:58 AM
Well, the thing on my mind is the price.

Isn't £15995 kind of cheap for a car like that?
Makes you a tiny bit suspicious...

ctrlaltdelboy
06-08-2005, 10:57 AM
for the UK market purely the LHD aspect would be sufficient to force the price down to that level to attract any interest at all - Any LHD NSX of this sort of age will be around this price range.

swedespeed
09-08-2005, 08:03 AM
The ad is gone so the car is probably sold. :(

Too bad.