PDA

View Full Version : WTB mint 3.0 or early 3.2

havoc
11-07-2009, 07:21 PM
I'd pretty much made up my mind before S'car Sunday, but seeing them all there in the flesh made it inevitable...I've GOT to have an NSX!!!

...so I just need to find a nice one. So if anyone is thinking about selling, please let me know. My criteria are:-

- manual
- non-targa
- reasonably standard (i.e. stock suspension, transmission etc. Exhaust and trim mods aren't a problem...will save me the trouble! :D)
- full history

Colour-wise I'm not so keen on Imola Orange (sorry Simon...) or Charlotte Green. Will consider silver and yellow if everything else is right, will be more flexible with other colours. I'm not being a girl, honest, it's partly about resale...and, OK, yes, partly about wanting the car to look right...and colour is one of those personal things... Hope I've not mortally offended anyone here...

Cheers,

Martin.

amo
11-07-2009, 10:35 PM
well im sure you will find one asap no dought but you knoe silver is a slow colour mmmmmmm

good luck

thx amo

AR
11-07-2009, 10:45 PM
Well, not mortally offended but...anyways I hope that you find the right car and that you also learn to respect other choices, at least your headed the right way. ( manual/coupe)

Funny enough my first NSX was IOP and the R was Charlotte Green ( Brooklands ) so different strokes for different folks.

BTW If you have not done it yet, test drive a few and remove emotion from the equation as the first drive can be something else.

Good luck,

Ary

TheSebringOne
12-07-2009, 12:23 AM
Welcome & good luck in your search!

As Ary states the best thing to do is to drive both the 3.0 and 3.2, then compare.

As for colour, its personal for different reasons and I don't want to say which is the fastest colour(s) as the debate pops up quite often! Are we due another debate guys again!? :D

Senninha
12-07-2009, 07:39 AM
As for colour, its personal for different reasons and I don't want to say which is the fastest colour(s) as the debate pops up quite often! Are we due another debate guys again!? :D

The only thing your's will do faster than the rest of us is decay! Poor thing needs to get some miles on it before it seizes up! ;)

TheQuietOne
12-07-2009, 03:03 PM

There is a rumour that James is hoping if he leaves it long enough between drives he can eventually let us know how many months it takes for every bit of rubber on the car to perish beyond use! :laugh:

havoc
15-07-2009, 12:19 PM
Thanks guys.

I've driven a 3.0 Targa already. Thoughts as follows:-

- Engine felt silky-smooth with a strong-enough but not-earth-shattering mid-range. Didn't get the chance to redline it due to the trader being a ****. Felt a little quicker than the S2000 would have been if driven the same way, so I figure a 3.0 will be quick enough, and as I'm not loaded can I afford to be THAT picky.

- Ride felt amazingly supple for what it is (I know Targa's are a little softer), without any noticeable scuttle-shake. Yet felt very composed as well (drove at ~6-7/10ths of what an S2000 can do, so probably not pushing it that hard) and planted over bumpy B-roads and faster wide-B roads. Felt 'special'...the ride/handling mix probably the best thing about the car! :D

- Enough wind-noise targa-off that I don't think I'll miss the targa roof by going for a coupe. Would rather that bit extra precision that the coupe is supposed to give.

- Steering was a PAS set-up without the PAS (yes, I know...), and didn't feel any heavier than an Elise, albeit a little slower. How does the non-PAS rack differ to the PAS-rack?

...so overall I probably DO need to drive another one, just as a benchmark. Anyone in the Midlands (or someone going to S'stone Classic) willing to let me try theirs out if I pay for FC day-insurance and a tank of fuel?

AR
15-07-2009, 06:24 PM
I have had PAS and non PAS and I prefer a non PAS car. Yes it is a little bit harder to park, but IMHO I think that it feels more pure than PAS.

Rob_Fenn
18-07-2009, 08:21 PM
Are you referring to the NSX-R? More castor, better steering feel...

There is very little assistance at speed, the worst thing is the bus-like steering lock.

Modern cars with PAS are very artificial, the steering on my CSL is very bad. An NSX with PAS is relatively heavy and feelsome.

dan the man
14-09-2009, 02:26 PM
Good look with it Havoc ! ;)