PDA

View Full Version : Almost time to say goodbye..........

simonprelude
08-07-2009, 08:43 AM
Well that was a very quick 4 years in the best car I have ever driven, but like everything it must come to an end.

P27 will be collected in the next few days by the new owners assistant, I'll make sure a full disclosure is signed where by sold as seen etc even though I don't envisage any problems as she has not let me down in my whole time of ownership.

For the time being I'll probably just sit on the money and see how things go, something will probably fill the gap the S2000 left a few months ago then I'll start shopping for something 'different'. I'm in no rush, the aim was an NSX before I'm 30 and a Lamborghini before I'm 40 so I have a good few years to go.

How would I sum the NSX up in a few words........

Too good at what it does but no longer up there with the competition :(

Honda re-wrote the rule book in 1989/90 but then flogged a dead horse for the last 5 years with the cosmetic changes and LEV ECU, the other big players learned from what they had done and moved the game forward. Such a shame the HSC or new NSX never made it to production, Lexus obviously thought it was a good idea as the LF-A looks very similar and after looking at one on Sunday I am starting to think it might be a nice stop gap before the Lamborghini service department own my credit card.

I have met a great bunch of people on here and you never know, one day I might buy another, there's 1 or 2 I'd have in a flash, you both know who you are.................

I'll try and keep in touch with people on here (well unless forumadmin bans me lol) but obviously will be checking the boards less and less.
I'll still try and make it to the DJCC meet, but may have to either park outside or get a lift with a fellow member.

Take care all...........

08-07-2009, 10:09 AM
Hi Simon,

It was very nice to meet you at Japfest and also Super Car Sunday at Heritage Car Centre.

I wish you all the very best for the future....and your Lamborghini plans! :)

Take care,

Andy

Papalazarou
08-07-2009, 02:11 PM
Hi Simon,

Can't say it's been a pleasure, but at least you won't be posting much now;-)

Only kidding! Good luck with whatever you buy next. Hopefully catch up tomorrow.

Cheers,

James.

NSX 2000
08-07-2009, 03:28 PM
All the best Simon with your hunt for something new, but for me we will always have the Nurbergring trip memories, and the touching cloth stories :eek::eek::eek:

Cheers Paul.

PS forgot to say you also do a mean BBQ :)

gsuds
08-07-2009, 05:14 PM
Simon

Know exactly how you feel - but I won't be going down the Lambo route sadly...:(

Like you I'll keep hovering around here for a wee while yet.

Cheers

Graham

mutley
08-07-2009, 05:59 PM
Hi Simon,

You have been fountain of knowledge for this site, so I hope you'll look in from time to time, and let us know what you go for next.

Cheers
Jim

NSXGB
08-07-2009, 06:36 PM
Congrats on selling your car.

Who's going to look after the database now? :)

Sudesh
08-07-2009, 06:51 PM
Congrats Simon! Its one of those happy/sad times then, you'll be missed on the forum but hopefully you'll return with one again. Best of luck with the Lambo hunt, you wont be disappointed!

kowalski
08-07-2009, 08:35 PM
Glad you got a sale but sad to see you leave the community, hope you stay in touch.

leigh

Greybloke
08-07-2009, 09:41 PM
Simon, good luck in seeking a replacement.

I think you were collating a database of UK cars, assuming you have no ongoing use for this, can "we" have a copy with a view to keeping up to date?

Bye for now:)

AR
08-07-2009, 09:57 PM
Good luck mate and you are always welcome for an F1 BBQ!

sorepaws
08-07-2009, 10:30 PM
Best of luck with whatever you choose to replace the NSX. It was good to meet you a couple of times at JapFest 2007/8 and the really good BBQ ! (amazing what you can get in a Prelude ).

sassthathoopie
08-07-2009, 10:36 PM
Cheers Simon. Best of luck with your next purchase. Thanks for the words of wisdom over the last year.

TheSebringOne
08-07-2009, 10:53 PM
Simon, thats bitter sweet news, great that P27 is now sold, but very sad you will frequent this forum less and less. Best wishes for the future mate, thanks for all the wise words, the odd tyre & nose mask that you kindly passed on. Good luck in your search for the Lambo, hopefully its that green Murchie or similar! Take care & keep intouch. :):)

Midnight Blue
09-07-2009, 11:05 AM
Simon,

thanks for your help with the ownership and registration searches.

Think Audi R8. It's like a Lambo but reliable.

Best wishes,

Andy
Brunei

NoelWatson
09-07-2009, 11:55 AM
Simon,

It's like a Lambo but reliable.

But often no quicker than NSX due to engine coking up

markc
09-07-2009, 03:30 PM
No doubt a Bitter Sweet moment for you Simon. I do hope the new owner is a fully fledged IOP fanantic :)

Lambo have finally seen the light and deleted the propshaft from the latest Gallardo (LP550-2). They've even managed to paint it in almost the right colour for you...

Could this be your destiny young Skywalker ;)

simonprelude
09-07-2009, 04:50 PM
No doubt a Bitter Sweet moment for you Simon. I do hope the new owner is a fully fledged IOP fanantic :)

Lambo have finally seen the light and deleted the propshaft from the latest Gallardo (LP550-2). They've even managed to paint it in almost the right colour for you...

Could this be your destiny young Skywalker ;)

Yes I saw this in Autocar this week, even though I've never been a fan of the Gallardo I might be looking at one next week.

Ewan
09-07-2009, 05:11 PM
It's not orange, but it is odd looking - what about one of these:

http://images.pistonheads.com/aimg/913/913858-4.jpg

:shocked: :no:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/913858.htm

simonprelude
09-07-2009, 05:25 PM
There is a rare car on pistonheads that I would consider but it's not that one.

Papalazarou
09-07-2009, 09:01 PM
You still here? ;-) I predict your next car will be a'nother..............NSX!

Cheers,

James

c11nky
09-07-2009, 09:04 PM
It's always sad to see so much knowledge and wisdom move on, but all the best for the future.

And when you get your new toy, may every mile be happy and safe*.

*Particularly from the speed cameras http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/images/icons/icon10.gif