PDA

View Full Version : Titanium Key(s)

Boomin33
30-06-2009, 09:22 PM
Thinking about getting one, but need to order 5.

£65.00 - anyone interested?

TheQuietOne
30-06-2009, 09:41 PM
On our cars (any with a factory immobiliser) they won't work Rob assume you just want one for show in your office?

Paul had one sent to me once with a Dali shipment and it looked loooooovely.....:cool:

markc
01-07-2009, 12:49 PM
Thinking about getting one, but need to order 5.

£65.00 - anyone interested?

They're not made of Titanium, far too heavy for that, just a plain old brass alloy or "Monkey metal" as my dad calls it :)

Due to the exhorbitant price the metal is known as Unobtanium which I think is quite funny/clever.

Having said the above my car came with one and it is quite cool :D

Cheers

Mark

Senninha
01-07-2009, 12:57 PM
Paul had one sent to me once with a Dali shipment and it looked loooooovely.....:cool:

Yep, totally useless for my car but it cost me next to nothing on an early GB so is a nice to have :)

AR
01-07-2009, 01:40 PM
They're not made of Titanium, far too heavy for that, just a plain old brass alloy or "Monkey metal" as my dad call's it :)

Due to the exhorbitant price the metal is known as Unobtanium which I think is quite funny/clever.

Having said the above my car came with one and it is quite cool :D

Cheers

Mark

Mark does it work with your car? ( start the engine )

markc
01-07-2009, 02:19 PM
Mark does it work with your car? ( start the engine )

Yes it does. I have it and a normal blank, both work independantly of the alarm/immobiliser which is a aftermarket TOAD system.

Cheers

Mark

AR
01-07-2009, 04:48 PM
Yes it does. I have it and a normal blank, both work independantly of the alarm/immobiliser which is a aftermarket TOAD system.

Cheers

Mark

I wonder if it was just the S or if other JDM NA2s are able to use it?

Sudesh
01-07-2009, 05:24 PM
I have that key, and use it as my main key for the car, my car also has the factory fitted alarm/immobiliser and no problems. Maybe the JDM system is slightly different? is the NA2 alarm immobiliser different from NA1?

Boomin33
01-07-2009, 08:25 PM
I had a titanium key that came with my Nissan 300zx. Comparing it to some other titanium bits and bobs I have laying 'round..fairly certain it's the real deal.

Matt: nope, not for show. guess I felt I needed a cool feeling £65 key.
& I wonder why I keep hitting my overdraft....

Doesn't sound like I'm going to find 4 other fools with money.

britlude
01-07-2009, 08:27 PM
hmm, i must be unusual, as I use my unobtainium key all the time....

Sudesh
01-07-2009, 08:55 PM
I had a titanium key that came with my Nissan 300zx. Comparing it to some other titanium bits and bobs I have laying 'round..fairly certain it's the real deal.

Matt: nope, not for show. guess I felt I needed a cool feeling £65 key.
& I wonder why I keep hitting my overdraft....

Doesn't sound like I'm going to find 4 other fools with money.

I still have a 300ZX Titanium Key from many many years back, 1994 I think, lol

The ZX Key is MUCH lighter and smaller than the Honda one.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/DSC07266.jpg

DAVEMAT
02-07-2009, 04:23 AM
I had exactly the same two keys as above until last month i decided to part with the Nissan, now got some cash burning a hole in my pocket for my next leave, what to do?

DamianW
02-07-2009, 07:48 AM
I misread the title as "Titanium Kevs" and thought you'd made a titanium replica of the forum's founding father. Bit disappointed ;)