PDA

View Full Version : Very Helpful Forum

davidaccord
27-06-2009, 01:28 PM
I think it is approaching time for my accord to move on.

This may be accelerated by the excellent advertising ploy where Honda emailed me to let me know that my car qualified for the scrappage allowance. NICE IDEA to help buff my ego.

In my mind I have been set on getting an S2000 next, due to their availability etc. But the NSX is in my mind now stronger than ever.

I first saw one at the NEC many many years ago. I have a picture from back then and other pictures of a ferrari 348 and a Diablo. But the NSX is the one I remember most. This was then reinforced by the Gran Turismo playstation game, right up until GT5 prologue, plus I have a fair collection of NSX related clips from the Japanese show Best Motoring.

Most recently I turned around after hearing a ferrari exhaust to see a nice red 360 roll past, NICE but following it was an early model NSX, also in red. The ferrari disappeared in my mind and all I could see was the Honda. Maybe they were out for a drive together.

I think Honda brainwashed me at that motor show.

The only way to fix this is to get one. Nothing on this forum has put me off but I will have to limit the budget to about £15K. At the moment I have a 64 mile round trip to work each day, half dual, half villages. Any idea of the kind of fuel economy I would get?

Many thanks for all the cumulative knowledge available in the forum :cool: Enjoy your cars guys!

amo
27-06-2009, 03:01 PM
hi mate all depends how you drive lol but approx 25mpg thats rough what i get so you should get 30mpg ish
why not pop over to warickshire tomorrow and have a chat with a few ppl

thx amo

TheSebringOne
27-06-2009, 10:50 PM
As Amo states its how hard you press that gas pedal! Very very tempting to hear that VTEC hit 8200! But if you can resist that urge, 28-30 mpg can be realistic. Good luck in your search

Silver Surfer
27-06-2009, 11:15 PM
I'll suggest you take a serious look at Gsuds' car.

SS

Lankstarr
28-06-2009, 07:24 AM
After covering 5k miles last year I covered 1k last week in my X. Combination of driving 80 & 100 about half and half saw a healthy 32mpg average. Some village driving but not loads.
Looking at getting something bigger to commute in (some 3 series derivative) as I don't like putting that many miles on the X and a few extra inches leg leg room makes a big difference for giants.

davidaccord
28-06-2009, 09:38 AM
Many thanks for all the feedback guys.

I am pretty close to Silverstone so I may try and visit for the Classic but it kind of clashes with my wedding anniversary. I must tread carefully :)

AR
28-06-2009, 03:27 PM
Not to sound like a c u next tuesday, but if the mpg is a concern, you'll freak out when you hear how much a clutch is, or even small bits.

Please bear in mind that some cars can be had for that sort of money, but the upkeek can be painful, when things go wrong or wear down.

If you are handy with tools you can perform basic service and save some £££.

Cheers,

AR

davidaccord
28-06-2009, 04:48 PM
Hi AR,

The MPG is not much of a concern but it is good to know as I would have to run it as my only car. As for the clutch I had heard before that it would be pricey.

I am not expecting it to be a cheap car to run and I am definately NOT handy with tools.

Thanks,

D