PDA

View Full Version : The king of Pop is dead

Silver Surfer
25-06-2009, 10:41 PM
Michael Jackson had a cardiac arrest and died.......:eek:

Will put the 'Thriller' and 'Off the Wall' CD in my changer to commensurate!

SS

amo
25-06-2009, 10:43 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm still liked him rip

thx amo

AR
25-06-2009, 10:56 PM
Here at Glastom blasting his music, those who are remembered never die.

All controversy aside he was the king of pop, may he rest in peace.

Sudesh
25-06-2009, 11:07 PM
Cant believe this! been following it on the news the past few hours and still shocked. He is a legend, was in a league of his own and like Elvis, I doubt there will ever be another.

R.I.P

On of my faourite moments:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PAJqgeeJf4

DAVEMAT
26-06-2009, 04:57 AM
Heard it was something to do with an 11 year old crack habit!!!

Silver Surfer
26-06-2009, 08:03 AM
Authorities have released a statement saying that they will melt his body down to make plastic toys so that children can play with him for a change.....

SS

Papalazarou
26-06-2009, 10:03 AM
Jesus Christ! Stop already. The guy's been dead for two minutes and already people are driving down the comedy cul-de-sac!
He was a great performer who deserves respect.

Cheers,

James.

Senninha
26-06-2009, 10:12 AM
He was probably one of the last globally recognised figures from the entertainment and sports world. As this was un-expected, it will have similar impact to Elvis, Senna, Diana. They will not grow old but will be forever remembered.

Please let the guy RIP. The jokes and texts are sad fact of life these days, but I would second James request, lets keep this thread and forum clean please.

regards, Paul

Jesus Christ! Stop already. The guy's been dead for two minutes and already people are driving down the comedy cul-de-sac!

Cheers,

James.

eclipse1501
26-06-2009, 07:05 PM

Cheers,

James.

I totally agree those cheap jibes are for sickos. I for one am getting all the old favourite LPs out today in rememberance. Haven't seen some of these Gary Glitter and Blake Lace LPs in years :eek:

Sudesh
26-06-2009, 08:58 PM
He was probably one of the last globally recognised figures from the entertainment and sports world. As this was un-expected, it will have similar impact to Elvis, Senna, Diana. They will not grow old but will be forever remembered.

Please let the guy RIP. The jokes and texts are sad fact of life these days, but I would second James request, lets keep this thread and forum clean please.

regards, Paul

Totally agree with you Paul and well said........

TheSebringOne
26-06-2009, 11:42 PM
Agreed, theres no need for jokes! :cool:

R.I.P. THE KING OF POP :(

Awesome music & dancing from a one off unique iconic genius of music!

DAVEMAT
27-06-2009, 06:08 AM
He was never my cup of tea as a person, his personality was a little strange to say the least.
I know his music appealed to millions (myself not included),but men don't befriend and sleep with 12 yr old boys on a ranch most Paedo's would love to have at their disposal.
If I as a 41 yr old man was to deck my garden out in childrens toys and rides and then invite kids into my house to spend weekends with me and then tell everyone I had slept with small boys, but only in an innocent way and I am in fact a child at heart, I doubt I would be free for long and would be banged up at HM pleasure in a segregated section of it.
If there is a god, he is going top have to come up with some more convincing stuff than he did to the American courts.

Papalazarou
27-06-2009, 06:16 PM
Sure,

but another way to look at this is that the media print what they want about whoever they choose and never account for a single mistake they make. We will never know whether he abused children or not.

Personally, I couldn't care less whether he had a ranch with a funfare or a chimpanzee as a companion. It's incredibly easy to judge others, but unless you're walking in their shoes it's almost always conjecture.

I'm not saying that MJ wasn't massively screwed up, I'm sure he was. But much of that was a consequence of the surreal world he grew up in. Imagine being a superstar from the age of 10!

I just think we ought to show a little humility for someone who gave a massive amount to modern popular music, and leave what may have happened in their private lives alone.

Cheers,

James.

AR
28-06-2009, 02:49 AM
Funny how we only hear about the "incident", but we rarely hear about the charity work he did.

eclipse1501
28-06-2009, 11:02 AM
Tell me your a neo Nazi, gay or whatever, i dont care. In 2003 Jackson said amongst other things [on TV] that sharing a bed with a young boy was a "beautiful thing"......I just can't see how any amount of charitable work justifies that....and neither can i see how making a joke out of the statement is unacceptable. Was it charity that made him pay out over £10M in compensation to a teenage kid/victim? Caught with his pants down or not we have a voice just like him thankfully. His management team should die of shame not us.

dan the man
28-06-2009, 11:44 AM
Well i dont mind the jokes.. we all take life too seriously and if i died id want jokes to be about as lets look on the funny side.

I watched him at Wembley 10 years ago or so, i was 17. I slept on the train station at Euston over night, and then came home. Nearly got run over by a big floor cleaning machine when i was asleep...my god did i not know what was going on as he inched past me!

As for Jacko Great music, magoo character.. theres nowt as queer as folk

mutley
28-06-2009, 08:47 PM
Well the way I see it, wether a great multi million record seling musician to a freaky cosmetic surgery addicted kiddy fiddler, the guy is dead, get over it, and if I hear any more on radio or TV I'll scream.

I am in a profession that has more than it's fair share of funerals to attend, our guys and girls get a quick mention on the news and then they get to rest in peace.

Should be like that for everyone, even the rich and famous because lets face it, to his record label, all this is to them is a marketing opertunity that they can use to make money, OH the merchandising they can do now!!!

People die every day, so announce it, and move on!

Jim

DAVEMAT
29-06-2009, 05:11 AM
Certainly can't argue with that Jim, 100%

simonprelude
29-06-2009, 08:54 AM
Well the money making is well underway............

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2009/6/26/1246034320918/Glasto-reacts-MJs-death-w-009.jpg

RIP to a talented artist who probably even misunderstood himself.

Papalazarou
29-06-2009, 09:28 AM
People die every day, so announce it, and move on!
Jim

I totally agree Jim.
Personally I'll be thinking about the music. I couldn't care less about any of the other stuff.

Cheers,

James.