PDA

View Full Version : Retro NSX

kowalski
10-06-2009, 03:26 PM
After last years Gold JPS livery, heres the new scheme for my Le Mans trip this year. Went for a classic retro Gt40 look!

leigh

forumadmin
10-06-2009, 03:43 PM
Damn you man, we should co-ordinate our cars for Le Mans one year.

I would like to do mine in the LM NSX GT2 scheme. It might be lost of most people though. The only sticker on mine this year is the camping pass.

kowalski
10-06-2009, 03:59 PM
Was thinking of the GT2 colours, but if I wrapped mine Red it would slow it down!

I have a model of the GT2 car that i leave on display in the car when down there to remind people that our car has race pedigree!

Its also legible for the parade laps prior to the race but when i enquired this year they wanted 700 euro for the priviledge!

leigh

markc
10-06-2009, 04:07 PM
Hi Leigh looks great, any tips on applying the decals?

I have the Gulf set I said I'd buy but am a bit scared to try applying them. I've heard that a spritzer of water/washing up liquid works, allowing some slip during application but drying later, is that right?

I might just go with the light blue stripe over the centre of the car initially and leave the big Gulf circles off. Just a subtle hint at reverse Gulf rather than, literally, spelling it out.

As I'm not going to Le Mans I may try and do this for the Silverstone Classic weekend :)

Cheers

Mark

Senninha
10-06-2009, 04:18 PM
........I have the Gulf set I said I'd buy but am a bit scared to try applying them. I've heard that a spritzer of water/washing up liquid works, allowing some slip during application but drying later, is that right?

Cheers

Mark

Mark,

Spot on ... keeping the surface lightly misted will allow you to position onto clean bodywork. You will need a SOFT edged device to squeeze out any bubbles before allowing the stripe adhesive to dry and bond to the paintwork.

regards, Paul

forumadmin
10-06-2009, 08:06 PM
I was thinking of doing the LM colours, but in reverse. So just make everything that was done in black on the real car, red for ours and vice versa.

Could do it for the classic Le Mans next year, The NSX is eligible for special treatment there too.

Was thinking of the GT2 colours, but if I wrapped mine Red it would slow it down!

I have a model of the GT2 car that i leave on display in the car when down there to remind people that our car has race pedigree!

Its also legible for the parade laps prior to the race but when i enquired this year they wanted 700 euro for the priviledge!

leigh

Senninha
10-06-2009, 08:28 PM
I was thinking of doing the LM colours, but in reverse. So just make everything that was done in black on the real car, red for ours and vice versa.

Could do it for the classic Le Mans next year, The NSX is eligible for special treatment there too.

POst up some pics please ...

markc
10-06-2009, 09:05 PM
Hee hee, with JPS livery, Kenwood GT2 and Gulf (fluG) cars we'll have ourselves quite a grid of NSX's there :)

White or sliver car needed with a Martini livery to complete the set ;)

Cheers

Mark

AR
10-06-2009, 09:11 PM
Hee hee, with JPS livery, Kenwood GT2 and Gulf (fluG) cars we'll have ourselves quite a grid of NSX's there :)

White or sliver car needed with a Martini livery to complete the set ;)

Cheers

Mark

There is an idea!!!

AR
10-06-2009, 09:13 PM
This has S2 all over it!

http://www.dunlopix.com/P2176945b.jpg

markc
11-06-2009, 10:00 AM
Also available in Silver :)

Martini Racing was associated with some of the best Porsche Le Mans cars and Lancia Le Mans and of course Lancia rally cars. Truly iconic race car (and race boat) colours :)

Ewan
28-06-2009, 04:42 PM
Saw this puppy as we were going to and from Le Mans, by the Eurotunnel

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3115/2780159467_9d92e02dc0_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3015/2781016238_efef5f46dd_o.jpg

I think the NSX in a Gulf wrap would look awesome... though I recall seeing these boys a couple of years ago, so maybe there's too much of a good thing :)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3047/2780996292_1403af93cb_o.jpg