PDA

View Full Version : Furthest North NSX?

mutley
07-06-2009, 04:45 PM
Do I have this title now, or is there anyone else WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY up north. I think we have member in Aberdeen, but I'm way up beyond there now.

This will be a pain for future meets!!!!

Jim

NSX 2000
07-06-2009, 08:17 PM
Not to far from Inversneck, and that we little monster Nessie :D

Very nice part of the world Jim :)

mutley
07-06-2009, 08:33 PM
Yeah I'll see if I can get a photo of the car with Nessie in the background!

And what's good about being up there is the roads are fantastic and EMPTY!!!

Jim

gsuds
07-06-2009, 08:39 PM
Good one Jim, nice part of the world.

I'm told that Plod's a bit vigilant in that neck of the woods though :(

Cheers

Graham

mutley
07-06-2009, 08:45 PM
Hi Graham, good to see you still floating around the forum.

Yeah Plod are a bit over-eager up there, but as I am going back into a police role, we work quite closely with Northern and Grampian contabularlies, might help a little.

Jim

NSX 2000
07-06-2009, 08:58 PM
Good one Jim, nice part of the world.

I'm told that Plod's a bit vigilant in that neck of the woods though :(

Cheers

Graham

I've always found that they hang around the A9 and A96 but get on to say the A939 between Grantown-on-Spey and Ballater and you can have a real blast :) Just watch out for the bloody deer :eek: Nearly took out our S2000 a few years back!

jonny
11-06-2009, 09:53 AM
Do I have this title now, or is there anyone else WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY up north. I think we have member in Aberdeen, but I'm way up beyond there now.

This will be a pain for future meets!!!!

Jim

Yep I'm an Aberdeener! And I think you're right. You probably do hold the title for furthest north owner.

Roads up there are just awesome. Took the car there last summer to see nessie, drive up was better than seeing the monster!

mutley
11-06-2009, 10:50 AM
Yep I'm an Aberdeener! And I think you're right. You probably do hold the title for furthest north owner.

Roads up there are just awesome. Took the car there last summer to see nessie, drive up was better than seeing the monster!

Hi Jonny,
your right about the roads, last week I brought the NSX up and I thought I'd head cros-country through Braemar, WOW fantastic roads and EMPTY. I'll have to film a few of the sections, who needs the Alps!

Will have to arrange a north meet sometime

Jim

jonny
11-06-2009, 11:01 AM
Hi Jonny,
your right about the roads, last week I brought the NSX up and I thought I'd head cros-country through Braemar, WOW fantastic roads and EMPTY. I'll have to film a few of the sections, who needs the Alps!

Will have to arrange a north meet sometime

Jim

Oh yes absolutely. I feel left out from the community being up here alone. Markdas on here has a silver one but I hear its up for sale cos hes moving away. Definately have to have our own mini meet (consisting of 2 NSX's) haha

mutley
11-06-2009, 11:04 AM
Yeah it's been dome before, a while ago I met up with Gsuds, and we had a little drive and meet with only 2. I'm sure there used to be another Aberdeen owner though?

Jim

jonny
11-06-2009, 11:18 AM
Apparently theres a red one somewhere in Aberdeen but I've never seen it. Guy that owns a garage called Carden Motors.

would be good to see another NSX :)

sassthathoopie
11-06-2009, 09:16 PM
Jim

Look out for my brother while you're up there. Flt Lt Robert Print - he's a JENGO on Tornadoes (14 Squadron?). He's a petrolhead too, spent last weekend hooning round Aviemore in a Caterham.

He has a loop picked out for us when I take the NSX up - It's way north of Inverness...

mutley
11-06-2009, 11:35 PM
Jim

Look out for my brother while you're up there. Flt Lt Robert Print - he's a JENGO on Tornadoes (14 Squadron?). He's a petrolhead too, spent last weekend hooning round Aviemore in a Caterham.

He has a loop picked out for us when I take the NSX up - It's way north of Inverness...

Nice one, I'll do that. Do you know if he is a member of the motor club up here? When I get into work and settled I'll pop over and say hello.

Cheers
Jim

sassthathoopie
14-06-2009, 08:47 PM
I'm not sure if he's in the motor club. But I'm pretty sure he runs the winter sports club (ski/snowboard). He also does lots of walking, mountain biking, surfing, kite surfing and dog sitting!

mutley
14-06-2009, 10:38 PM
I'm sure I'll bump into him at some point. Tell him to giveme a wave if he sees me on camp, the car will be parked outside the Police Flight.

Jim

markdas
15-06-2009, 10:35 AM
Hi guys, sounds like more people are moving up here now!

To my knowledge (before I heard from jonny) there is the Red Targa owned by Mark at Carden Motors as jonny mentioned and also a chap has a charlotte green Targa in Inverurie area.

Common as muck!

Anyway, yes, mine is still up for sale due to our move abraod...........able to reduce the price too as my company will compensate us a bit for teh quick move........so spread the word that I can take £21k for it, unless someone is very pursuasive and maybe we can haggle on that too!

Thanks

Mark

Silver Surfer
15-06-2009, 10:38 AM
so spread the word that I can take £21k for it, unless someone is very pursuasive and maybe we can haggle on that too!

Thanks

Mark

:eek: £21K

I hope you mean £12K...now that's a bargain!!!

Good luck

SS

mutley
11-07-2009, 05:45 PM
Not to far from Inversneck, and that we little monster Nessie :D

Very nice part of the world Jim :)

yup and here he/she is !!