PDA

View Full Version : new rocketship

senna786
30-05-2009, 06:35 PM
Well been a while since I got rid of the NA2 NSX. Played with numerous cars from you name it, but nothing has made me feel as special as the NSX, that's until I picked up my new toy a few days ago.

Wow...... I can honestly say this is SPECIAL. and the looks ... wow

http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt251/senna786/gtritr.jpg

Lankstarr
30-05-2009, 07:26 PM
Looks so much nicer in the flesh than I though it would... there's a black one near me and it pi55ed on me in the X :eek:

Senninha
30-05-2009, 08:22 PM
Congrats on the new toy .. an early full UK spec I'm guessing?

Seen a few around, still not sure on the styling, though I'm sure it delivers well on the road.

If you decide to bail out of the ITR anytime, please let me know :)

Happy motoring

Regards, Paul

senna786
30-05-2009, 09:46 PM
Congrats on the new toy .. an early full UK spec I'm guessing?

Seen a few around, still not sure on the styling, though I'm sure it delivers well on the road.

If you decide to bail out of the ITR anytime, please let me know :)

Happy motoring

Regards, Paul

Thanks. I actually have 2 GT-R's at the moment. Both UK and Black Editionsin Black. One registered on the 14th April and the other last week on the 23rd - One for sale if anyone interested - beat the waiting list...
The styling is awesome in my opinion. It is aesthetically beautiful and was one of the reasons it won the car of the year 2009.
The lines are definitely mean, angular and agressive but beatifully put together all 'fit for purpose'

As for the ITR. I've owned 3 of these over the years and always kept regretting whenever I sold them. So I decided to buy another. Had this a few years and part of the collection now, wouldn't sell it, in my opinion it's the best pound for pound car ever made. It's a late 2000 with 70k and FSH from Honda.

People never quite understand why the honda is always my preference over the Porsche, NSX and others. It just gives me such a grin.

just being playing around with web CMS in my spare time and cobbled this together....

http://www.blackedition.co.uk/

Enjoy

Minch
31-05-2009, 05:36 PM
2x GTR's! You the MAN!

nsx_vtec
05-06-2009, 11:56 PM
looking good matey.

anymore pics?

gumball
06-06-2009, 07:13 PM
Looks so much nicer in the flesh than I though it would... there's a black one near me and it pi55ed on me in the X :eek:

It had a water leak?

AR
06-06-2009, 07:46 PM
The GT-R has at least for me is the opposite of the R8, looks good in pictures but not that special in real life. The R8 looks strange in photos yet magnificent in real life.

Still looks don't negate the performance.

Congratulations,

AR

Dave J
06-06-2009, 08:19 PM
Well i must dissagree on this one Ary. The GTR is a seriously sexy car and to own 2 at the same time is a dream come true! I've just taken a deposit on my R34 and also a deposit on the NSX and i'm either going for a 35 or a 911 Turbo for a change :)
Dave.

Sudesh
06-06-2009, 08:26 PM
Isn't this topic in the wrong section lol!!

AR
06-06-2009, 08:46 PM
Well i must dissagree on this one Ary. The GTR is a seriously sexy car and to own 2 at the same time is a dream come true! I've just taken a deposit on my R34 and also a deposit on the NSX and i'm either going for a 35 or a 911 Turbo for a change :)
Dave.

Go on Dave get the R8. :)

Senninha
06-06-2009, 10:25 PM
Go on Dave get the R8. :)

I was out in my mates one last week. Its good but would I have one over the NSX ... probably not. Too many computers and gizmo's and with all the extra weight it certainly doesn't feel as alive as the NSX either. Its fractionally quicker but not any faster.

Dave, if you want something different have you considered RS4 or RS6?

regards, Paul

AR
06-06-2009, 11:00 PM
I was out in my mates one last week. Its good but would I have one over the NSX ... probably not. Too many computers and gizmo's and with all the extra weight it certainly doesn't feel as alive as the NSX either. Its fractionally quicker but not any faster.

Dave, if you want something different have you considered RS4 or RS6?

regards, Paul

Paul,

It is not the fastest car out there, but it looks very nice in the flesh.

NSX plus big Turbo and problem solved. :)

Dave J
07-06-2009, 06:59 AM
To be honest i don't care for Audis but if i drove one i'd probably change my mind.........again :rolleyes: When i advertised my NSX and GTR i thought i'd sell just one of them and keep the other. A mate of mine then tells me he has an R35 GTR on the way over and was worried he wouldn't have enough spare money to customs clear her. I then took deposits on both cars on Thursday and i now find i won't be required to help out buying the GTR :(.
I'm not paying 50 odd thousand for a car i can get several k cheaper so i'm hopefully picking up a 996 turbo on Thursday but i have to travel to Ireland for it.
Going back to the NSX, i became quite reluctant to take a deposit after seeing my customer drive her around the industrial estate where i'm based. I spent around 3 weeks polishing her, re-painting the calipers, fitting new discs, wheels, exhaust, de-cats, induction. I got her looking so nice i never used her again as i wanted to be keep her just as clean forever!
Dave.

markc
07-06-2009, 08:29 AM
I spent around 3 weeks polishing her, re-painting the calipers, fitting new discs, wheels, exhaust, de-cats, induction. I got her looking so nice i never used her again as i wanted to be keep her just as clean forever!
Dave.

Why do we all seem to do that... make our cars the best they've ever been just before we sell them? Crazy isn't it :)

Given your quandary Dave I'd be going R8 myself but I understand the "don't like Audi's" bit. The brand is style over substance for me, all estate agent, wears a Rolex, dresses at M&S, knows fcuk all about cars. How many people on the forum did I insult there ;)

Different league but I've got a serious thing for the Focus RS at the moment. A guy at work has just got a white one and it is AMAZING! One of my other colleagues who's not a car guy said of it "that's is exactly what a Stormtrooper would come to work in" :) (or the Stig)

My NSX is going anywhere but I'm sorely tempted by a Focus RS a a daily driver. I think an Ultimate Green one would clash suitably with IOP :)

Cheers

Mark

NSX 2000
07-06-2009, 01:55 PM
Different league but I've got a serious thing for the Focus RS at the moment. A guy at work has just got a white one and it is AMAZING! One of my other colleagues who's not a car guy said of it "that's is exactly what a Stormtrooper would come to work in" :) (or the Stig)

My NSX is going anywhere but I'm sorely tempted by a Focus RS a a daily driver. I think an Ultimate Green one would clash suitably with IOP :)

Cheers

Mark

Mark I know what you mean, I was very tempted as well, but living in Kent I would always feel like I was from the wrong side of the Thames :rolleyes:

Paul.