PDA

View Full Version : complete spray

Unregistered
28-05-2009, 08:24 PM
How much would it cost to complete spray a nsx in the silver .Is mettalic chrome paint available and is it aroad legal?

NSXGB
28-05-2009, 08:51 PM
How much would it cost to complete spray a nsx in the silver .Is mettalic chrome paint available and is it aroad legal?

How long is a piece of string? I can understand why you would want to spray your car silver though, being the fastest colour...

Obviously depends on the extent of the job and the quality.

Have a look here: http://www.raccoon.co.uk/homepage.php
Might be something you like and give you an idea. :D

TheSebringOne
28-05-2009, 09:47 PM
Fastest colour +3 :D

Chrome as a colour is legal I think, but its seriously OTT bling! Especially that footie player with no taste who just brought that chrome SLR :thumbsdown:

TheQuietOne
28-05-2009, 10:26 PM
I can understand why you would want to spray your car silver though, being the fastest colour...

Except he's too ashamed of the colour to post his name and register...:D

TheSebringOne
28-05-2009, 10:31 PM
TQO, I knew this would tempt you out, either your good self or Luke!! :D

TheQuietOne
28-05-2009, 10:35 PM
Takes quite a lot nowerdays for me to post as I normally read the forum on my phone which is fiddly to type anything much!

I'm up in your neck of the woods (well Didsbury) this weekend actually but not in the X or I'd have gotten you to try and remember where the key went in your car James! :laugh:

Senninha
29-05-2009, 08:38 AM
Fastest colour +3 :D

Chrome as a colour is legal I think, but its seriously OTT bling! Especially that footie player with no taste who just brought that chrome SLR :thumbsdown:

If only you'd read the previous post ... yes he has bought an SLR, I was in it a few weeks ago ... but its not chrome paint :rolleyes:

Senninha
29-05-2009, 08:44 AM

A few questions ...

- what colour is your NSX now? (assumes you have one??)
- is the NSX standard in appearance, ie body kit, wings?
- is a colour change the only reason you are considering this? i.e. are you rebuliding a damaged car?
- what model NSX do you have?
- resale plans for your NSX?

Apart from this, are you aware of the process the NSX goes through to achieve the quality of finish the factory paint provides? To replicate this will be extremely costly as you should consider stripping the car completely before applying the new finish.

regards,

TheSebringOne
30-05-2009, 12:38 AM
Paul, sorry I didn't click on the link!

TQO, never mind where the key goes, where are my keys in the first place! :eek::laugh: Didsbury very nice, West or East? The Metropolitan pub is a great to see a rare silver NSX!