PDA

View Full Version : Ray Laks Acura?

NSXGB
27-05-2009, 04:03 PM
Has anyone here used Ray Laks for parts? I'm trying to get hold of them by email and not getting any response? I believe I have the actual parts guys email (Erik Gillette) and an not just relying on the online parts order form.

Are they much cheaper than just getting stuff from any other Acura dealer?

nigel
27-05-2009, 05:32 PM
I have been dealing with Ray Laks, 1-888-RAY-LAKS, for over three years now and they are hands down the "dogs danglies!!!", (thanks again James).
I have always dealt with the manager, Tim and he will give you the best price on NSX and Acura/Honda parts in the states!
The dollar to pound is still not bad for you. Plus VAT and shipping you'll still be money ahead from the price of the UK dealers.
The shipping here is free and if he doesn't have the bits you need he'll find them.
Tell Tim, "nigel" said to ask for him personally.

Cheers
nigel

Minch
27-05-2009, 05:56 PM
Hi Nigel,

I tried to contact them through the website but no one ever got back to me. :( . . . . so I bought my kit through Dali in the end.

NSXGB
27-05-2009, 08:44 PM
Nigel, have you got a direct email for Tim please?
I'll be in Florida next week, was trying to sort some bits out while I'm there.

I have been dealing with Ray Laks, 1-888-RAY-LAKS, for over three years now and they are hands down the "dogs danglies!!!", (thanks again James).
I have always dealt with the manager, Tim and he will give you the best price on NSX and Acura/Honda parts in the states!
The dollar to pound is still not bad for you. Plus VAT and shipping you'll still be money ahead from the price of the UK dealers.
The shipping here is free and if he doesn't have the bits you need he'll find them.
Tell Tim, "nigel" said to ask for him personally.

Cheers
nigel

NSX 2000
27-05-2009, 09:12 PM
Nigel, have you got a direct email for Tim please?
I'll be in Florida next week, was trying to sort some bits out while I'm there.

I would call not email. You could be anybody at the end of an email especially if it is a hotmail or yahoo, just like I'm a mad bomb wearing physcopath on this forum and Mr BIG boy on perverts are us.

Just my 2p.

NSXGB
27-05-2009, 10:11 PM
I would call not email. You could be anybody at the end of an email especially if it is a hotmail or yahoo, just like I'm a mad bomb wearing physcopath on this forum and Mr BIG boy on perverts are us.

Just my 2p.

I hear you Mr Bin Laden. . . They must miss out on a lot of business if they ignore emails though. . .

WhyOne?
28-05-2009, 08:35 AM
I hear you Mr Bin Laden. . . They must miss out on a lot of business if they ignore emails though. . .

Indeed, but Paul is right, if you are in a rush and need to arrange something a little non-standard (i.e. shipping to an address which is not your home, frequently the most tricky hurdle to get over when ordering in the US I have found) there is no substitute for actually talking to someone.

Whereabouts in Florida will you be Simon? (Idle curiosity rather than for any helpful purpose!)

NSXGB
28-05-2009, 01:44 PM
Indeed, but Paul is right, if you are in a rush and need to arrange something a little non-standard (i.e. shipping to an address which is not your home, frequently the most tricky hurdle to get over when ordering in the US I have found) there is no substitute for actually talking to someone.

Whereabouts in Florida will you be Simon? (Idle curiosity rather than for any helpful purpose!)

Tim has been in touch now.....you can all rest at ease. :)

Was not able to phone the last few days hence the mails...also there is the language barrier to take into consideration. ;)

Indeed Ray Laks seem to be A LOT cheaper - 30-50% on some parts - compared to the Acura dealer I first got a quote from.

Ian, I'm off to a place called El Jobean. A little town near Port Charlotte (Gulf coast I'm sure you know). Lovely little condo with my own fishing pier. Heaven for two weeks.

WhyOne?
28-05-2009, 02:37 PM
Good stuff Simon....I'll bear them in mind for August.

I know the Pt. Charlotte area well - have stayed there in the past and drove through in 2004 immediately (2 days) after Charley when the area looked a little sorry for itself!

We are off to Marco in August, a little south of you, but same idea - rental house on the water, fishing dock, perfect! (More perfect last year with £1 = $2, but at least the exchange rate is heading in the right direction again).

Have a great holiday.

NSXGB
28-05-2009, 03:06 PM
Good stuff Simon....I'll bear them in mind for August.

I know the Pt. Charlotte area well - have stayed there in the past and drove through in 2004 immediately (2 days) after Charley when the area looked a little sorry for itself!

We are off to Marco in August, a little south of you, but same idea - rental house on the water, fishing dock, perfect! (More perfect last year with £1 = $2, but at least the exchange rate is heading in the right direction again).

Have a great holiday.

Thanks Ian.

Been to Marco Island and Naples a few times too, very nice. Have friends in Ft. Myers too, can't go wrong with the Gulf Coast.

Don't know whether you've been there before but if you haven't I can recommend the Snook Inn....a fine seafood eaterie. http://www.snookinn.com/pages/directions.html

Got about $1.55 to the £ at the moment, we're getting back up there...

WhyOne?
28-05-2009, 03:28 PM
Oh yes, we know the Snook very well indeed!

Just to get you in the mood - my youngest fishing of our dock at sunset last year.....this is how we spent most evenings, catching snappers, little shark & the occasional snook, cold pop for them, beer for me, watching the pelicans & dolphins.

Hard to beat in my book.

NSXGB
28-05-2009, 03:59 PM
Oh yes, we know the Snook very well indeed!

Just to get you in the mood - my youngest fishing of our dock at sunset last year.....this is how we spent most evenings, catching snappers, little shark & the occasional snook, cold pop for them, beer for me, watching the pelicans & dolphins.

Hard to beat in my book.

Nice one Ian, we sing from the same Hymn sheet!

nigel
30-05-2009, 12:57 AM
Give us a p/m when your over in the states as we're in FMY, (Ft Myers) and lots mates from the UK here down by the beach.
Not many NSXs but we do mean well.
Be sure to tell Tim, (Ray Laks) "nigel" sent you to him. It may not help but i've been telling him about you lads for two years and it won't hurt.

Cheers
nigel

NSXGB
14-06-2009, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the offer Nigel, I did not have internet access at my condo unfortunately....maybe next time...

Big thumbs up for Ray Laks. Very good prices and service.

WhyOne?
14-06-2009, 05:40 PM
Big thumbs up for Ray Laks. Very good prices and service.

Worth knowing - I'll get a shopping list together for August!

I trust you had a good time in Florida Simon?

Drop me a line if you fancy a beer one evening.

:)

NSXGB
14-06-2009, 11:51 PM
Worth knowing - I'll get a shopping list together for August!

I trust you had a good time in Florida Simon?

Drop me a line if you fancy a beer one evening.

:)

Hi Ian, Yes, had a very good time thanks.

One bit of advice for when you make your order for August is to give them a bit of time to get all the parts together. I left it a bit late really and they could not get a few small parts to me in time.

I'll sort out an evening soon and we'll have a beer, I hope to have my seats in soon so I'll want to show them off...:)

WhyOne?
15-06-2009, 07:49 AM
If you still need these parts (assuming we are not talking full exhaust systems!) I'd be happy to get them for you in August.

Look forward to seeing your new seats at a pub in Sussex sometime soon!

NSXGB
15-06-2009, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the offer Ian, much appreciated.
Seat rails being modded next Thurs now, all booked in....

WhyOne?
15-06-2009, 03:07 PM
Exciting!

Y1 is finally having calipers painted this Thursday!

Senninha
16-06-2009, 03:57 PM
Look forward to seeing your new seats at a pub in Sussex sometime soon!

I may need e few small parts if theres room

Maybe discuss over pie and a pint sitting in a nice pair of Recaros :)

WhyOne?
16-06-2009, 08:37 PM
I may need e few small parts if theres room

Maybe discuss over pie and a pint sitting in a nice pair of Recaros :)

Should be fine Paul.

Not only a nice pair of Recaros to admire, I am also very keen to see the White S2!