PDA

View Full Version : In the market for a 3.2...

NSX_Wannabe
12-05-2009, 11:30 AM
Hi Guys

First of all thanks to all for providing a great site full of useful info for the prospective NSX buyer.

I now feel armed with all the right info to make a model selection, so now it is a question of sourcing the right car.

I have been eyeing up Simonprelude's Imola Orange and Langstarr's Red car, but have been drawn to the Circuit Blue Pearl car on Pistonheads, primarily due to the low mileage.

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/988035.htm

Does anyone know of a reason why I shouldn't go ahead with the purchase?

Many thanks

AR
12-05-2009, 12:05 PM
The main reason I would have against that car is the price. I am not saying that is high as low mileage vehicles are not that easy to find, but for money I will be looking for an 02 plus.

I think that there was a member called Darren who had a similar car or perhaps it was this same one.

In the end the car is for driving and in 20 years time I doubt there will be that much difference in the value of a 25k miles NSX or a 125K miles NSX.

simonprelude
12-05-2009, 06:20 PM
I looked at the price of the Circuit Blue when it went up for sale, it looks like a good deal but as others have said would you rather have a late pop up or an early facelift.

I have seen a couple of the Circuit Blue cars and I think I prefer the face lift in Long Beach Blue but as always it's down to personal preference.

If you have a look at that one, then it's not too far from me so you are welcome to come and look at mine at the same time, I'm around most of the time.

Boomin33
14-05-2009, 10:25 PM
I won't comment on price as a distinct lack of any real depreciation still amazes me. Especially in crappy 2009

Props to all sellers for sticking to their guns and putting a solid value on what they know they have. It will ensure strong prices up until these turn the corner and truly become valued classics? what in 10-15 years from now? and once you get past 35 we know the years pass too darn quickly :)

Drive a couple, they all feel slightly different, don't they? You'll know when you have been in the right one. Do your job and haggle a little & then drive away in your dream.

Good luck and a tentative "welcome" to the pack!

NSX_Wannabe
27-05-2009, 08:01 AM
Guys

Many thanks for the good advice.

I have bought the car at what appears to be a fair price.

I pick the car up at the end of June.....can't wait!!

Will need to change my login name...

SILVER BULLET
27-05-2009, 10:48 AM
Guys

Many thanks for the good advice.

I have bought the car at what appears to be a fair price.

I pick the car up at the end of June.....can't wait!!

Will need to change my login name...

Congratulations and welcome to the club,end of June seems a long time away , however it will be worth the wait :),
Cheers,
Ian

NSXGB
27-05-2009, 12:38 PM
Welcome. Looks to be a nice car you have chosen, a rare colour.

TheSebringOne
28-05-2009, 08:10 PM
Welcome and congratulations on the purchase of a great looking & low mileage example!

A very late pop up with the lovely perforated leather seats! :)

TheQuietOne
28-05-2009, 10:29 PM
Looks a great car - get yourself along to the July Silverstone meet and say hello in style!

I'm not sure it's possible to improve on a late 3.2 with pop ups and perforated leather...:laugh: You will not be disappointed one little bit.

Welcome to the club,

Matt.

NSX_Wannabe
01-06-2009, 10:09 PM
and thanks for the confirmation that I'm getting a good car - always nice to hear when you're forking out that amount of cash!

Unfortunately I'm on my hols for the Silverstone weekend. Thinking of heading to Goodwood for the Friday of the Festival of Speed. Is this somewhere you guys frequent?

Justin

Ewan
04-06-2009, 06:14 AM
Depending on when you get the car, you could come along to the Supercar Sunday event at Gaydon on the 28th June - free entry to club members... (£11 ticket price otherwise).

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=6192

NSX_Wannabe
06-06-2009, 06:20 AM
Looks good - will definitely come along if I get the car in time. Should know in the next week or so...