PDA

View Full Version : Wheels and Tyres

Greybloke
21-07-2005, 08:58 PM
My car has non standard wheels of unknown origin. These are fitted with tyres as follows:
Front 205/40 ZR17 84W
Rear 235/40 ZR17 90W

Working on the assuption that I will need to replace the rear rubber within the next 2 months, and the state of the strange wheels, I'm considering buying some replacements.

I've tried to understand the various threads relating to sizes, but remain confused :shock:
m I best going back to "15" and "16" Also where is the best place to buy wheels, any reccommendations?

Cheers

Greybloke
29-07-2005, 07:45 PM
Anybody? :(

ctrlaltdelboy
30-07-2005, 12:14 PM
my recommendations are Volk TE37s

you can stick to oem diameters like I did - I have 16x8" front and 17x9.5" rear (thats an inch wider than stock per wheel) and pick up some significant weight savings with great looks and a wider footprint (good for lateral grip) to boot.

however, you might prefer to forego some of the weight saving and jump up to 17x8" fronts if you intend to go for a BBK at some point, as you will not be able to get anything much bigger than stock under the 16s

also, if you are after R compound tyres there is a bit more choice in 17" than in 16" - this is my only regret in going for 16" fronts myself.

for more info, check my previous (extensive) thread further down this section here <---clicky (http://nsxcb.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=216)