PDA

View Full Version : The perpetuation of a lie

AR
28-04-2009, 08:50 PM
Since there is no such thing as a:

Honda NSX Jordan Edition [sic]

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/847606.htm

Is it considered fraud to advertise it as such?

Perhaps wikipedia should be edited to reflect that there was no such animal!

Cheers,

AR

Sudesh
28-04-2009, 09:07 PM
Since there is no such thing as a:

Honda NSX Jordan Edition [sic]

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/847606.htm

Is it considered fraud to advertise it as such?

Perhaps wikipedia should be edited to reflect that there was no such animal!

Cheers,

AR

lol!! Seen this for sale also.

Not sure if its actual fraud but; if someone bought the car and later found out they were "duped" into buying a "Jordan" or what the purchaser may have though was a limited edition, then the seller could be prosecuted as the vehicle whether sold privately or by trade, must be as described! and that car is obviously "NOT" as described as there is no Jordan edition. Pricing is a bit on the optimistic side too.

JP825
29-04-2009, 12:25 AM
If is a scam then I would imagine he will be asking for a much lower price then that.....

But then again if is genuine...he hasnt made much effort in selling it with a single pic and one sentence desciption??:laugh:

NSXGB
29-04-2009, 12:47 AM
http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=4169&highlight=jordan

Not even dropped the price in the current climate.

What do you reckon £25k overpriced?!

AR
29-04-2009, 09:27 AM
I think as you said 15K tops. Not even if Eddie Jordan decided to fettle it will it be worth that much!

Sublime
29-04-2009, 09:33 AM
I think as you said 15K tops. Not even if Eddie Jordan decided to fettle it will it be worth that much!

It must be the green graphic on the side that gives it it's value :rolleyes::laugh:.

Have fun,
Steven

markc
29-04-2009, 09:47 AM

With his current contributions to BBC's coverage of Formula One it probably make it worth less. Does he talk some complete bo!!ocks or what :)

Mark

AR
29-04-2009, 10:09 AM
With his current contributions to BBC's coverage of Formula One it probably make it worth less. Does he talk some complete bo!!ocks or what :)

Mark

Next thing there will be a Brawn GP one!!!

eclipse1501
29-04-2009, 02:35 PM

Mark

I wondered if it was just me. How many times can he use his favourite big word "contrite" in Barcelona?:angry:

Ewan
04-05-2009, 08:20 AM
Well, I emailed the seller of the Jordan Special Edition car to ask if he had any more details, ie what had been done to it that warranted the price?

No response, quelle surprise. :)

Cue another joker on PH (http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/998649.htm), selling what could be a pretty straight silver 92 manual coupe, with no mileage or price info listed, but says ... "COVERED ONLY 8000MLS PER YEAR FROM NEW" (you'd think a trader would have found the CAPS LOCK BUTTON BEFORE NOW). So it's at least 16 years old... suddenly "only 8000 per year" is starting to look a bit leggy...

Oh, and "THESE CARS ARE APPRICIATING IN VALUE AND SOON TO ATTAIN CLASSIC STATUS"

riiiiiight...

Senninha
04-05-2009, 03:33 PM

Mark

I dont think there has been a single race weekend at which he hasn't had a pop about the KERs system, sat on the fence about Maclarens and sung his own praises whilst cahing in on his new found 'popularity' by releasing a chart single with his ex F1 band mates :rolleyes:

I'm liking the rest of the coverage ...

NSXGB
04-05-2009, 04:57 PM
I like the new line up of presenters, EJ as has already been mentioned, is a bit annoying but I think he's got better. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt at the moment.
Lee McKenzie is a welcome addition, a little easier on the eye than Louise Goodman, but probably not the knowledge but who cares. :) I would personally have preferred Suzy Perry for the job but we can't all get what we want.

Sagacitas
04-05-2009, 06:06 PM
regarding the Jordan edition NSX - a coupe of years back the Honda dealership in Cambridge had a yellow, targa, automatic, NSX for sale - it had previously been owned by Eddie Jordan.

At that time they were asking £23,995 for it.

It was a brilliant drive!

Richard

TheSebringOne
04-05-2009, 09:51 PM
This car appeared a few years for sale & discussed here quite a bit. Seems to be conflicting info if such a special edition really existed, probably not, but there was the limited edition Civic two generations back. EJ'S old NSX was repainted & was for sale about 4-5 years ago by a NI Honda dealer in Belfast as I got chatty with the owners when looking for one to buy. It had a complete respray in yellow as it had loads of stone chips back then, not sure where it ended up?

AR
04-05-2009, 10:10 PM
Seems to be conflicting info if such a special edition really existed, probably not, but there was the limited edition Civic two generations back.

No there never was a Jordan NSX.

sassthathoopie
05-05-2009, 12:07 AM
Oh, and "THESE CARS ARE APPRICIATING IN VALUE AND SOON TO ATTAIN CLASSIC STATUS"

riiiiiight...

I went shopping for a Toyota Celica for my GF over the weekend. Got talking to the dealer about my car and he commented that early NSX values had risen by £6000 in the Glass's guide over the last couple of months.

I suggested this may well have been the result of a chat with NSXCB club members re numbers of good cars available and the prices they change hands for. + the difference between manual and auto cars.

Ewan
05-05-2009, 08:11 AM
The increase in Glass's guide values might just be they've re-aligned their previously way-too-low valuations. I got a few valuations done when I was shopping a year or two ago, and the "book" prices for NSXs were always waaaaay below what they were changing hands for.

As for the idea that one could buy an early NSX and make money on it.... well, time will tell, but I'd imagine that it's a bit too early for that. Genuinely appreciating in value would probably need to be unmodified, low mileage cars.

cheers
Ewan

Steve
08-05-2009, 12:06 AM
I did see a yellow NSX belonging to Eddie Jordan at the Silverstone factory in the mid to late 90's with the decal on. We did some work for them when they were using the Honda engine and if the car was there he was in. would'ent know if the was not standard, but the decals were not hard to come by as all the spanners(mechanics!!) had them on there cars.

NSXGB
08-05-2009, 08:48 AM
I did see a yellow NSX belonging to Eddie Jordan at the Silverstone factory in the mid to late 90's with the decal on. We did some work for them when they were using the Honda engine and if the car was there he was in. would'ent know if the was not standard, but the decals were not hard to come by as all the spanners(mechanics!!) had them on there cars.

So. . . . I think we should ditch the Senna & NSXCB sticker production idea and get some Jordan ones made them we'll see some good gains in the Glasses guide prices for our cars. . . . Hopefully £25k a piece like the one for sale at the moment. . .
:)

markc
08-05-2009, 10:05 AM
So. . . . I think we should ditch the Senna & NSXCB sticker production idea and get some Jordan ones made them we'll see some good gains in the Glasses guide prices for our cars. . . . Hopefully £25k a piece like the one for sale at the moment. . .
:)

It did cross my mind that in 5yrs and 2/3 owners time a bunch of Senna Editions would start appearing on the market ;)

Another possible reason for the theoretical raise in valuations could be that we've stopped rubbishing, on our for sale forum, half the cars that appear on the market?

Mark

AR
08-05-2009, 08:51 PM
Another possible reason for the theoretical raise in valuations could be that we've stopped rubbishing, on our for sale forum, half the cars that appear on the market?

Mark

Disclaimer the following post might offend some, might get me banned, infracted and the rest, but hey it won't get me pregnant!!! LOL

Here it goes:

Yes there has been some rubishings, but what is one to do when some piece of afterbirth son of a dog decides to buy a crashed NSX, half a$$ fix it and pass it on as HPI clear.

Is one to sit open mouthed and take all the $hit in?

Now there is one for sale by Bretwood and at least he has had the balls to state that the car was previously crashed. Nought wrong with that, is just good old fashioned honesty good luck to him on his sale.

With the current system people have to exercise due diligence and rely on the PMs of any member if they are members, to get the truth about the cars.

I like this board and I am grateful for it's existence as I have met some very good people who have enrich my life. I however think that it was wrong to penalize me for being honest. In this day and age we have replaced common sense with regulations.

I will still tell it like it is, but will strive not to offend people even when weak A$$ mofos challenge me and call me names they won't call to my face.

PS I have had a great ay, i am not upset and God bless you all!

mutley
08-05-2009, 09:18 PM
Ary,

That's a fair point. Good on Brentwood to say that the car has had a prang in the past, as you say.

I would just like to note, that the car I am currently driving round in, was also a damaged/repaired. And although whoever repaired it done it in a "get-it-done-quick" fashion that I am slowly putting right, it has in no way downgraded my enjoyment of the car, it has done me well, is now on 111k miles, and frequently takes me fron Bedfordshire to Edinburgh and back at weekends and never misses a beat.
My point is that maybe crashed cars can have hidden pasts, BUT are not all a bent piece of crap, and with some propper repair work and TLC, you can pick up a fantastic bargain.

Just thought I'd through that into the mix

Cheers
Jim

AR
08-05-2009, 09:48 PM
Ary,

Just thought I'd through that into the mix

Cheers

Jim

Jim,

My first NSX was a 1999 Cat D and it was sold as Cat D and it was a superb machine. Nothing wrong with crashed cars if they are structuraly sound and advertised as such.

But what I am talking about is a different story. :)

Cheers,

Ary

NSXGB
09-05-2009, 08:34 AM
but what is one to do when some piece of afterbirth son of a dog decides to buy a crashed NSX,

Very eloquently put! :)

markc
10-05-2009, 08:44 PM
Yes there has been some rubishings, but what is one to do when some piece of afterbirth son of a dog decides to buy a crashed NSX, half a$$ fix it and pass it on as HPI clear.

My observation was that as a group we (the NSXCB) had got ourselves into a habit of perhaps over critisising cars as they came up for sale, it wasn't aimed at anyone in particular. The practice we had fallen into could very well have had the effect of reducing prospective buyers confidence in the small selection of NSX's available at any one time, thereby driving them away and, as a consequence, prices down.

Cheers

Mark