PDA

View Full Version : Cat C NSX on PH

Xtreme
25-04-2009, 12:54 PM
Hi Guys, I've seen a Cat C NSX on PH. Former owner was a Tom Wordsworth a former member on here I'm told ?

There is some sorting on the car, I normally wouldnt go with In a mile of a Cat C car but I'm just looking to find a track day car build project and this one may fit the bill.

Anyone know any more about this car? the seller seems honest enough about all the things that need a fix.

I owned a NSX in 1993. Great cars.

Any Info would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

AR
25-04-2009, 05:05 PM
Hi there for what is worth the purple targa F-matic that sold recently was not much more than that and it was a straight car with full history.

Xtreme
26-04-2009, 09:36 AM
Thanks for that. I do want a coupe though for the stiffer body. There is also low mile Auto at a dealer in Worcs, Its a super clean at real sensible money but an Auto.

Xtreme
18-05-2009, 08:25 AM
The seller of this car is down to an asking price of £11,250 getting close to what Its worth for a V Car I think.

Doesnt any member here know anything about this car?

Thanks.

Papalazarou
18-05-2009, 10:11 AM
Hi,

the car was A1 before the accident. with around 70K on it. Tom had owned it for around 8 years and really looked after it. I believe the next owner span it on a roundabout? but not sure what the extent of the damage was. If you search for post made by 'Brettwood' you might learn some more about the repair work that was needed.

You could also PM Tom on here, his forum name is 'blue5'

Cheers,

James.

Xtreme
18-05-2009, 03:00 PM
Thanks James, Much appreciated. Its done 77k miles now Ive seen pics of the accident damage, not major buy the look of It, didnt have to go on a jig either which Is a plus point but of course once a Cat Car its always
going to be very difficult to move on but I have long term ownership in mind.

Off to search for more Info now!

Jon

Xtreme
07-08-2009, 10:20 AM
I see that this Cat NSX is still up for sale, I guess from the revised wording of It that potential buyers have viewed the car and have some concerns about the repair. Anyone on here been to see It?

I'm looking for a track day car and while a poor cosmetics would trouble me In a road car It would not In this Instance providing It was a solid
repair job.

Thanks

jammy84
07-08-2009, 05:30 PM
there has been a post before about this car : http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=6566

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Surfer
There's a CatC on Pistonheads...I think it is Keith Brettwoods one which he repaired going for £10.9K
SS

I looked at this one the weekend. Complete waste of My time(not sellers time), I travelled from Ireland with cash with every intention of buying this car as long as the repairs where decent. But unfortunately they where not. Not a professional repair at all more like a DIY job. The car may aswell of not been repaired at all... The chassis was not repaired properly, still twisted.. I could go on and on about it. There a very good reason for its low price, and in my opinion its not even worth half the price he is looking for. You would be better of just putting the extra few quid and buying a good clean one.
Probably only good for an oul track day car.