PDA

View Full Version : 2002+ Valance

Minch
22-04-2009, 08:57 PM
Does anyone know where I can get an NA2 valance for my 1992 NA1 from?

Sudesh
22-04-2009, 09:02 PM
Member "Paulius" has/had an 02+ car for breaking but the thread has been deleted?? Mayber all parts/car has been sold.

AR
23-04-2009, 01:26 AM
In the Uk the newly formed VTEC direct might be ablle to get you one, if not Honda will sell you one.

In Europe Detlef from procar or Dirk from nsx parts can get you one that will work overhere.

In the US they are slightly different due to the number plate.

Cheers,

AR

Senninha
23-04-2009, 06:42 AM
In the US they are slightly different due to the numver plate.

Cheers,

AR

This is true however you can mod the US one to fit the UK plate hanger. Dirk usually supplies US modified versions.

Other option is Downforce in US who offer OEM or their own slightly different version to which you can fit their sport rear diffusor that runs back to the rear ARB

regards, Paul

AR
23-04-2009, 09:50 AM
This is true however you can mod the US one to fit the UK plate hanger. Dirk usually supplies US modified versions.

Other option is Downforce in US who offer OEM or their own slightly different version to which you can fit their sport rear diffusor that runs back to the rear ARB

regards, Paul

I will say stick to OEM as what you save on the part you'll spend on prep. Plus your paint guy will be grateful for it!

NSXGB
23-04-2009, 10:03 AM
If you like the look of the colour coded bar underneath the number plate on the 02's rear which makes the car look a bit lower from the back imho, what about buying one of Bert's rear diffusers and getting it colour coded to your body colour? Just a thought. It would then be easily reversed to stock if you decide to sell and rate you a lot of cash. . .

Minch
23-04-2009, 12:51 PM
Does the NA2 Valance fit straight onto the NA1 bodywork without any issues then?

I love the Procar stuff but the pricing is too steep for me. In fact I was showing a mate last night and he saw the NSX-R pedals for 400 euro's and thought it was a typo ;)

Might be worth contacting Paulius, always worth an ask.

Who else has had personal experience of fitting this item? Anyone?

Senninha
23-04-2009, 01:05 PM
Nathan,

Its a bumper off to get access to the fixings, swap over, then bumper back on. All fixings were reuseable.

You'll need an extra pair of hands for the bumper removal and refix process to avoid any damage to it or the rear wings on install

regards, Paul

AR
23-04-2009, 03:40 PM
In my experience with a 1993 NSX this is not and easy task as many of the fixings were rusted and snapped when removed or had to be cut off.

If yours is a 1992 I your might have a similar experience as Paul's car is an S reg with lots less years of UK weather.

Best bet get the bodyshop to do it all, that way if they scratch anything it will be up to them. But if you go ahead, be prepare to be creative with some fixings.

Cheers,

AR

Minch
23-04-2009, 08:12 PM
Cheers for the tips guys. Might be able to blag my future father-in-laws garage ramps at the garage to carry out this task . . . just need to find one for the right price . . . ears the the ground fella's :)

Dave W
24-04-2009, 09:11 AM
Cheers for the tips guys. Might be able to blag my future father-in-laws garage ramps at the garage to carry out this task . . . just need to find one for the right price . . . ears the the ground fella's :)

did mine a few yeare ago,got it from dali and it all went well just allow a good few hours

Minch
24-04-2009, 09:53 AM
Hi Dave,

Was yours supplied to fit a UK number plate from Dali?

Dave W
09-07-2009, 09:53 AM
sorry minch have been away.
yes my arse end does carry a uk plate but i seam to remember cutting part of it to fit,marked out for both us and uk (trim here system)then the uk rubber covers the edges.
hope helps