PDA

View Full Version : NSX-R info on Honda website...

NSXGB
20-04-2009, 07:27 PM
Can't see this posted anywhere before, some good reading but you probably know it all already...thought the downforce section was a good read. I didn't realise the Type-R wing had such an effect. There was me thinking it was more cosmetic....silly me.

http://world.honda.com/NSX/concept/index.html (http://world.honda.com/NSX/concept/index.html)

Sometimes takes a while to load but is worth it.

AR
20-04-2009, 08:41 PM
Great find! I think it was posted before, but might have been lost in one of the moves.

It kind of annoys me the way Honda behaved and behaves with the NSX. They did not have the minerals to upgrade it enough to make it competitive, no matter waht some people think and now want to live off it's glory. They treat us owners like $hit as we are excluded from teh hapiness program. We get the no lubrication program!!!

Senninha
20-04-2009, 09:09 PM
..........They treat us owners like $hit as we are excluded from teh hapiness program. We get the no lubrication program!!!

:laugh: Sounds like you've had a bad day with the DIY ... as my little one would say ... take a chill pill ;)

AR
20-04-2009, 09:37 PM
I am chilled out Paul, as chilled as an Eskimos left ... :)

I do find Honda and other's price for NSX bits a bit of a pi$$take.

Senninha
20-04-2009, 09:41 PM
Cant really argue on the last point, but there ways of making savings if you can shop carefully.

Also, thanx to Gary (Hagasan) I have been able to take advantage of the Happiness scheme as the parts needed were generic to all Honda :D

AR
20-04-2009, 09:58 PM
Cant really argue on the last point, but there ways of making savings if you can shop carefully.

Also, thanx to Gary (Hagasan) I have been able to take advantage of the Happiness scheme as the parts needed were generic to all Honda :D

You lost me on that one Paul, unless you mean wheelnuts or bodyclips.

Senninha
20-04-2009, 10:25 PM
Close, zorst bolts, gaskets, springs and nuts ... 28 parts for £28 :)

NSXGB
20-04-2009, 10:48 PM
Close, zorst bolts, gaskets, springs and nuts ... 28 parts for £28 :)

OEM nuts??

Tomathy
29-04-2009, 05:04 AM
wth OEM nuts :laugh:

Hagasan
29-04-2009, 08:45 AM
OEM nuts??

No it wasn't wheel nuts Simon....

It was a lot of the exhaust fixings. When I was swapping my exhaust headers and cats for the 02+ system I had I wanted new fittings. I was very pleasantly surprised to find that several items were part of the Honda Happiness scheme and only cost 1p each!!!

Sublime
29-04-2009, 09:01 AM
No it wasn't wheel nuts Simon....

It was a lot of the exhaust fixings. When I was swapping my exhaust headers and cats for the 02+ system I had I wanted new fittings. I was very pleasantly surprised to find that several items were part of the Honda Happiness scheme and only cost 1p each!!!

That's cool, I presume a Honda dealer will offer up the happiness scheme prices without too much of a fight if you are asking for parts that aren't specific?

Have fun,
Steven

Hagasan
29-04-2009, 07:08 PM
That's cool, I presume a Honda dealer will offer up the happiness scheme prices without too much of a fight if you are asking for parts that aren't specific?

Have fun,
Steven

In reality I think the parts are only supposed to be sold at the HHS prices if you are having parts ie exhaust supplied and fitted by Honda. I can't see many businesses making a profit supplying an OE part shipped from Japan in a Honda bag for 1p!!

Sublime
30-04-2009, 07:35 AM
In reality I think the parts are only supposed to be sold at the HHS prices if you are having parts ie exhaust supplied and fitted by Honda. I can't see many businesses making a profit supplying an OE part shipped from Japan in a Honda bag for 1p!!

Good point, still you'd think Honda would prefer to keep their once flagship car on the road and at least make most of the NSXs commonly replaced parts and or servicing cheaper, or is that just wishful thinking :).

Have fun,
Steven