PDA

View Full Version : Cheddar Gorge Pistonheads meet

simonprelude
20-04-2009, 12:00 AM
A few photo's from todays Pistonheads meet at Cheddar Gorge, great weather. good food and lovely company.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3634/3456875917_fc3d56dbdf_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3624/3456876159_2f0295be75_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3499/3456876281_5340aea2b3_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3647/3457694514_e1bb392e9e_o.jpg

AR
20-04-2009, 12:43 AM
Very nice, wish i could have joined you guys but I really wanted to catch the F1.

How come you have not got the BBS on?

Cheers,

AR

Senninha
20-04-2009, 07:26 AM
Ary,

You watched telly rather than go for a drive out???? :eek: Get Sky+ at once and dont miss the next event ;)

As for the BBS, P27 is for sale ..... :(

regards, Paul

Very nice, wish i could have joined you guys but I really wanted to catch the F1.

How come you have not got the BBS on?

Cheers,

AR

amo
20-04-2009, 07:51 AM
very nice not been there with my car yet but might have to take a trip

thx amo

Papalazarou
20-04-2009, 11:04 AM
It was a really good day, glad I went despite lack of sleep and feeling emotionally hungover.
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who went, for lifting me out of of my self imposed misery.
I especially enjoyed the road to Wells; great piece of tarmac and enough gaps in the traffic to have some fun. A special commendation should go out to the Guy in the CTR who had to work pretty hard to catch up!

The roar of the TVR's and Lambos up the gorge was pretty impressive, but the car of the meet for me was the Marcos with the flaming exhaust.

Perhaps next time they do this we could get some more NSX's to come along.

Cheers,

James.

P.s, a picture of the master at work!!!

AR
20-04-2009, 12:06 PM
Ary,

You watched telly rather than go for a drive out???? :eek: Get Sky+ at once and dont miss the next event ;)

Paul I also had to look the purple targa with Amo for member Lee. One reason that kept me back was a large amount of certain cars. just reading James posts spookes me. Recently on my way back from shopping with the wife and in traffic an S2000 was feeling the need to inspect my rear bumper up close. In the end when i did not bite he undertook me using a bus/taxi lane! This type of idiots are the ones that cause me to try to avoid large meets with people I don't know well.

simonprelude
20-04-2009, 05:13 PM
This type of idiots are the ones that cause me to try to avoid large meets with people I don't know well.

We went for the separate option, static meet followed by NSX only drive :)

PeteM
20-04-2009, 06:40 PM
As Simon and James have previously said it was a great little get together with some good roads, good food, good company and plenty of sunshine.

One reason that kept me back was a large amount of certain cars. just reading James posts spookes me. Recently on my way back from shopping with the wife and in traffic an S2000 was feeling the need to inspect my rear bumper up close. In the end when i did not bite he undertook me using a bus/taxi lane! This type of idiots are the ones that cause me to try to avoid large meets with people I don't know well.

Ary just on this note, the guy in the Civic Type R was not trying to race us he was actually part of our little group and was just following us to the pub. The actual event was very well behaved, probably because a few people were still in bed!

HOWEVER, on the way back from the gorge to the motorway, a numpty in a smokey Teg R felt that he had to prove how small his manhood was and decided to overtake all 3 of us in convoy in a 30mph speed limit. Luckily this was the only silly incident of the whole day, but I fully understand where you are coming from.

Regards Pete.

p.s in the last pic play spot the Nsx owners !

SILVER BULLET
20-04-2009, 07:48 PM
Thank you James for the photo of my best side,I was only worshiping the beautiful NSX's.What a great day we had, thanks also to Pete and Rachel for finding a pub with a sunny garden and good grub, plus leading our mini convoy to and from the pub on what was an excellent bit of road.There was a good mix of very loud motors some of which were putting out around 114 db.
I have attempted to upload a few pics, appologies if they don't appear as I have not done this before.
Congratulation to Pete on his promotion today,I hope the day wasn't too stressful mate.
Ary,I also enjoy F1 so watched first 16 laps before leaving home then watched the remainder which I videod when we got home,so hope to see you on the next S W Mini meet,
Cheers,
Ian

SILVER BULLET
20-04-2009, 08:15 PM
A few more pics

Senninha
20-04-2009, 09:20 PM
.......... in the last pic play spot the Nsx owners !

Thats one hell of a hike just to have a p*** :laugh:

AR
20-04-2009, 09:35 PM
Nice Noble, but the colour looks a bit like a Focus ST???

TheSebringOne
21-04-2009, 12:41 AM
Ary, what also surprised me was how wide the Noble looked compared to the NSX? But its got to be shorter in length & especially the wheel base.

As for the Cheddar Gorge & the little NSX meet, it looked great! Shame its in Somerset! Why are there no such meets up the good ole NW!? :(

Senninha
21-04-2009, 06:50 AM
Why are no such meets up the good ole NW!? :(

Maybe its time to arrange your own mini meet ... obviously wont include a drive as you must be nearing your annual mileage already ;)

TheSebringOne
22-04-2009, 11:40 PM
Great idea Paul, maybe I could a mini meet for one! :laugh: Paul, I know of only three members here for the entire NorthWest! These car are rare, but like Alu/gold dust in these parts. The majority of owners seem to be South of Birmingham or even lower!? One day I will surprise you with a meet comprising of at least two NSX! :)

dan the man
25-04-2009, 05:27 PM
A DC2 passing a few NSX's ?

Now where have i seen that before...... :D