PDA

View Full Version : OEM centre console

forumadmin
16-04-2009, 07:29 AM
I want to make my car normal again. I'm looking for a unmolested clean, centre console.

NSX 2000
16-04-2009, 08:06 AM
I want to make my car normal again. I'm looking for a unmolested clean, centre console.

I understand that these don't cost an arm and a leg from Honda.

HTH

Paul.

ctrlaltdelboy
16-04-2009, 08:27 AM
mine is in the shed, it's yours if you want it bud

:)

forumadmin
18-04-2009, 10:45 AM
mine is in the shed, it's yours if you want it bud

:)

OK. I have cut the thin bars on mine which surround the stereo. I was thinking of repairing them and then covering the whole thing in alcantara. I'm sure my vacuum bagging equipment will allow me to press the material in nicely around all the shapes to do a decent job. However if it doesn't then a new one it will have to be. I'll let you know how it goes.

I was going to retrim the doors as well in the same.

I understand that these don't cost an arm and a leg from Honda.

I had the idea they were around £600?

NSXGB
18-04-2009, 11:13 AM
I was thinking of repairing them and then covering the whole thing in alcantara. I'm sure my vacuum bagging equipment will allow me to press the material in nicely around all the shapes to do a decent job.

Will be interesting to see how well you get on with this...obviously the hand brake recess is going to be tricky. Tell me more about the vacuum bagging technique?!
Sudesh posted a picture of his in alcantara which looks good.
Might have a go at my D*li one to make it look more presentable.

EDIT.
Pics of Sudesh's console here: http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=5164&highlight=console post #6.

forumadmin
19-04-2009, 03:57 PM
Vacuum bagging is the technique I and others use when making CF & fibreglass parts. What I will do with this is glue the material onto the console, wrap it in the vacuum film and suck out the air. This will make the material stick down to all the nooks and crannies while the glue dries.

More a precaution than anything else.

NSXGB
19-04-2009, 07:46 PM
Cheers, will be good to see how you get on...