PDA

View Full Version : japfest free tickets NOT

amo
14-04-2009, 09:51 PM
well i found a pic of my car in redline mag being used to advertise the event
well everyone knows me i luv pic of my car being taken so i thought id send the events company a email and ask them if they would send me a few free tickets lol me being me
and this is what i got

Hi Amo

Thanks for your enquiry.

Unfortunately we are not able to supply free tickets for this purpose. All photographs taken at all of our events (including the image of your NSX) belong to ourselves along with all copyright. We are able to use any of these images for all/any promotional purposes.

Many thanks
Japfest team

lol nice of them

Dave J
14-04-2009, 09:54 PM
Put a large sticker on your screen stating "The Japfest team are all gay".........they won't want to use it again :)
Dave.

amo
14-04-2009, 09:57 PM
lol might just doo that

thx amo

mutley
14-04-2009, 11:32 PM
well i found a pic of my car in redline mag being used to advertise the event
well everyone knows me i luv pic of my car being taken so i thought id send the events company a email and ask them if they would send me a few free tickets lol me being me
and this is what i got

Hi Amo

Thanks for your enquiry.

Unfortunately we are not able to supply free tickets for this purpose. All photographs taken at all of our events (including the image of your NSX) belong to ourselves along with all copyright. We are able to use any of these images for all/any promotional purposes.

Many thanks
Japfest team

lol nice of them

Hi Amo,

Maybe the photo belongs to them an is copyrighted BUT (to through a legal cat amongst the pigeons if you like) Did they ask your permission to take said photo??
Ahhhh seeee eh?

Jim

simonprelude
15-04-2009, 12:05 AM
Maybe the photo belongs to them an is copyrighted BUT (to through a legal cat amongst the pigeons if you like) Did they ask your permission to take said photo??

If it was at any of their events the small print on the tickets covers this issue, entry to the event is accepting the T's&C's etc :(

AR
15-04-2009, 12:15 AM
What twats! What else can I say.

ctrlaltdelboy
15-04-2009, 01:50 AM
copyright of any photo taken automatically vests in the photographer, irrespective of who/what the picture is of or where/when it was taken with or without permission.

without this right the papparazzi and the rags they sell their photos to would all be out of business! (not forgetting non-gutter photographers as well though)

sounds like the respondent to amo's enquiry was pretty quick to jump on the defensive in that reply, which tells me they have been bombarded in the past with folks giving them grief about publishing pics without getting permission etc.

best get the car plastered in some NSXCB stickers for the next one then eh?

mutley
15-04-2009, 08:31 AM
best get the car plastered in some NSXCB stickers for the next one then eh?

Yeah I know I know,i was reall bored once and readt teh small print!! I just like playing Devils Advocate!..............Good idea about the stickers though, infact I am surprised that no such club sticker exists?

Anyone want to volunteer to get that done?

Jim

NSXGB
15-04-2009, 08:38 AM
There are club stickers in existance. . . Maybe TQO could produce some more, sell them for slight profit and donate profit to the running of the web site? Just an idea.

britlude
15-04-2009, 03:56 PM
amo, you get use to it, my hotrod is in the lydden BHP show promo's! Just take it as a compliment that they used your car out of all the ones they could have!!!!

TheQuietOne
15-04-2009, 05:53 PM
There are club stickers in existance. . . Maybe TQO could produce some more, sell them for slight profit and donate profit to the running of the web site? Just an idea.

Good idea, except my stickers proved not to be very wash proof - so may have to provide a few for the same price :laugh:

I'm happy to have another go and maybe bring some along to Japfest to see what people think. The last ones I did in silver for the black glass areas, does everyone think that is an OK colour choice?

Papalazarou
15-04-2009, 06:00 PM
I don't know what your problem is mate, I saw your car on the front of 'What orange tractor' Bi-monthly!

Cheers,

James.

TheQuietOne
15-04-2009, 06:20 PM
I don't know what your problem is mate, I saw your car on the front of 'What orange tractor' Bi-monthly!

Is that the cover where it is being overtaken by a John Deer going up a hill?

lol

Nytram
15-04-2009, 08:23 PM
I agree with the idea of club stickers, can any one show us what they look like? As i might not be able to make it to Japfest:(
Maybe we could have our own done in vinyl, then donate to the club for the priviledge of having them on the car, just a thought.

AR
15-04-2009, 09:42 PM
I could really use a sun strip...

amo
15-04-2009, 10:16 PM
old man james whys my dad on your avitar and who's playing with my pic's lol
tractors r us lol
thx amo

Papalazarou
16-04-2009, 07:50 AM
old man james whys my dad on your avitar and who's playing with my pic's lol
tractors r us lol
thx amo

Hi Amo, I thought I recognised him! Has your picture changed?

Cheers,

James.

amo
16-04-2009, 09:13 PM
lol mmmmmmmmmmmm u lot
dont worry iv hot some liquid laxitive for you japfest lol u wait

thx amo

ctrlaltdelboy
17-04-2009, 06:41 PM
loving amo's new avatar - PMSL

who's going to animate the rear wheel rotating and add a soundtrack of the engine revving and then post it as a video response to amo's TD dyno run on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0rasujEvHc&feature=rec-HM-r2) then?