PDA

View Full Version : Favourite roads?

lotusolly
13-04-2009, 04:55 PM
Hi all. Taking a long weekend driving trip next weekend and in the process of rough planning my route. Does anyone recommend a special road in England that I may wish to incorporate in my plan?

Thanks

Olly

SILVER BULLET
13-04-2009, 07:08 PM
We have some great roads here in Devon/Cornwall and Somerset,but if I were to tell you which ones it would mean I might have to share them with someone else :laugh:
Cheers,
Ian

Senninha
13-04-2009, 07:10 PM
Hi Olly,

What , where, when ... Theres several I like but depends where you are heading as to whether to share ;)

regards,

Papalazarou
13-04-2009, 07:41 PM
We have some great roads here in Devon/Cornwall and Somerset,but if I were to tell you which ones it would mean I might have to share them with someone else :laugh:
Cheers,
Ian

I was driving that very road tonight in the S2. Managed to keep it in V-tech for 12 miles!!

Cheers,

James.

I can't tell you where it is, so here's a picture of my cat instead.

SILVER BULLET
13-04-2009, 07:58 PM
I was driving that very road tonight in the S2. Managed to keep it in V-tech for 12 miles!!

Cheers,

James.

I can't tell you where it is, so here's a picture of my cat instead.

Hi James,were you stuck in first gear ?:) you are going to wear it out before we get to Castlecombe at this rate :laugh:.
Cheers,
Ian

BabyG
14-04-2009, 09:01 PM
Sheffield to Glossop (Snake Pass), then cut south through Whaley Bridge, Buxton, Macclesfield, back to Buxton then on to Congleton. Awesome, as long as the weather is OK.

If you can, make it up to the quiet roads in Scotland, working my way back from there at the moment. Epic.

TheSebringOne
14-04-2009, 10:35 PM
I can vouch for the Snake Pass and roads around it, but watch those bikers around some of those Buxton roads! How about the road through Glencoe with its awesome mountain scenery, infact anywhere in the Highlands! You can't go wrong going NorthWest direction from Fort William :)

mutley
14-04-2009, 11:34 PM
I can vouch for the Snake Pass and roads around it, but watch those bikers around some of those Buxton roads! How about the road through Glencoe with its awesome mountain scenery, infact anywhere in the Highlands! You can't go wrong going NorthWest direction from Fort William :)

Yeah like your NSX has seen anything like that? or do you have it on DVD and show it to your car, while it's all tucked up in cotton wool?

Hint Hint, get your car out on the road!!!!!!!

TheSebringOne
15-04-2009, 11:48 PM
Jim, have you read the twytter thread, went out in her three days in a row over weekend & Monday! Snake is a great drive, but depends on the time & traffic!

AR
16-04-2009, 12:09 AM
My favourite road is the one just by my drive NSL and twisties!!!