PDA

View Full Version : 3.2 decisions 2004 vs 1998

Lankstarr
10-04-2009, 10:17 AM
I wanted to give both NSXs a good clean before posting pics but the weather and light are awful today.

Here's a snapshot of the dilemma I now face... can I really justify an extra £10k for the later car, do I prefer the pop ups and the Rosso Corsa, more to the point and probably how I'll decide - which will sell first!?

S5's rear wheel is in a dip hence the appearance of it being at an angle BTW!

TheQuietOne
10-04-2009, 10:23 AM
Morning,

Only a rough rule of thumb I use, but when I have two NSX's on the drive and am in this kind of dilemma (has happened more often than you would think), I tend to keep the one with the most wheel nuts. HTH :D

Matt.

In all seriousness, I would say that that picture just emphasises how much better the pop-ups look on a 3.2....IMHO of course.

WhyOne?
10-04-2009, 10:33 AM
I agree with Matt in much preferring the aesthetics of cars with pop-up lights.

I do, however, prefer the OEM Honda red however.

On this basis, the pop-ups would take it.

However, when making this descision, I would also be factoring in the intended duration of ownership vs. mechanical & cosmetic condition / age.

If I was looking for a car to keep inpertuity, I would consider whether the younger car is in appreciably better nick, whether it's mileage is dramatically lower etc. etc. These things could swing me to a facelift car.

Helpful eh?! ;)

Papalazarou
10-04-2009, 10:51 AM
I think it has a lot to do with colour; IMO NFR looks better on a pop-up car - but must have a black roof, black looks good on anything, White for a facelift, yellow either, silver looks better on a facelift car and it's tough to say about other colours as they were model specific.

With regard to what you are getting; I've driven early and late cars and would say that the little extra torque and the 6 speed gearbox is obviously the main thing, but you have that in your pop-up car.

However, you do get perforated leather!!!! (I know so do late pop-ups), a stiffer front end, a newer car, the late 17" wheels (look good in black), revision to the steering and fixed headlights, if that's your thing?

I'd reiterate WhyOnes comment about condition and age. I know these factors do not affect the NSX like other cars, but given the opportunity I would choose a later cleaner car. Also, you do get used to the fixed headlights. and the front bumper is an improvement IMO.

Cheers,

James.

P.s, take that plate off, paint the roof black and paint the fixed lights red and only drive it during the day. Alternatively, swap all the 97/02 parts around?!!;-)

Minch
10-04-2009, 11:55 AM
Before I bought my NSX I went to look at an 'N' reg NSX not realising it was a targa but it was low mileage for the price so I didn't mind too much. The thing that put me off was the fact that the car looked taller. The reason I thought this was because it didn't have the black pillars and roof of the original coupe. I personally think that the lines of the car are picked up much better with the black. Why not spray the pillars and roof black and keep the later car :)

Lankstarr
10-04-2009, 04:06 PM
It's a much tougher choice than most would think (as you guys appreciate!). The facelift car does look more up to date, the wheels are definitely nicer, it looks fatter from the front and side skirts are lower. I'm not convinced about the eggs on the rear lights but the rear bumper looks much better.

I could do all of this stuff to my '98 but it would cost me a few grand and it would be better to spend that money on the newer car spraying the roof black and adding a black Type R bonnet and cf bootlid and spoiler painted black. I guess the internals of the lights could be sprayed black to make them look more aggressive; I'm not sure what they do with the red type R's lights.

Both drive fantastically but the 4.5year old car obviously feels a lot newer than the 10.5 year old car. If one was a 3.0 and the other a 3.2 then the choice would be easy:cool:

later car has 63k and earlier one has 25k on the clock, a big gap but mileage isn't an issue on the older car for me... I was intending to keep the 1998 for a long time and well into 100k miles.

AR
10-04-2009, 05:05 PM
Keep the newer one on the basis that... it is newer!

PS I love pop ups but they look dated as F.

Cheers,

AR

NSXGB
10-04-2009, 05:06 PM
Keep the newer one on the basis that... it is newer!

PS I love pop ups but they look dated as F.

Cheers,

AR

I think Luke has made his decision, looking at the For Sale board....

Ewan
10-04-2009, 06:30 PM
Blimey - when we met you the other week, I remember you said "no big money spending on car for a while" ...

:)

Is there any notable difference in how they drive, other than one being that bit newer and with less miles?

cheers
Ewan

AR
10-04-2009, 07:00 PM
I personally think that the lines of the car are picked up much better with the black. Why not spray the pillars and roof black and keep the later car :)

It has to be done!

Lankstarr
10-04-2009, 09:23 PM
I haven't had a chance to take decent pics of the new one yet, when I do that will be up as well!

Not really any noticeable differences... James told me the suspension set up os very different but I'll have to drive them back to back to check it out more.

Interesting about the roof... I agree but my wife and mate down here love the red roof much better than the black! I guess it's meant to be on an NSX in most of our minds... but also a lot of new sports cars are doing it so probably the NSX was just way ahead of its time (again).

I'd need to have a look at a lot of photoshopped pics before spraying the roof of the 54.

L*

Sudesh
10-04-2009, 09:38 PM
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX/U00000589730L.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX/U00000589730_1.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX/1269661_2.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX/1269661_3.jpg

Lankstarr
10-04-2009, 09:43 PM
Sudesh, your archive of NSX pics must be enormous!

Thanks for posting... after seeing that I'm not sure, it may even look better red:eek:

I guess most of those cars are NA1's with facelifts done. The third one is oh so so shiny:)

Luke

Lankstarr
10-04-2009, 09:45 PM
I was going to put the black wheels back to original as well but hmmm maybe they do look better black. I think the original Honda badge looks better than the facelift Chrome H as well.

A good mixture of different bits in those pics:D

L*

Sudesh
10-04-2009, 09:53 PM
lol YEAH Luke I do have quite a collection of NSX photos!

The first 2 pics is the same car; I think it is a pre-facelift, with the upgrades.

The last 2 pics is same car but I think that is a facelift car. Will have a look through the rest of the archive for more! lol

AR
10-04-2009, 10:03 PM
I pinched this one from Prime:

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/4624/na2dsc0354fm0.jpg

In case you go mods mad! :)

Lankstarr
10-04-2009, 10:14 PM
The gold wheels suck but other than that it looks great. No need to go mods mad for that... just the R bonnet and rear wing... probably a cf boot and mirrors all painted with a black laquer over the cf to show the cf in the sun... paint the roof and that would do for me.

It would look awesome add a sc at a later date to be indistructable:laugh:

Oh... and some better brakes so you could stop the bloody thing;)

L*

AR
10-04-2009, 10:31 PM
Get out the Silver paint mate:

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m171/AR94NSX-R/NSX-GT/NSXforPicasatuning.jpg

Lankstarr
10-04-2009, 10:47 PM
No... you get out the cw paint!
What are those bits on your cf bonnet? Pins?

Lankstarr
10-04-2009, 10:48 PM
Whilst you're there pop some black paint on those mirrors:laugh:

AR
10-04-2009, 11:52 PM
No... you get out the cw paint!
What are those bits on your cf bonnet? Pins?

Yes same sort as this ones, but by Top Secret of Japan:

http://www.pistonheads.com/pics/news/16362/n24e-web-L.jpg

BTW Before the CW and Black I need to get this:

http://www.aboutmyarea.co.uk/images/imgstore/133_47510_i.jpg
Some of these:

http://www.maritime-deck-pros.com/images/anchor_selection.jpg

And can't forget:

http://www.yjw2009.jp/common/photo/VCG_200810031025.jpg

TheSebringOne
11-04-2009, 12:02 AM
Wow Luke, 2 NSX on your drive & both red! Is red your favourite colour!?

Either look great, but if I was in that position I would go for 02+ if I could afford to. HTH, but it seems your choice is now made pal.

If I was in that same position, it would be two silvers to choose from! :laugh:

JP825
11-04-2009, 01:58 AM
have to admire your love for the NSXs;)

Lankstarr
11-04-2009, 07:29 AM
have to admire your love for the NSXs;)

As James recently found out the only sensible thing you can replace an NSX with is another NSX:)

Ary - you lost me there

Wet Fish + Anchor + Post

Wanchor post? Is that some sort of arial for you car that you need to rub a lot?

NSXGB
11-04-2009, 08:36 AM
Love the 02+ with a black roof (and black mirrors). As Paul suggested in another thread, you could get the roof wrapped in gloss black so it would be easily reversable if you decided you didn't like..
Not a fan of the black wheels but I must admit I have a soft spot for gold or bronze on a red car. The pic from Prime above I like a lot.

NSX 2000
11-04-2009, 07:34 PM
As most of you know I have already done this, gone from NA2 pop up to NA2 fixed. When I jumped into one straight from the other I could not tell any differance apart from the shape of the gear stick. However I had a 2000 model and I know they made changes between 1998 MY's and 2000 MY's.

What I would comment on is about things going wrong and warranties. With regards to things going wrong take your a/c on your current car, and this will only be the start, at least in the 2004 these things won't happen for another 5 or so years plus you can get a honda warranty on the 2004 up untill it's 8 years old.

To show how reliable the NSX is over say the precived reliability of an Audi, Honda wanted £1,000 for a 3year extended warranty including european breakdown cover on my car when it was 3 years old, whilst Audi wanted over £800 for just 1 years warranty on a 3 year old A4 TDI. This proves how little faith Audi have in their own product!

Paul.

Lankstarr
11-04-2009, 08:38 PM
That's a cheap warranty I guess, but give the reliability of NSXs in general (on non W&T parts) I think £1000 goes a long way.

Still torn TBH!

Ewan
11-04-2009, 08:42 PM
Paul - are you saying that even if the car has already gone out of warranty (which Luke's 2004 will have), he could put it back into warranty for £1k for 3 years?

I've only ever seen car manufacturers offer extended warranty for a period after the end of the existing warranty...?

rgds
Ewan

amo
11-04-2009, 10:15 PM
1st thing id do mate is take the both front plates off

then have another look

but im lookin towards na1 just looks more meaner
thx amo

NSX 2000
11-04-2009, 10:59 PM
Paul - are you saying that even if the car has already gone out of warranty (which Luke's 2004 will have), he could put it back into warranty for £1k for 3 years?

I've only ever seen car manufacturers offer extended warranty for a period after the end of the existing warranty...?

rgds
Ewan

Hi Ewan,

When I bought my first NSX, W2 was just six years old and did not have a honda warranty, I took her to Chiswick Honda who did the six year service and sold me a two year warranty for £800 as they found no faults and she had a full Honda Service History. My understanding of the Honda Warranty will depend on age and milage of the car. As W2 was six years old and had 18K miles they only wanted £800 for the 2 year warranty, for my current car as she is only 3 years old another 3 years warranty was only £1000. For L* he may have to pay more as his car is year older.
HTH
Paul.
PS when my current warranty runs out under the current Honda rules I will be able to get another 2 years as they will warranty their cars upto a max of 8 years old.

AR
11-04-2009, 11:20 PM
As James recently found out the only sensible thing you can replace an NSX with is another NSX:)

Ary - you lost me there

Wet Fish + Anchor + Post

Wanchor post? Is that some sort of arial for you car that you need to rub a lot?

Turbot + Anchors + EMS = Cryptic for Turbo, brakes and EMS. :)

Lankstarr
16-04-2009, 09:28 AM
Hi Paul,

Honda quoted me £1354 for 3 years warranty... where did you get yours from?

Thanks,

Luke

As most of you know I have already done this, gone from NA2 pop up to NA2 fixed. When I jumped into one straight from the other I could not tell any differance apart from the shape of the gear stick. However I had a 2000 model and I know they made changes between 1998 MY's and 2000 MY's.

What I would comment on is about things going wrong and warranties. With regards to things going wrong take your a/c on your current car, and this will only be the start, at least in the 2004 these things won't happen for another 5 or so years plus you can get a honda warranty on the 2004 up untill it's 8 years old.

To show how reliable the NSX is over say the precived reliability of an Audi, Honda wanted £1,000 for a 3year extended warranty including european breakdown cover on my car when it was 3 years old, whilst Audi wanted over £800 for just 1 years warranty on a 3 year old A4 TDI. This proves how little faith Audi have in their own product!

Paul.

NoelWatson
16-04-2009, 09:36 AM
Hi Paul,

Thanks,

Luke

I bought mine from Chiswick when it was three years old and they gave me an extra three years (including wear and tear) for 1k.

NSX 2000
16-04-2009, 10:12 AM
Hi Paul,

Thanks,

Luke

Hi Luke

Mine came from Norton Way. All the guy did was tap my reg and current millage into the Honda database and the computer told him the cost (£1014.68)

I have an unlimted claims limit plus Hondacare Assistance including europe.

If you think to buy AA cover including europe is about £150 a year (times 3 = £450) then warranty only cost £565

HTH

Paul.

Lankstarr
16-04-2009, 03:16 PM
Thanks guys - local Honda garage quoted me 541 / 870 / 1396 and Norton way quoted me 324 / 560 / 795!!

Got two people on teh 54 plate and if one of them buys with no messing I'll have to let it go. One of them wants to export it though:(

Luke

Lankstarr
17-04-2009, 06:28 PM
SAdly saw the 54 plate go today - the first person to see it, within hours of the ad being posted bought it:(

The right thing to do says my head, a school boy error says my heart. I'm not sure another red one as nice as that will come up again for a long time... if at all.

With high demand for post 2003 cars in Hong Kong and buyers with deep pockets it's questionable how many late facelift cars remain in the country and how many will go in the future. The GreyPaul's one with 3k miles went to HK, I'm not sure about the grey blue one, but that seems to have been sold also, a guy wanted to export this one as well.

The new owner will no doubt be on here soon to remind me of what I'm missing out on;)

Decision made anyway!

L*

Minch
17-04-2009, 06:43 PM
Congratulations & comisserations!?!?!!?!

What about S5 NSX? Still on the market or is it for keeps now?

Lankstarr
17-04-2009, 07:39 PM
Funny - I was just looking at the pistonheads ad asking myself exactly the same question!

For keeps I think... until the next 54 plate comes up:rolleyes:

S5 is a great car that's done me well, sticking with what I know isn;t a bad option as there isn;t anything else out there besides teh car I just sold that I fancy!!

Senninha
17-04-2009, 08:56 PM
Well if we ship all the fugly 02+ over seas that just increases the value of the 3.2 pop-ups :D On this basis you may have under-priced S5!!

AR
18-04-2009, 12:18 AM
Well if we ship all the fugly 02+ over seas that just increases the value of the 3.2 pop-ups :D On this basis you may have under-priced S5!!

Paul, if you say pop ups are better outloud three times it will make it true...

Luke congratulatios but as you said I think you will regret it later... How about selling S5 and getting that vette!

Senninha
18-04-2009, 05:41 PM
Paul, if you say pop ups are better outloud three times it will make it true...

Ary,

With the other 02 mods its the lights/bumper that would complete it the change. And I think an 02 in Magnum would look good, however, I just cant bring myself to loose the pop-ups. IMO they are crucial to the classic design element of the NSX.

regards, Paul

mutley
18-04-2009, 05:45 PM
Ary,

With the other 02 mods its the lights/bumper that would complete it the change. And I think an 02 in Magnum would look good, however, I just cant bring myself to loose the pop-ups. IMO they are crucial to the classic design element of the NSX.

regards, Paul

I'll second that

Jim

WhyOne?
18-04-2009, 06:33 PM
. IMO they are crucial to the classic design element of the NSX.

I agree.

It's the way Honda intended the car to be.

AR
18-04-2009, 07:49 PM
I am not saying they are not good, just that they are really heavy, overcomplicated and outdated. You just got to have an 02 assembly in one hand and a pop up in the other and the difference is massive.

Lankstarr
18-04-2009, 07:57 PM
The Vette just doesn't give me the feel I get from the NSX - I've not driven one but the wheel's on the wrong side and it just doesn't get me really excited.

A Gallardo Superleggera on teh other hand gets me very excited:) May be a few years before that comes into scope (i.e. depreciates some more!).

The facelift car does look a lot more up to date; the biggest thing for me is the rear valance and it's something I'll definitely consider for S5. The problem is spending lots of money on S5 could bring me into the price territory of N5XAM and in which case I should have just kept it!

The lines on the bonnet being more curvacious add to teh updated look; the earlier cars are dead sexy, but with all their lines are just a little angular when compared to the later cars. The late cars looks squatter and fatter from the front; I think this is dues to the maranello style front bumper and the positioning of the vents.

I'd still love to get rid of my fugly headlight washers and for anyone crazy enough to still have their front fogs I urge you to spend 20 minutes temporarily removing them. They're out of date, ugly, heavy and a disgrace to the front of the car. Check out pics of S5 in the gallary to see how it looks without the 80's fogs.

Driving S5 today made me feel that I'd done the right thing... I've done 5k miles in the last year and may even do less next year now Isla is here.

Cheers for all of your inputs; I would love to get a later car one day and stick an R bonnet and rear wing and a turbo on it. Now just isn;t the time as I reminisce about the one that got away that would have been the perfect candidate for the job.

The new owner did agree to sell it backk to me if he ever weanted rid... first refusal and all that! It may come in handy if these people want to ship all the post 2003 cars out to HK!

L*

AR
18-04-2009, 10:26 PM
Even Tiff likes it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSj0BnEWZTs&feature=channel_page

WhyOne?
19-04-2009, 09:28 AM
I am not saying they are not good.........

For me it is not a question of 'goodness' per se. They certainly aren't great headlights, I would imagine the open lights are better. I dont doubt for a second your assertion that they are heavier either.

But, IMHO it is a question of 'rightness' - they are right for the car.

An analogy - if you had a nice, unmolested georgian house, it would have sash windows. Heavy, poorly insulated, high maintainance, but aesthetically correct. You could (planning authorities permitting!!) replace them with some nice upvc double glazing - certainly better windows in every practical respect, but not at all pleaseing to look at.

Picking up on Luke's point re. fog lights - for me (and all this stuff if personal preference, it would be terribly dull if we all though the same) they should be there, it is a shame to remove them.

Just my 2p.

mutley
19-04-2009, 11:15 AM
......................................Picking up on Luke's point re. fog lights - for me (and all this stuff if personal preference, it would be terribly dull if we all though the same) they should be there, it is a shame to remove them.

Just my 2p.

Yeha I agree. I don't have the fogs on my car, but have been looking to get some to fill the gap.

Jim

AR
19-04-2009, 06:26 PM
I test drove a 1996 NSX as favour for a board member. This was a midnight purple/tan targa and I must say that in this colour combo, the pop ups and fogs worked well together.

In my opinion with the silver, blue, white and red the 02 front looks really good.

In the darker colours, the pop ups look better.

Cheers,

Ary

TheSebringOne
19-04-2009, 09:16 PM
Ary, the ZR1 was repeated on TG tonight! Amazing performance 0-60 in 3.4 but its over £100K! Good value for that sort of performance but its twice the price of the ZO6, which is very quick enough 0-60 in 3.9! I quite like the look, but its not really my taste. Have you ever thought about buying a ZO6? My old neighbour had a old C5, a bit quicker than the NSX in a straight line, but not so good around twisty bits unlike the ZO6/ZR1.

AR
19-04-2009, 10:56 PM
Have you ever thought about buying a ZO6?

Quite a few times. :)

I actually still quite like the original ZR1, the GNX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G6wtnmdZhE

( before FF decide to use it! ) and the mustang SVO.

But for now I have a little project FB:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VORULM0O7oE&feature=related

Cheers,

AR

TheSebringOne
19-04-2009, 11:41 PM
Those were great cars the original RX7s, have you any pics of your project yet?

AR
19-04-2009, 11:46 PM
Here is a teaser:

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m171/AR94NSX-R/1983%20RX-7%20FB/12052009353.jpg

Cheers,

AR

TheSebringOne
19-04-2009, 11:47 PM
Personally I quite like the O2+ lights, but I'm happy with my pop ups & my fogs. As I like keeping things OEM, then thats the way it will stay for now. I also think you get more light on the roads at ground level when theres no street lights for the pitch black night blasts! Maybe I might get some HIDS upgrade one day?

Senninha
20-04-2009, 08:32 AM
Ary, Oh boy are those things fun!!!!!!!!

I started my car sales career at a Mazda dealer and bought and sold many of these (dont actually like the later models as much)

I loved these so much that I bought 2 or 3 for myself. The last 2 had the Elford Turbo installed. I still remember pulling max revs in 5th on the M3 with the little buzzing screaming 'No More' :laugh: The widebody was very in your face being bright red with gold rims :embarassed: but the Tender blue one was stock to look at apart frorm glass roof.

What are you planning to do Ary?

regards, Paul

Here is a teaser:

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m171/AR94NSX-R/1983%20RX-7%20FB/12052009353.jpg

Cheers,

AR

AR
20-04-2009, 11:26 AM
They are a lot of fun, here is the plan Paul:

12A large bridgeport
Weber 48 IDA and manifold
straigh exhaust
uprated clutch and maybe 2gen gearbox
4.44 rear end
It already has 4 wheel discs so I'll replace the discs, pads and lines.

It should be way more fun!

Cheers,

Ary

Senninha
20-04-2009, 11:55 AM
Ary,

One of the most important parts on these is the small capillary tube that feeds oil to the intake. Make sure this is regularly cleaned and free flowing. If it blocks and you loose oil flow, you are on your way to a new engine. These early rotary's must have oil for the rotor tips to prevent excessive wear.

Keep this clean and the unit is usually trouble free :)

regards, Paul

AR
20-04-2009, 12:14 PM
Ary,

One of the most important parts on these is the small capillary tube that feeds oil to the intake. Make sure this is regularly cleaned and free flowing. If it blocks and you loose oil flow, you are on your way to a new engine. These early rotary's must have oil for the rotor tips to prevent excessive wear.

Keep this clean and the unit is usually trouble free :)

regards, Paul

I agree Paul, many thanks for the tip. I will however be switching to premix once I go bridgeport. I already had to do some bodywork, oil cooler, service, gaskets, muffler, etc.

You haven't got a glass roof anywhere in the back of the garage have you LOL!

Cheers,

Ary

Lankstarr
22-03-2010, 10:43 PM
I wanted to give both NSXs a good clean before posting pics but the weather and light are awful today.

Here's a snapshot of the dilemma I now face... can I really justify an extra £10k for the later car, do I prefer the pop ups and the Rosso Corsa, more to the point and probably how I'll decide - which will sell first!?

S5's rear wheel is in a dip hence the appearance of it being at an angle BTW!

Well almost exactly a year on and the same two cars adorn my driveway once again. I regretted selling the pristene 54 plate as soon as it left my driveway and thankfully the previous owner honoured my request of first refusal when he came to sell. All I can say is damn those appreciating NSXs! 8% in a year isn't bad!

This one's definitely a keeper and will be the proud new owner of the Reg "S5 NSX"

happy, happy days!

To all of you that originally advised I keep the later car, now's your chance to say I told you so!

L*

TheSebringOne
22-03-2010, 11:06 PM
Congratulations Luke and we told you so! :D

NSXGB
22-03-2010, 11:57 PM
Well almost exactly a year on and the same two cars adorn my driveway once again. I regretted selling the pristene 54 plate as soon as it left my driveway and thankfully the previous owner honoured my request of first refusal when he came to sell. All I can say is damn those appreciating NSXs! 8% in a year isn't bad!

This one's definitely a keeper and will be the proud new owner of the Reg "S5 NSX"

happy, happy days!

To all of you that originally advised I keep the later car, now's your chance to say I told you so!

L*

So you've bought Ollie's car?

ollie
23-03-2010, 09:14 AM
So you've bought Ollie's car?

he has indeed purchased my red NA2 , i purchased a silver one ( i had to have the quickest colour ! as you know ) so couldnt keep 2 .

steve

markc
23-03-2010, 10:10 AM
he has indeed purchased my red NA2 , i purchased a silver one ( i had to have the quickest colour ! as you know ) so couldnt keep 2 .

steve

'tis a veritable NSX merry-go-round :)

WhyOne?
23-03-2010, 12:59 PM
Musical NSX's!

Congrat's to both of you though.

NSXGB
23-03-2010, 02:31 PM

steve

Nicely done Steve. :)

ollie
23-03-2010, 02:54 PM
Nicely done Steve. :)

hi ,

how are you ?

quick question for you , if i remember correctly you have lowered and put spacers on you car , which makes and what sizes , lowered by ?
whats the pros and cons , is tyre wear an issue
i am thinking of 25mm rear and 15mm front using H+R , but not sure about how much to lower and what make of spring to use
many thanks

steve

NSX 2000
23-03-2010, 03:00 PM

steve

Hi Steve

Congrats on your sale and new purchase, is it a pop up NA2 or face lift NA2?

Paul.

PS took the plunge last week and added a Dublo Van to the fleet:unsure:

ollie
23-03-2010, 03:14 PM
Hi Steve

Congrats on your sale and new purchase, is it a pop up NA2 or face lift NA2?

Paul.

PS took the plunge last week and added a Dublo Van to the fleet:unsure:

hi Paul ,

hope you are well

nov 2005 in sebring , my new reg is now S3 NSX , in fact my new number plates ( the original ones were terrible ) have arrived as i typing

steve

ps its a dOblo LOL , good van though

i see you are thinking of going to 20years in germany , i`m interested as well

NSX 2000
23-03-2010, 03:22 PM
hi Paul ,

hope you are well

nov 2005 in sebring , my new reg is now S3 NSX , in fact my new number plates ( the original ones were terrible ) have arrived as i typing

steve

ps its a dOblo LOL , good van though

i see you are thinking of going to 20years in germany , i`m interested as well

Not just intrested but 95% sure we will go, 2008 trip was really good, we had some great meals, good driving, and some very funny chats including one about touching cloth :eek:

Is your new one the one with the full blue interior?

Paul

ollie
23-03-2010, 03:29 PM
Not just intrested but 95% sure we will go, 2008 trip was really good, we had some great meals, good driving, and some very funny chats including one about touching cloth :eek:

Is your new one the one with the full blue interior?

Paul

no full black interior ,

what do i need to do to book 20 years , is any one organising in uk

steve

NSX 2000
23-03-2010, 06:06 PM
no full black interior ,

what do i need to do to book 20 years , is any one organising in uk

steve

Just let Heinz know that your going on the events thread section.

I will start a new thread with details about who is going when etc etc

Paul

Senninha
23-03-2010, 06:30 PM
.....nov 2005 in sebring , my new reg is now S3 NSX , .......i see you are thinking of going to 20years in germany , i`m interested as well

So that will be the last 12 plus 1 then ;)

Congratulations!

We just need to find S1 and S4 as Luke has S5 and I have S2 :) ... which is by far the quickest color!

I also hoping to go to Germany.

regards, Paul

NSXGB
23-03-2010, 06:41 PM
hi ,

how are you ?

quick question for you , if i remember correctly you have lowered and put spacers on you car , which makes and what sizes , lowered by ?
whats the pros and cons , is tyre wear an issue
i am thinking of 25mm rear and 15mm front using H+R , but not sure about how much to lower and what make of spring to use
many thanks

steve

Spacers weren't required in the end for my wheels...
I have the Type-S suspension package which is allegedly 15mm lower than standard.
Much lower than that and you may need to alter other components to be able to get your geometry in spec & avoid tyre wear issues.
H&R spacers seem to be the ones to get.
HTH.