PDA

View Full Version : red 2002 nsx

mick.harris
09-04-2009, 06:53 PM
hi,
does anyone have any information on the red new shape nsx on the autotrader website please.
looks well priced ? 2002 ,28500 miles, new shape and right on my budget at £25000 ono,
any info would be great before I contact the seller who lives 220 miles away,

thanks
mick

Lankstarr
09-04-2009, 08:08 PM
CAT D write off on 29th august 2005 and repaired.

Category D
A damaged vehicle which the insurer has decided not to repair, but which could be repaired and returned to the road.

Missing front badge so I guess front end damage ... but it would have had to be £35k+ worth of damage to write that off in 2005.

Senninha
09-04-2009, 10:05 PM
Hi Mick,

If £25k is your budget, I'd look at the Imola 3.2 pop-up currently for sale here and pistonheads .... these late pop-ups, coupe or targa are the hardest cars to find and this one has a well documented history.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/980838.htm

Just an idea ...

regards and welcome,

mick.harris
09-04-2009, 10:12 PM
thanks guy's, thought you'd know, saves me a phone call !!!!

Lankstarr
10-04-2009, 09:10 AM
Depending on the documentation of the damage it's probably priced fairly for a CATD... you wouldn't be getting a facelift for under 30k otherwise!

As per my email to you my red 3.2 is just about to go up for sale... it has been resprayed from Imola to Rosso Corsa, but Honda did the spray and cosmetic repair and you can confirm all of the work with them. Nearly all NSX of this age will have had some paint / work.

Thanks,

Luke

TheQuietOne
10-04-2009, 09:59 AM
Nearly all NSX of this age will have had some paint / work.

I think this may be true actually, it all depends on how fussy you are. My 2000 car which always gets positive comments on it's condition at NSXCB meets (well to my face anyway) actually needs some work at some point. There are certain areas these things are prone to oxidation unfortunately - where the front bumper meets the wing on each side is a prime area.

For me I'll put it off as long as possible as a) it doesn't really bother me as long as it stays the same size, and b) I love the fact mine has original paint all over. Having seen Luke's and James' (Papalazarou's) old red T, I wouldn't have any qualms about getting it done if my car ever became a garage queen and wouldn't just collect more stone chips again.

I would on the other hand tend to stay away from these cars if they are Cat D, from everything I have read they are not conducive to being brought back from the dead - aluminium suspension, panels and chassis components don't like being whacked!!

Good luck with your search - it appears there will be a couple of interesting cars on top of Simon's Imola popping up for sale imminently :).

Regards,

Matt.

P.S. Mick you don't say where you are based, but if you want to check out a members car just ask I'm sure someone will give you a guided tour and what to look for etc!

Papalazarou
10-04-2009, 10:29 AM
Whilst we're not discussing cars for sale on AT and PH, just wondered what the deal with this car was? Looks good, obviously a great colour;-) and a great price.
It's also been for sale for quite a while. Just seems strange as before I decided not to sell my car I had two sensible offers and my car was higher mileage and nearly two years older.

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/HONDA+NSX/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-240-4294925094-4294966904/advert.action?R=200914331738773&distance=322&postcode=SO40+4BL&channel=CARS&make=HONDA&model=NSX&min_pr=&max_pr=&max_mileage=&vehicleYearOfManufacture=2004&vehicleRegLetter=

P.s, Matt, NFR is by far the most rewarding colour to clean up and the great thing about your car is you know it's never had a prang!

TheQuietOne
10-04-2009, 10:38 AM
Whilst we're not discussing cars for sale on AT and PH, just wondered what the deal with this car was? Looks good, obviously a great colour;-) and a great price.
It's also been for sale for quite a while. Just seems strange as before I decided not to sell my car I had two sensible offers and my car was higher mileage and nearly two years older.

Maybe location? Does seem strange and it looks lovely.

Thanks for the comments, I have never seen anything look like my car did after your treatment that weekend - just glad I captured it on film so to speak. It may never look that good again :D.

Paul G
10-04-2009, 12:45 PM
Hi Mick,

Good to see your still looking out for an NSX!

I guess mine may be too old for you, but if you want to save some money and buy a very original "pop up" with full History and serviced last week I could be tempted! I can't believe that I have actullay made a decsison to sell, but as I saw it was you that was looking, Mick, I just know my car would have a good home!

I Can always meet you at the station ;-)

With the spare money just think of how many more race suits you could buy!

All the best
Paul

PS - Andy has just sold the Clio!

Minch
10-04-2009, 01:08 PM
Andy sold the Clio! Whats next on the radar?

Paul G
10-04-2009, 01:30 PM
Clio gone.....WR1 Next! he wants to go back to one car and actually use it this time! Possibly EVO VIII but he seems to be taking his time which winds me up, I just love spending his money!!

PG

mick.harris
10-04-2009, 02:16 PM
Good to hear from you paul, I flogged my racesuit collection to a bloke in Austria !!!! hence the car search,
I'll probably end up with a facelift 911, but as you know I've always fancied an NSX,
Regards
mick

simonprelude
10-04-2009, 02:56 PM
Good to hear from you paul, I flogged my racesuit collection to a bloke in Austria !!!! hence the car search,
I'll probably end up with a facelift 911, but as you know I've always fancied an NSX,
Regards
mick

Well if you fancy coming over to look at mine I'm around for the next couple of weeks day and evening.

Sudesh
10-04-2009, 08:29 PM
That CAT D facelifted car is quite local to me.

I actually seen this car a number of years ago and it was CAT D back then, infact I know the dealership that was selling it then.

Yambo
17-04-2009, 02:08 PM
Looks quite a nice one, whats the deal with it?

Anyone looked at it? I've noticed its been on the auto trader for a while but
he doesn't list any details!!

NSXGB
17-04-2009, 02:16 PM
Read above...all will be revealed...

Looks quite a nice one, whats the deal with it?

Anyone looked at it? I've noticed its been on the auto trader for a while but
he doesn't list any details!!