PDA

View Full Version : Help need a new space saver fold flat tyre

Chris B N
30-03-2009, 10:47 AM
anyone know where to get a replacement fold flat spacer tyre, mine is splitting and unsafe. both Bridgestone and Continental say they don't make them.

WhyOne?
30-03-2009, 12:14 PM
Do away with the spare & carry a can of 'goo' in the boot?

If you are unable to source a replacement tyre, remove the defective tyre / wheel from the car before you take it for its next MOT - you can fail for having an illegal spare tyre, but not for not having a spare tyre!

simonprelude
30-03-2009, 12:39 PM
I think the only place to get one would be from a member on here (but even the newest ones will now be 4 years old) or direct from Honda.

I think the Honda price is over £1000 as includes the wheel also.

Chris B N
30-03-2009, 02:28 PM
Thanks guy's
think it will be the gunk can and save a bit of weight, Bridgestone UK deny that they make one even though their name is on the tire, just found out from Honda £1100 as you can only buy tyre and wheel together.

WhyOne?
30-03-2009, 02:57 PM
Thanks guy's
......just found out from Honda £1100 as you can only buy tyre and wheel together.

Ah!

Another keenly priced NSX part from Honda UK!

Chris B N
30-03-2009, 04:16 PM
While walking my best mate ( cocker bitch) I realised the first fault i've found with the design concept of the NSX.
You are away for the weekend with the wife/ girlfriend,cases in the boot, out in the middle of nowhere rear flat, slip on the spare, what do you then leave behind, the wife /girlfrieng, the luggage, the 245x40x17 and rim or yourself
good o'l Mr Honda forget where t-- f--- you put the road wheel.:think:
just goes to show how to throw away £1100 when you could buy 100 cans of goo. A liitle fun but a question that I an sure has been raised before:)

Silver Surfer
30-03-2009, 04:35 PM
The boot is shaped to fit the road wheel. Stick the luggage in the 'frunk'....sorted!

SS

indi pearl
01-04-2009, 01:19 PM
I had the same "perishing" problem with my spare and after several frustrating weeks talking to tyre retailers (non of whom could ,in retrospect help me) I to arrived at the unbelievable Honda option.in my case the local main dealer quoted £1,600 !!
Needless to say I now have no spare in the front and 2 of the larger cans of the sticky stuff in an insulated box in the boot.

NSXGB
01-04-2009, 01:29 PM
If you are considering buying a s/h replacement, bear in mind there are different sizes. The earlier 91-94 spares won't fit over the brakes of the later models which had a larger spare wheel.
I believe they are colour coded - earlier ones are orange and I think yellow for the later.
As already stated though, they will most likely be perished by now too....

AR
01-04-2009, 05:19 PM
If anyone is afte one for the earlier years, I have one for the earlier cars £ 100 no cracks or anything like that, in fact it looks like new.

Cheers,

AR