PDA

View Full Version : 3.2 wanted

Ian Stuart
08-07-2005, 12:45 PM
Hi, brand new member here, I've wanted an NSX for years so have literally re-mortgaged the house! Been looking at this site for a while before registering - nice job.....

I'm after a 3.2 (therefore manual unless I have mis-understood some important detail), non-targa NSX.

Having kept an eye on the market via this site, Autotrader, Exchange & Mart, dealers and test driving a few over the last few months it seems clear that prices are all over the place. Therefore, if anyone is considering selling their car could they please contact me. I hope that by using this forum I can establish contact with the right sort of person.

Could I politely ask that only 'proper' genuine people with proper genuine cars make contact; I used to be in the motor trade in the dim and distant past so please don't bother offering me a lemon with dodgy history or that's been in a smash.

Sorry to sound rather prescriptive but this vehicle will be my absolute pride and joy, therefore I'm after something that is currently someone else's pride and joy as opposed to something that's had the ar*e revved out of it on track days etc. Similarly I don't want to waste my time and anyone elses trawling round the country looking at over-described and consequently over-priced vehicles that are of no interest.

The only colour I won't consider is black; been to see the one at the Honda dealer in north Notts - too plain, too boring.

It must be a UK car, have full documented history, have sensible miles and be at a realistic price. Please don't mis-understand, I'm not out to try to rob anybody blind on the deal - after all you should always in life get what you pay for - it's simply that 'value' should be exactly that - a fair price for the vehicle from both the sellers and the buyers point of view.

All that said, I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Ian

Ian Stuart
08-07-2005, 01:16 PM
OK, OK, before anyone else spots it and gives me grief - I'm clearly new to this as I see I've managed to post this in the 'for sale' section rather than the 'wanted'!

If it is possible, could a moderator move it for me so as I avoid too much abuse.

Thanks in advance.

Ian

BrownBear
08-07-2005, 01:50 PM
Moved - no problem :D

How about this one?
http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=614

Or this one?
http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=643

MR786
19-07-2005, 01:05 PM
I`m fortunately in the same position as Ian, however it seems to be quite difficult to price the few NSXs which come into the market as the price guides rarely seem to be accurate.

Does anyone have a view on pricing for 3.2 manual circa 2000 / 2001? And how big a price difference do the colours make?

Ian Stuart
19-07-2005, 02:12 PM
Hi all,

Unfortunately both the vehicles Brown Bear sent me the links to are out of my price range - one of them not by much - but a little bit makes all the difference. Therefore, I'm still looking.........any one......

Regarding prices - the market seems even more volatile at the moment than ever (although what do I know - I'm no expert). Autotrader is currently carrying an ad placed by Autocentre UK, Kirkby-in-Ashfield, North Notts for a 2001 3.2 with 21k on the clock at £29,990. If this car is UK and all straight and true with proper history it's gotta be the cheapest 2001 3.2 ever. Shame I don't like black ones....

Fingers crossed a different colour will come up soon.

Ian

MR786
19-07-2005, 02:39 PM
I`ve asked about this car already, its a 2000 import that has four owners. Took me a lot of time to get a straight answer from anyone on my questions re. the car as well

BrownBear
19-07-2005, 07:06 PM
Of the 380-400 NSX's in the country, I'd estimate only about 50 were sold between 1998-2002 (probably less, some years they only sold 5-7). Some of these will be Targa's, some will have been crashed etc

So you may only have 30 or so cars in the country from which to choose from, many of which will not be 'ideal'.

When I was looking for a 3.2 earlier this year, I approached it with the 'must be this colour/mileage' etc - If I was in a position to look again, I think I'd settle for a straight one..

I'm not saying you should lower your standards - some cars may just not be for you - it's just that on some of the other boards I visit and on PM's I've received people say they want a specific colour, mileage etc etc and with 30ish cars about that's probably not going to be realistic.

Not trying to flame you, and the exact numbers above may be wrong, but just trying to help you out..

If it's any consolation, the 3.0 isn't that much slower...

HTH, Cheers
Joe

Ian Stuart
20-07-2005, 07:30 AM
No offence taken to any of your post Joe - all good sensible advice.

Regards

Ian

NickB
20-07-2005, 08:52 PM
Hi,

This autumn I will be buying a house for the first time, as a result I have come the decision that I need to sell my 1997 3.2 NSX within the next few months :cry: .

The decision to sell is a very reluctant one as it took me more than 6 months to find the right car!

It has been my pride and joy over the last 10 months that I have owned the car. It has always been used as a weekend car, and has always been garaged.

The car is in excellent condition - key details are as follows:

1997 3.2 Manual Coupe in Imola orange pearl (with black roof).
47,000 miles
3 Owners – including me. The previous owner had the car over 5 years, and before that it was owned by Honda UK.
Alpine MP3/CD 6 disc changer
No Modifications
Never Been involved in any accidents.

As expected the car has a Full Honda Service History. Over the past 5 it has been serviced at Trident Honda. In addition to the stamped service book I have a folder containing all the service invoices, MOT’s, and other miscellenous receipts since leaving Honda UK.

The car was last serviced 800 miles ago (Main ‘F’ service including spark plugs). The air-con compressor was also replaced in June 2005.

The car was inspected by the AA when I purchased it in September 2004. You are of course welcome to have it inspected again (and/or talk to Alan Davis at Trident Honda).

Unusually, the car has a full honda warranty (including Wear & Tear) which was purchased when I brought the car. It has 14 months remaining and is transferrable with the car to a new private owner.

I am looking for £28,500 or a close offer.

If you are interested and want more detailed information and photo’s then pm me or e-mail me at nick@brierleyn.freeserve.co.uk. Alternatively I will be at JAE this this saturday!

Regards,

Nick B

NickB
21-07-2005, 08:14 PM
Hi,

My e-mail notified me of a private message, however I don't appear to have received one!

If anyone did send me one and wants to retry (or e-mail me) then please do!

I will post additional details of my car (including pictures) on the 'for sale' area soon as I appreciate that this is the 'wanted' section of the website.

Many thanks,

Nick