PDA

View Full Version : About time...

NSXGB
29-03-2009, 03:15 PM
Been after some 02 alloys for a while now, finally got some sorted...
Needed some 5mm spacers to clear the hubs as it's an early car but I'm happy with them.
Only a quick phone shot but you get the idea....

EDIT: Spacers are required on earlier cars with smaller standard brakes, to clear the brake caliper and not the hub as all hubs are the same size from '91-'05. I was able to remove my spacers as I have later size brakes.

JP825
29-03-2009, 04:15 PM
looking very nice.... did you manage to get your bonnet? when you going to get a picture of that too:)

NSXGB
29-03-2009, 06:02 PM
looking very nice.... did you manage to get your bonnet? when you going to get a picture of that too:)

Hi Ray, bonnet has arrived...need to arrange for painting...after I've sorted the seats :rolleyes:, hopefully not too long though.

Papalazarou
29-03-2009, 06:50 PM
Awesome, it took me a year to find mine.

Cheers, James

AR
29-03-2009, 07:31 PM
Hi Ray, bonnet has arrived...need to arrange for painting...after I've sorted the seats :rolleyes:, hopefully not too long though.

Did you managed to exchanged them in the end for straight ones?

Car looks great BTW, did you get them from Prime?

Cheers,

Ary

NSXGB
29-03-2009, 07:45 PM
Still waiting for a straight rail!
Wheels were from the UK '03 being broken at the mo.

AR
29-03-2009, 10:44 PM
Still waiting for a straight rail!
Wheels were from the UK '03 being broken at the mo.

If it is the ones I am thinking I hope you got a good deal on them. :)

NSXGB
30-03-2009, 05:53 AM
Probably paid more than I should but I wanted them. Worked out about the same as getting some from the USA. . . But a lot less hassle.

AR
30-03-2009, 01:27 PM
Probably paid more than I should but I wanted them. Worked out about the same as getting some from the USA. . . But a lot less hassle.

As long as you arer happy mate, beats being messed about by unreliable vendors or scammers.

Senninha
30-03-2009, 04:29 PM
Simon,

Nice, I'll interested in f&r photos when you get the chance to see the impact of the spacers on the stance of the car

Regards, Paul

Papalazarou
30-03-2009, 08:00 PM

I think these wheels are only going to get harder to find. I blame the over-hunting of the LBB. Their number have depleted :-( Makes me wonder how many facelift cars are actually left? In the last three or four years I can think of 4 LBB's, a couple of silver cars and a red one that have bitten the dust.
Seriously though, they're great wheels and with the current exchange rates, less than a set of good aftermarket Japanese rims.

I'd like to know who bought the snakeskin seats;-)

Cheers,

James.

Senninha
30-03-2009, 08:55 PM
I'd like to know who bought the snakeskin seats;-).

I was keeping the surprise for Jimfest but seems like you're on to me ;)

NSXGB
30-03-2009, 09:55 PM
I saw the snake skin seats when I picked up the wheels. . . Crazy. Bet they'd sell on prime though.