PDA

View Full Version : NSX in CAR magazine

kowalski
07-07-2005, 07:34 PM
Just got this months issue of CAR, (porsche cayman on cover) and found they had run a good article on the NSX in the back section. Gets a very good write up and gives good advice and info on buying a second hand one. Gives a price listing for second hand cars going back to 1998.

Quotes Honda as selling about 500 NSX since launch in UK.

James Rupperts pearl of wisdom

"Instantly stand out from the 911 crowd by joining an exclusive band who know quality when they see it, and who dont worry about the badge"

enough said, worth buying the magazine!

leigh

Greybloke
07-07-2005, 10:27 PM
In the absence of my new car, I'll invest in a copy for a bit of weekend reading :D

TheQuietOne
08-07-2005, 04:01 PM
Hi,

Thanks, I wouldn't have normally bought this, being an Autocar reader. The car they put in the Best Dealer Car is mine I bought a couple of weeks ago too which is nice :wink: !

Wish I'd had a few extra pennies to stretch to the £42K Longbeach Blue for sale on here and I assume highlighted in the Best PEace of Mind pick though! Went to see the one they have at Avonvale Honda in Stratford last week, what a colour...

Cheers,

Matt.

Paul
15-07-2005, 08:21 PM
James Rupperts pearl of wisdom

"Instantly stand out from the 911 crowd by joining an exclusive band who know quality when they see it, and who dont worry about the badge" Indeed ... I've often heard the comment "it looks a bit like a Ferrari" ... the easist answer I find to give to that remark is that any Ferrari that costs up to twice as much probably wouldn't keep up with an NSX, it would have cost more in the first place and will need more spent on it to keep it on the road.

Bottom line for me is that; a. I've always wanted an NSX since I first saw one, b. I would never buy a car for its badge, c. if I could afford a Ferrari I wouldn't buy one as there isn't one I like enough to own.

The most satisfying thing is that if they persist and suggest that the reason that I don't have a Ferrari is the cost, I am quite happy to point out that the answer to c. is I could if I wanted, but I still made the decision to buy an NSX ... because I could and because I wanted to.

Nick Graves
21-07-2005, 09:29 AM
I have to say, the F430 is the first Ferrari since the 328 that I would consider, if it were affordable.

The NSX made all others seem a bit silly to me. It almost makes financial sense too!

wgmr
28-07-2005, 08:28 PM
interesting, went and read this, all very exclusive, only 500 of us hey?! Well lucky us, I did think though that the idea of getting a half decent manual NSX for uner £20k is unrealistic, or maybe I am hoping that I did not over pay for mine!

Surely a mint low milage old shape car is more along the £25k lines?

Especially in pearl yellow!!