PDA

View Full Version : Autotrader 1991 manual

GiantPete
25-03-2009, 12:14 AM
This car (red/black roof 1991 manual) seems very good value to me if it is in the condition this advert (and photos) makes out, and it looks completely standard.

Anything supect? Or is this the right sort of price for such a car?
Why would the owner not sell privately I wonder?
Can I assume it is a UK supplied car originally?

I would assume the milage figure is not a worry in itself, am I right to think this?

Some of the other car models on the dealers site seem pretty cheap as well.

GiantPete
25-03-2009, 12:16 AM
Midlands Motors:

www.midlandsmotorsbirmingham.co.uk/

At time of this post, the red NSX was first car listed on the 'virtual Showroom' page.

NSXGB
25-03-2009, 08:06 AM
Price a little bit high for an auto, but it is from a dealer. Have a look at the common faults thread on here for bargaining tools to knock that price a bit.

Headlamp washer jets on the front bumper would indicate a UK car.

Mileage.....just about run in....:). Should not be a problem, check for usual wear and tear.

From the photo's it does not look 'concourse' to me - kerbed alloys - wouldn't the dealer take a photo of the best wheel for the ad? Possible colour difference in paintwork, but that could just be the photo.

Previous owner probably sold to dealer to turn it around quicker.

Lankstarr
25-03-2009, 08:12 AM
Price a little bit high for an auto,.

It's a manual, has later wheels (worth £1000 if mint) and has reasonable mileage.

Depending on condition, service history and when the last cambelt and clutch were done I'd say this looks like a good price. check the aircon works and the extent of the paint work and more iimportantly the quality. All NSX this age & mileage will have had paint.

Thanks,

Luke

NSXGB
25-03-2009, 08:54 AM
It's a manual,

Mis-read that, sorry. That makes it a bit better then...

simonprelude
25-03-2009, 11:19 AM
Price seems about right, I'm aways dubious of a car that does not show the number plate.

If I didn't know better I would say that car was Sam's (Ultraviolet) I've just checked and it's still on the long number plate which this one isn't.

Papalazarou
25-03-2009, 04:23 PM
Looks good from the pic, but then so did the S2000 I viewed last week and that was a paint nightmare! If and when you go to view, with regard to bodywork pay special attention to the following:

1. panel fit - should be excellent
2. paint shade, especially bumpers as most will have been sprayed by now and normally they will spray the bonnet and front wings to get the correct match.
3. You can pull the boot lining back to have a look for signs of damage repair
4. If you want to know what's been resprayed and what hasn't, take some auto-Glym resin polish with you and ask whether you can polish a bit of each panel, they'll probably think you're mad, but the red and blue cars have tinted clearcoat so should turn the polishing rag the colour of the car.
5. as Luke said, most cars will undoutably have had some paint. The question is how good the job is; pay special attention to tidemarks down the wings as a sign of dodgy blending.
The paint should be vibrant.
Also, on an early car the roof may have some oxidation and fading. This is easily fixed though.

This forum should have a printable checklist of things to look for really.

anyway, good luck and don't be too critical, it's at least 17 years old with 90K.

Cheers,

James.

NSXGB
25-03-2009, 04:31 PM
This forum should have a printable checklist of things to look for really.

This is a start...

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=3444&highlight=common+faults