PDA

View Full Version : An NSX that thinks its a Scooby ...

Senninha
25-03-2009, 12:12 AM
http://www.carsensor.net/usedcar/detail/CU0003558130/index.html

Just found this whilst surfing the Japanese for sale adds ... I actually quite like this and I dont generally like any blue cars ...

regards,

AR
25-03-2009, 12:48 AM
It looks nice on the inside, but that blue does not really do it for me. Perhaps if it was an 02 plus, but the pop ups and that clour, really age the car.

Silver Surfer
25-03-2009, 10:36 AM
Reminds me of Papa's car

SS

Sudesh
25-03-2009, 11:33 AM
Thats been for sale for a while. I posted pics of it back in September 2008. Same car I just got the interior mixed up.

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=5375

markc
25-03-2009, 12:23 PM
... I actually quite like this and I dont generally like any blue cars ...

So is that Monte Carlo Blue or the seemingly ubiquitous (for 02+ cars) Long Beach Blue? MCB is a bit darker than LBB but you can't really tell from those pics.

I like it but personally would prefer the Phoenix blue that, along with the fabulous Imola Orange Pearl ;) , the original Type S press cars and those featured in the JDM brochure came in.

That owner has tried to keep the original Type S style wheels while upgrading to a 17/18 combo. I believe they're BBS LM's. I'm not a fan of the bolted rim on that style myself, I prefer the BBS RG-R.

Cheers

Mark

Papalazarou
25-03-2009, 04:07 PM
Looks like Monte Carlo to me, although it's hard to tell from a photo. I like the wheels but I'm not so sure about painting the rims gold. I'm also thinking that you'd get paint flake after a couple of years due to the two parts flexing.

In truth, aftermarket wheels are a nightmare on the NSX. Most look shocking even with the best intentions. all those horrendous 18/19 combos on Prime with the smoke chrome lips.
There's a very fine line between class and chav and most of these wheels should come with white pumas, nipple rings and McDonalds vouchers.

IMO the only ones that really work are the oem 16/17s and the facelift wheels and even then you can't really mess around with the colours too much, Senninhas car aside, the gey on grey looks awesome.

Cheers,

James.

AR
25-03-2009, 04:27 PM
I just think that with the earlier pop ups only a few types of wheels work well. I cant stand people replacing OEM wheels with non performance wheels on a performance car. Quite often one can see that with some cars where the owners have gone for 18" and then got budget tyres.

Papalazarou
25-03-2009, 04:52 PM
I just think that with the earlier pop ups only a few types of wheels work well. I cant stand people replacing OEM wheels with non performance wheels on a performance car. Quite often one can see that with some cars where the owners have gone for 18" and then got budget tyres.

Very often the wheels are budget also;-)

Cheers,

James.

amo
25-03-2009, 06:28 PM
ya but you are very old OLD MANNNNNNNNN now go and get your zimmer lol

thx amo

[QUOTE=Papalazarou;55937]Looks like Monte Carlo to me, although it's hard to tell from a photo. I like the wheels but I'm not so sure about painting the rims gold. I'm also thinking that you'd get paint flake after a couple of years due to the two parts flexing.

In truth, aftermarket wheels are a nightmare on the NSX. Most look shocking even with the best intentions. all those horrendous 18/19 combos on Prime with the smoke chrome lips.
There's a very fine line between class and chav and most of these wheels should come with white pumas, nipple rings and McDonalds vouchers.

IMO the only ones that really work are the oem 16/17s and the facelift wheels and even then you can't really mess around with the colours too much, Senninhas car aside, the gey on grey looks awesome.

Cheers,

TheSebringOne
25-03-2009, 10:40 PM
Its a rare colour on a pop up, nice colour, but not sure if it suits the car? Maybe I'm used to LLB on NA02+ models?

I believe you should spend decent money on light alloys & performance orientated tyres on a true sports car. Most people who buy cheap wheels and/or tyres, are normally doing it for bling on the cheap.