PDA

View Full Version : Just can' sell it!!

Steve
19-03-2009, 12:59 PM
Due to lack of use I was selling my lovely NSX. Somebody came to see it a couple of Saturdays ago. The sun was out and it was a lovely warm day, the roof was off and while we were both walking round it, talking of the virtues of the car, ownership etc... I decided I just could not sell it, I am not desperate for the £££ I have somewhere to keep it, apart from Mot, tax and £350 insurance. It is not that expensive to own even if I only do 100 miles a year, it's a fantastic 100 miles a year. So I am back in love with my car.
happy motoring to all.

donnac
19-03-2009, 02:58 PM
:) Good choice mate. I almost bought a 355 last year as they had come down in price and decided not to as the NSX has everything.

AR
19-03-2009, 03:35 PM
:) Good choice mate. I almost bought a 355 last year as they had come down in price and decided not to as the NSX has everything.

But oh the sound of the F355 mmm!

mutley
19-03-2009, 04:14 PM
............... I decided I just could not sell it...................... happy motoring to all.

So you are available for Japfest then? Still space left, Pm Me for details

Jim

Senninha
19-03-2009, 05:24 PM
SO you'll be the second owner in as many weeks to decide not to sell .... the NSX really does seem to earn your loyalty and as James found out, its also very difficult to replace!

See you at the Japfest, and why not Siverstone and you could double your mileage this year ;)

regards

Steve
20-03-2009, 12:24 AM
SO you'll be the second owner in as many weeks to decide not to sell .... the NSX really does seem to earn your loyalty and as James found out, its also very difficult to replace!

See you at the Japfest, and why not Siverstone and you could double your mileage this year ;)

regards
Unfortunatley I am in Norway when Japfest is on, but I will try for silverstone.

TheSebringOne
20-03-2009, 01:27 AM
Steve, I congratulate you on keeping the NSX! Now that Springs arrived, you will appreciate why you made this choice. Happy motoring. :)

Ary, the sound of a 355 is legendary, but they do rust!

Papalazarou
20-03-2009, 12:45 PM
It is definately an impossible car to replace. I took mine for a hasty spin down to North Devon last night to view a car that I will hopefully use on track. I had 60 miles of empty grade A coast road to myself. By the time I turned up I was totally shot from the experience of keeping it nailed for so long. The car just felt so fluent and balanced.
Now I'm not knocking other stuff but IMO there is nothing that offers the same allround package as the NSX for anywhere near the same money.

When you consider;

performance
looks
depreciation
sound
dynamics
exclusivity
build quality
reliability
running costs
etc......

The way I finally rationalised it was that despite pretty reasonable trade in offers and a couple of serious potential buyers, I couldn't let it go. Also for less money than an 03 GT3 I get to keep the NSX and have a track car.

Cheers,

James.

P.s, when I was trying to get a trade in on the NSX some of the dealers tried to get trade out values for my car. Unfortunately Glasses guide value NSX's very low so some of the offers I got were pretty offensive.
Anyway, I sent them an email which outlined my unhappiness with their valuation. Now looking at their March book, I notice the NSX has increased in value by £6K!! Who said democracy was dead.

Senninha
20-03-2009, 12:54 PM
Unfortunately Glasses guide value NSX's very low so some of the offers I got were pretty offensive.
Anyway, I sent them an email which outlined my unhappiness with their valuation. Now looking at their March book, I notice the NSX has increased in value by £6K!! Who said democracy was dead.

Well done you and well done them for listening.

I spoke to Matt the other day re the track car. I had one of those before the NSX so if you want to chat it through, give me a call

regards, Paul

goldnsx
20-03-2009, 05:10 PM
Ary, the sound of a 355 is legendary, but they do rust!

Even then rust is only a minor problem on a 355. :)
Sometimes I catch myself adapting the quality of the NSX to other nice car I thought about replacing for the NSX. But please remind: A 355 may have a nice sound but the rest is far from being ceteris paribus with the NSX! ;) Over the years you'll be wondering about things breaking down that would never break in an older NSX. It's not that the NSX needs no maintainance or parts being fixed BUT the repairs are much more predictable.

Or a mad analogy: Would you marry a woman who is not very predictable, jumping from one bed to the other? Ok, women are per se not very predictable. :D

How did the potential buyer react?

TheSebringOne
20-03-2009, 10:20 PM
Papa, well done on persuading Glasses Guide to be more realistic with the valuation of our P & Js :thumbsup:

GOLDNSX, your comment is so true about women :D