PDA

View Full Version : Good Exhaust Guide

nationofzeros
15-03-2009, 08:14 PM
Just a quick note to say that my trusty NA1 NSX -R is back on the highways & byways of N Lincolnshire after an extended period of absence ,and now benefits from the combination of a pair of RANDOM TECHNOLOGIES hi - flow lightweight cats coupled to a TAITEC GT-006 back box.

This has the primary 'advantage' of being legal, in stark contrast to the previous bespoke straight through setup which has now found a new home with Mutley, but I have to say that it makes a fine (but slightly more bearable) old racket nevertheless, best described as a hollow metallic moaning / wailing tone, with the moaning on display at low revs / wide throttle settings, and the wailing kicking in as the revs go VTEC-ballistic.

Highly recommended ! (The cats were courtesy of SoS and went straight on without the need for any angle grinder style antics etc - gorgeous engineering and surprisingly cheap)

(Incidentally re the LARINI thread ; I have had one on another car for 2 years now - absolutely excellent piece of kit)

Chris

TheSebringOne
16-03-2009, 12:18 AM
Have you any pics? I assume the decibel readings are alot more compliant since I've been lucky enough to hear the rather loud, but gorgeous old exhaust notes when Bazza (Barry) had the car! Was'nt this a TAITEC too? Enjoy it Mutley! :D

We drove in convoy to JapFest 2007 & I was also a passenger in Yorkshire! I wish I took up the opportunity to take her for a spin when Barry offered :(

nationofzeros
16-03-2009, 09:17 PM
The old exhaust certainly produced a lot of noise - effectively that of the operations of each cylinder, pretty much unimpeded by anything in between...in fact it was a bespoke AR engineered special modelled on one of the more extreme GruppeM designs as I understand it. Great piece of kit but after being followed closely by the boys in blue for 10 miles on the way back from the NEC Classic last year, it had to go to a pre-cat home !

AR
16-03-2009, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the kind words Chris. I designed a new system that takes cats, but sadly due to an influx of cheap systems I decided not to market it. I have a Gruppe M on the car at the moment and is my favourite one. As for the boys in blue...

http://i13.tinypic.com/544aovc.jpg

AR
16-03-2009, 10:47 PM
I forgot Chris I am happy you got the car back on the road finally!!!