PDA

View Full Version : How Grim will it get?

Boomin33
09-03-2009, 06:07 PM
Just came back from a stag weekend in Edinburgh...

Principles Clothing store closed, See Saw ( ladies lingerie shop :D err closed:( )
all since friday a.m. I'm completely flanked by closed stores now.

wokingham is going to look like a retail ghost town if this keeps up - seen about 6 victims since woolworths. makes you wonder how long before it will all filter down to my... can i get an optimistic drum roll..... "recruitment company"... ugh

TheSebringOne
09-03-2009, 08:33 PM
I think we all feel the same about how desperate things are getting! Retail like spending habits will probably change forever. I hope the recruitment sector improves. Thank god the BOE is printing more money! :eek:

TheQuietOne
09-03-2009, 09:38 PM

Principles Clothing store closed, See Saw ( ladies lingerie shop :D err closed:( )

wokingham is going to look like a retail ghost town if this keeps up - seen about 6 victims since woolworths. makes you wonder how long before it will all filter down to my... can i get an optimistic drum roll..... "recruitment company"... ugh

On a positive note, how was Edinburgh for a stag do? It is probably my favourite city in the world (not that I've been to many really), and was pondering it for the venue of my stag do in a couple of months!

All I can say regarding your post, it is tough, and it will remain tough. From conversations we've had in the past I think you will be OK - just make sure your staff are working 110%, if not get rid and work harder yourself. The aim of this year for a lot of us will to keep our businesses afloat! You're not alone Rob...:D

TheSebringOne
09-03-2009, 10:21 PM
Matt, your stag do!? Congratualtions pal, you kept that quiet. :)

AR
09-03-2009, 10:30 PM
just make sure your staff are working 110%, if not get rid and work harder yourself.

Matt have you been hanging out on prime! :)

mutley
09-03-2009, 10:50 PM
Hi Boomin,

you should have said, am home this weekend and I could have been your private Satg Tour Guide, Edinburgh is my home town, and I know many a place to go, and Yes it is possible to drink 24hrs here (if you can last that long)

Jim

TheQuietOne
09-03-2009, 10:50 PM
Matt have you been hanging out on prime! :)

No, but I have been working 70 hour weeks for about 2 years trying to hang in there mate...:D

I always hate the 110% thing, sorry!

TheQuietOne
09-03-2009, 10:51 PM
Matt, your stag do!? Congratualtions pal, you kept that quiet. :)

Thanks, getting married August 22nd this year, so not long now...:eek:

Sudesh
09-03-2009, 11:56 PM

Well with the way things are going in N.I over the past few days; Stores/Businesses closing down would be good, compared to the 3 killings of 2 soldiers and a just tonight a police officer was shot dead.

With the recession being what it is and bringing some hard times, all we need is to see something more escelating from this. I just hope it doesnt return to the days of the troubles:(

NoelWatson
10-03-2009, 08:15 AM
Thank god the BOE is printing more money! :eek:

Is this a good idea?

gsuds
10-03-2009, 03:40 PM
On a positive note, how was Edinburgh for a stag do? It is probably my favourite city in the world (not that I've been to many really), and was pondering it for the venue of my stag do in a couple of months!

Edinburgh is the World capital of stag / hen do's. :laugh:

Graham

mart155
10-03-2009, 04:30 PM
Congratulations Matt.
Dublin is a brilliant place to go too, esp if you like the Guinness :D

TheSebringOne
10-03-2009, 06:55 PM
NO, It will devalue Sterling even more against all major currencies, but in the short term, it should increase lending, more liquidity & spending. This can't go on long term, look at Zimbabwe.

Boomin33
10-03-2009, 10:48 PM

It was great. friendly people and the cost was more reasonable than a few Euro zone 'lads' weekends I've been to in the last 6 months.

Walkabout bar was good for watching football games during the day - gave us a 25% discount card, 7 beers = £18...(don't try that in Dublin!) so got our vote.