PDA

View Full Version : The Thread of Shame

TheQuietOne
08-03-2009, 03:39 PM
OK so here resides the thread of shame for those of you who don't drive their cars enough, to hang your collective heads in shame. Those of us who do drive our cars regularly will throw rotten tomatoes at you!

The more splats you get the more you have to pay in subs next year:D. You can only throw a SPLAT if you have driven your car more than 3,000 miles in the last 12 months! I will keep the most 'splatted' at the top of the list so keep splatting chaps!

1. TheSebringOne - 3.2 Coupe, 3,500 MILES IN 3.5 YEARS - SERIAL OFFENDER!! SPLAT (TQO) SPLAT (Senninha) SPLAT (Papalazarou)
2. Markc - 3.2 Type-S, LESS THAN 1,000 MILES IN THE LAST 12 MONTHS!! SPLAT (TQO)

TheSebringOne
08-03-2009, 03:46 PM
I love tomatoes TQO, keep em coming so as long as they are fresh! :D

Just checked my file, its actually 6K in 4.5 years! Hope this moves me away from the number 2 spot! :embarassed:

Senninha
08-03-2009, 04:54 PM
Just checked my file, its actually 6K in 4.5 years! Hope this moves me away from the number 2 spot! :embarassed:

On a serious note James, if you dont start using that car you it will be costing you many ££ per mile due to deteriation and siezures and the need (I hope you do and document this) to change oil/filter very reegularly.

Doing a 20 mile trip is NOT a run, you need as Kevin said in the other thread, to so a 200 mile trip ... this IS a run.

Consider yourself splatted! SPLAT - Senninha

I'm not going to splat MArk at this time as he documented his great euro drive in the previous year.

regards, Paul

TheSebringOne
09-03-2009, 01:19 AM
I know I have to use the car more. Had car serviced by HUK in late December (oil & coolant), so the car is ready for when the weather improves & especially now near Spring. When I go out I let her warm up properly, put air con on, test the controls & use the ABS everytime to stop seizure etc.

Splat victim :D

markc
09-03-2009, 04:30 AM
I'm not going to splat MArk at this time as he documented his great euro drive in the previous year.

Yes, I seem to do either really BIG trips or none at all! I might be able squeeze in my planned Route Grandes Alpes trip this year in which case it'll be a >2K miles year :)

I'm away with work in the US at the moment (hence the apparent early morning posts) and therefore can't check my MOT's so it may not be as bad as <1K... but it probably is so I deserve much SPLATTING anyway :(

Even worse I don't service the car religiously! Personally I don't believe a car needs annual servicing regardless of mileage. Maybe for people who don't have a clue about cars but for anyone with any mechanical knowledge and sympathy, who will sense and feel when something's wrong and not continue to drive thereby causeing serious (expensive) damage, the basics are fine. Heresy round these parts I know but there it is. I change the oil and filter at the start of each year and look/listen/feel for any other issues as I use it (or don't use it ;) ) A general once over, brake pad check and a fluid bleed through before a track day also does the trick. Don't worry I won't be skipping the cam belt change but that's not due for another 2-3yrs.

BUT if I drive the NSX the poor old CX (Citroen), which I took to the Le Mans Classic last year, will go without... and that REALLY will seize up and die :) (no bad thing I hear you all cry)

Cheers

Mark

Boomin33
09-03-2009, 06:01 PM
[quote=TheQuietOne;55322]OK so here resides the thread of shame for those of you who don't drive their cars enough, to hang your collective heads in shame. Those of us who do drive our cars regularly will throw rotten tomatoes at you!

The more splats you get the more you have to pay in subs next year:D. You can only throw a SPLAT if you have driven your car more than 3,000 miles in the last 12 months! I will keep the most 'splatted' at the top of the list so keep splatting chaps!

1. TheSebringOne - 3.2 Coupe, 3,500 MILES IN 3.5 YEARS - SERIAL OFFENDER!! SPLAT (TQO) SPLAT (Senninha) SPLAT (Papalazarou)
2. Markc - 3.2 Type-S, LESS THAN 1,000 MILES IN THE LAST 12 MONTHS!! SPLAT (TQO)
3. Boomin - 3.2 Targa, Less than 500 miles since last summer.. under sheets in the garage with the occassional trickle charge..

TheSebringOne
09-03-2009, 08:27 PM
Is this real democracy in action!? PLEASE TAKE NOTE any future splatters, I have covered 6000 miles in 4.5 years and not 3500m! Mercy please! :(:yes:

NB. Can I splat Boomin33?

TheQuietOne
09-03-2009, 09:41 PM
Is this real democracy in action!? PLEASE TAKE NOTE any future splatters, I have covered 6000 miles in 4.5 years and not 3500m! Mercy please! :(:yes:

NB. Can I splat Boomin33? NO

Last time I checked 6,000/4.5 = 1,333.33 avg p/a so do you think that saves you....? :no::D

mutley
09-03-2009, 10:47 PM
Last time I checked 6,000/4.5 = 1,333.33 avg p/a so do you think that saves you....? :no::D

How do you splat??

TheQuietOne
09-03-2009, 10:49 PM
You just SPLAT Jim....change the font colour and make it bold in the menu!!

Why do you need to go on the list? :D

mutley
09-03-2009, 10:53 PM
You just SPLAT Jim....change the font colour and make it bold in the menu!!

Why do you need to go on the list? :D

I certtainly DO NOT, you know how far I travel in my NSX, think the first Japfest!!!
I just feel like handing out some splats

Sudesh
09-03-2009, 11:48 PM
http://disappearednews.com/images/splat.gif

http://www.super-smileys.com/images/smileys/1021.gif (http://www.super-smileys.com)

TheSebringOne
10-03-2009, 10:54 PM
I like a honest DIY splatter! Very decent of you Sudesh! :D

Clive
16-03-2009, 05:55 PM
I'm (not) surprised nobody remembered my car. I must be first. The car's proudly done 9800 miles in 13 years. I've done 2500 since Apr 05. Always worried about it falling to bits but keep it a heated garage so the only thing that might go is ABS and air con. It won't go through rusty brakes. Anyway I have spare brand new callipers. I do start it every 2-3 weeks enough to allow the air con to work. it does need topping up though. and I do keep the ALB fluid ultra clean. So, hopefully it won't fail on me.

Excuses for such miserly mileage. Seven motorbikes and a LCC Rocket. In this company, the NSX is almost the daily driver, but an old Galant gets that job. Also, the roads around here (I have a 2 mile single track to get to the real world) are muddy as hell from Oct-Apr.

I now feel ready to be splatted!

markc
16-03-2009, 06:44 PM
Excuses for such miserly mileage. Seven motorbikes and a LCC Rocket.

You have an LCC Rocket!!! Oooohh suits me sir :cool:

My ZZR powered Westfield is some way from completion so that's no excuse for me but a Rocket would reduce my NSX mileage even further.

Here's a SPLAT for you all the same.

Mark

BabyG
16-03-2009, 06:44 PM
Mwah ha ha - do I get half a dozen splats to hand out? I've just about earned one this year already :cool:

TheSebringOne
16-03-2009, 11:03 PM
SPLAT Clive & SPLAT BabyG !! The pleasure is all mine! :laugh:

I don't have any fancy Rocket or Westfield, but how about a X1/9 & V6 GTV !! I still can't believe the X1/9 was one the cars that the designers of the NSX used! Only 85bhp less 20 years of horses lost! :proud:

AR
16-03-2009, 11:46 PM
Well I cover less than 3K in the NSX but more than 30K in the Amazon, now have a little FB to play with as well!

QuietJim
19-03-2009, 11:43 AM
Well my odometer's stuck, so according to the documentation I've done zero miles in the past three years ...

Kevin
20-03-2009, 05:23 PM
I have done 27000 miles in 10 years.

But then my miles are usually harder than most others, do I count?

TheSebringOne
20-03-2009, 10:08 PM
Anyone brave enough to SPLAT the Forumadmin! :D :cantlook:

markdas
21-03-2009, 09:42 AM
Just to myself splat free.....we are not long back from a great 1600 mile road trip from Aberdeenshire, Nottingham, Devon, Cornwall and back over 5 days......faultless! And splat proof now for a while!

Dave W
21-03-2009, 10:59 AM
12,000 in 8 years.shamefull

sassthathoopie
26-03-2009, 01:08 AM
11,000 in 8 months... :unsure: I guess I just like driving it too much!

NoelWatson
26-03-2009, 09:13 AM
Just looked at MOT certificates - have done 12000 miles in 2 years (less in the last year due to baby) - car is now coming up to 50k miles which I guess is high for a 2004