PDA

View Full Version : OEM parts deals

Senninha
07-03-2009, 11:22 PM
Anyone else been watching this Acura dealer pricing on Prime?

A few very well priced deals like this for example

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118950

Just wondering if there is enough service interest here whether this could be worth a GB punt? I've not posed the question, thought I'd check out interest here first.

regards, Paul

TheSebringOne
08-03-2009, 12:34 AM
Great find Paul! Looks a good idea, but need to check if he do GBs and ship abroad to sunny UK? I wonder with the experience of Dali, maybe we should hang fire until our American cousins had some experience with them first?

NSXGB
08-03-2009, 10:01 AM
I saw them and asked for a price on a 3.0 clutch to gauge how good their prices are.

The clutch inc. TOB was $1172.83 + $500 shipping. Not bad for the clutch but the shipping is not so palatable....

simonprelude
08-03-2009, 10:35 AM
The clutch inc. TOB was $1172.83 + $500 shipping. Not bad for the clutch but the shipping is not so palatable....

Hence group buys to share the shipping and hopefully use B2B which is a lot cheaper.

NSXGB
08-03-2009, 11:20 AM
Hence group buys to share the shipping and hopefully use B2B which is a lot cheaper.

Oh yes, agreed, just posting my findings....

TheQuietOne
08-03-2009, 12:20 PM
Chaps,

I could have the people we just used to rescue Paul's wheels quote for collecting if they were able to give us the weight of an example order, a few clutches, and brakes etc?

I'm happy to handle all the shipping and provide the B2B address if someone wants to look into this a bit further? Does anyone know which dealer Dali gets his parts from out of interest?

Cheers,

Matt.

goldnsx
08-03-2009, 03:35 PM
That's quite a new supplier on the forum like many of them appeared on prime recently (with the economy going south). I deal with another supplier and it's not the highly recommended supplier like Ray Laks Acura how does ship to anywhere on the world and has a good reputation for years. My OEM part supplier has been perfect for the last 18 months with over EUR 10k in parts. All you have to forget about is warranty but at the prices you can buy a second part even if the first part delivered is defective (which has never been) and are about even to the prices here.

The DALI experience showed that it's not worth to find the lowest prices. Service at a reasonable price is well worth it. The price is only one dimension. ;)