PDA

View Full Version : AEM EMS for NA1.

NSXGB
16-02-2009, 10:48 PM
Not much info on here and trawled some stuff on Prime....looking for some info on AEM EMS for the NA1 please.

Basically, assuming I/H/E are taken care of and you have someone to tune it, are there any figures or dyno results or other info available to give a guestimate of expected gains?
I know it's a 'how long's a piece of string' type question, I'm just trying to get some info together to help decide whether spending £1k is going to be worthwhile. If it's going to be a 5whp gain, probably not, 20whp...probably??
Or are the benefits better power delivery and running with the benefit of programable TCS?

Or maybe better left to the FI guys?

ctrlaltdelboy
17-02-2009, 08:47 AM
theres a lot of very good info on the AEM forums here (http://forum.aempower.com/forum/index.php?board=40.0) - this link takes you straight to 'our' section, we've been chucked together with the S2000 boys although the 2 cars use different units, so you'll need to filter our the irrelevant threads when trawling for nuggets

good luck, and maybe you can help me when I finally get around to installing mine!

AR
17-02-2009, 10:45 AM
Simon,

Don't forget that you will also need to hire a rolling road for a few hours and a "good" tuner. So that £ 1000.00 could easily move to £ 1500.00.

having an AEM then if will make sense to get a few extra gauges, just in case and next thing you know £2K is looming it's ugly head.

Just my two pennies.

AR

NSXGB
17-02-2009, 11:08 AM
That already has quite a few hours factored in for RR tuning with a very clever chap I've known years, he's not set up an NSX before but has contacts in Japan which may come in useful for maps maybe.
What other gauges are you thinking of?

Cheers for the link Darren, I'll take a look.

AR
17-02-2009, 11:41 AM
That already has quite a few hours factored in for RR tuning with a very clever chap I've known years, he's not set up an NSX before but has contacts in Japan which may come in useful for maps maybe.
What other gauges are you thinking of?

Cheers for the link Darren, I'll take a look.

If I was doing it I'll want to add oil temp, fuel pressure and AF.

That sounds like a nice deal, but therein lies the problem, it might be good if you know the tuner but not good for those of us who need to fork out full whack for it.

amo
17-02-2009, 12:08 PM
personally i think it would be worth it if you going for alot more power
20 or even 30 not enough for me to spend 1k ++

thx amo

AR
17-02-2009, 12:37 PM
personally i think it would be worth it if you going for alot more power
20 or even 30 not enough for me to spend 1k ++

thx amo

I don't think it will get you an extra 20 on it's own. Add headers, Intake and exhaust plus EMS and you are spending 4K easily unless you make compromises, or are lucky.

NSXGB
17-02-2009, 07:17 PM
AR, I've not priced mates rates, just found the EMS box at a reasonable price. RR rates, at £50-60 \ hour should be about right.

I already have the I\H\E done.

AR
17-02-2009, 07:42 PM
Where is that rolling road, I must have called the wrong place. :)

Seriously I would be interested to know how it works out as it is something that I am planning for future upgrades.

Don't forget that AEM have released the slim chassis version of their EMS and a lot of people are either updating theirs or dealers trying to shift them.

Cheers,

AR

NSXGB
17-02-2009, 11:02 PM
Where is that rolling road, I must have called the wrong place. :)

....I'm just hoping he'll get it done in half an hour....:)

Seriously I would be interested to know how it works out as it is something that I am planning for future upgrades.

...me too, I just did not want to be tha guinea pig....

Don't forget that AEM have released the slim chassis version of their EMS and a lot of people are either updating theirs or dealers trying to shift them.

Cheers,

AR

That was the first question I asked, and made use of a handy picture from the SOS web site to clarify...Definitely Version 2, the slimline one with programable TCS. I was thinking that was why they were cheap. Version 2 has been out a year now.

simonprelude
18-02-2009, 12:28 AM
SOS have a limited number of the version 2's at a great price, when they're gone they're gone. Shame it won't work with OBD2 :(

If I were to somehow do this then I would use Mase (www.masetuning.com) as he now has an NSX himself.

NSXGB
22-02-2009, 01:58 PM
They are $1695 on the SOS site...are they doing a better price elsewhere then? I have found them for just over the $1k delivered o the UK.