PDA

View Full Version : Honda badge, ebay or dealer?

Dave J
16-02-2009, 09:54 PM
My H badge on the front bumper is looking shabby, any decent sellers on ebay or should i go direct to a Honda dealer?
Dave.

AR
16-02-2009, 11:52 PM
Dave most ebay ones are a bit crappy I will say go with the dealers, but last time I was there it was 20 quid or so!

Dave J
17-02-2009, 07:40 AM
Thanks for that Ary, i've already spent around £2400 on 'gifts' so another £20 won't do any more harm :rolleyes:. I can't believe how much you can easily spend on these cars, it's taken me back to my youth were i'd happily spend a weeks wages on a Magnex exhaust for my XR3i...........god, that was over 20 years ago :laugh:
Dave.

Senninha
17-02-2009, 07:45 AM
Hi Dave,

As you've already found out, it's possible to spend a good few ££ on an NSX if you decide to update or modify even only a few items. Unless you're unlucky this will far outrun any routine maintenance costs for the car.

My only comment is to spend it wisely and on quality items. As Ary suggests, most ebay copies are just that, cheap copies that dont really belong on your NSX.

regards, Paul

WhyOne?
17-02-2009, 08:57 AM
I agree with the wise comments above, however, with care it is possible to buy good quality items on ebay.

I wasn't happy with the nose 'H' badge on Y1 (to my eye, the background colour didn't match the car colour perfectly) so I bought a 'skeleton' 'H' badge from ebay. It was listed as Honda OEM and pictured in a Honda parts bag. Badge is a perfect fit and has sat happily on the car for the last 2.5 years.

Total cost incl. P&P was about £3.50!

Sudesh
18-02-2009, 12:04 AM
The ebay badges are rubbish in my opinion. I bought one and didnt even put it on as it looked terrible and was a poor finish.

So I bought one from Honda, big difference in quality and finsh. But Its more than £20! From memory it's around £55.00 with VAT.