PDA

View Full Version : ALB fluid change

britlude
15-02-2009, 05:38 PM
hi all, today i gave my ABS a birthday, changed the anti lock brake fluid and exercising the solenoids! I used the instructions on the danoland site, without using the approved honda tool, and hopefully now not having the abs pump cycling so much!

http://www.danoland.com/nsxgarage/brakes/abs/abs.htm

instead if the honda tool, i used a long length of tube and a cranked 12 point ring spanner. it was an old, slightly smaller spanner that was filed to suit the square bleed nipple. just bear in mind that the fluid behind the bleed nipple is under pressure in it's 'standby' state, so be careful!

Anyhoo, fluid turkey-baster'd out, new fluid in the reservoir, bleed/cycle the abs pressure side, refill reservoir, cycle the solenoids a few times, hook it all back up, drive a bit to activate the abs pump, stop, refill reservoir, repeat 'til fluid levels stabilise, all done!!! hurrah!!!

next stop might be a strip and grease-up of the abs pump as it sounds even worse when i'm under the bonnet with it going, than it does when i'm in the car......

no wonder i get odd looks when it's clattering away to itself!!!

NSXGB
15-02-2009, 07:57 PM
no wonder i get odd looks when it's clattering away to itself!!!

....always at the most inoppertune moment...

Need to do this myself, make sure you take some pictures when you service your ABS pump please....:)