PDA

View Full Version : Brake pads NA1 or NA2

Lankstarr
14-02-2009, 12:34 PM
I bought some front pads about a year ago and now I'm not sure if they're NA1 or NA2 pads.

The code is missing the last letter - can anyone tell which car they're for from the remaining details?

If they're NA1 I don;t need them so they'll be up for grabs. I also have a complete set of second hand NA1 disc which I'll dig out and list... can't remember how much wear they have.

Thanks,

Luke

simonprelude
14-02-2009, 12:36 PM
I thought pads were the same for all years ??

Lankstarr
14-02-2009, 03:23 PM
Maybe they are... hopefuilly they are!

I don't want to get someone to fit the wrong ones and ppay for labour only to have to have everything put back together again.

L*

Senninha
14-02-2009, 03:28 PM
Maybe they are... hopefuilly they are!

I don't want to get someone to fit the wrong ones and ppay for labour only to have to have everything put back together again.

L*

Luke,

It takes longer, to jack it up and take the wheels off than to change the pads, so why not drop one out for comparison?

They're probably for a Legend anyway :laugh:

nigel
14-02-2009, 03:54 PM
Luke, you should be able to go to the NISSIN web site and follow the number you have and hopefully get your answer.
They DO make the brake systems for the NSX but i'm not sure about the individual bits.
I've been there to sort out callipers and bracketry.

Cheers
nigel

Kevin
14-02-2009, 05:06 PM
The pads are the same size. Hell they're even the same size for Civics, Accords and everything else.

They change the compounds slightly, so the NSX pads are harder than the others.

Kaz-kzukNA1
14-02-2009, 07:32 PM
Hi, Luke and all.

Most of the aftermarket brake pads are designed for both the early (before NA2) and the latest (since the introduction of NA2) brake design of NSX. I didn't use the word NA1 and NA2 on purposely. Your pad is from Nissin so you can use it on both the early and latest brake design of NSX.

The size and design of OEM Honda brake pads were chagned when NA2 was introduced. If you overlay them, you'll notice the difference but it's only a few mm difference. You can still fit it to both brake design.

I used to test original GP Pad (the 1st red one) designed for the early model of NSX and used it on 2002 Type-R callipers as well.

Regards,
Kaz

Lankstarr
16-02-2009, 08:01 AM
Thanks Kaz:)

Paul - it says NSX on the box you cheeky :eek:

L*