PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Fibre radio delete dash

duncan
13-02-2009, 10:26 PM
Assuming the link below works, a lift from Prime of a link to a seller of carbon fibre dash with stero delete. I've no contact with with the seller or idea whether the product fits, works or whatever.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Full-Carbon-Centre-Console-Honda-NSX-NSX-R-stereo-acura_W0QQitemZ170283156221QQihZ007QQcategoryZ3369 5QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

AR
13-02-2009, 10:33 PM
I've seen the same one here and from HK too. That one on Ebay is cheaper, but might be the same.

http://www.revozport.com/revozportRT.htm

perhaps we should get a group pf 5 or ten and ask any of the parts sellers/resellers if they would consider a limited run?

I will be down for one but would not want to pay Silly money for it.

Senninha
14-02-2009, 12:13 AM
Or you could ask Leigh (Kowalski) where he got his as it looks similar and of course you can ask him about fitment / service etc

AR
14-02-2009, 01:58 AM
I made the mistake of getting one of Dali's ones, the quality was not on par with his Hi-Q and fitment was not the best, hence why it was recycled at the tip along with Scorp965 POS lights. :)

NSXGB
14-02-2009, 09:27 AM
... AR I wish you had told me about the Dali (shouldn't that word be ****'d out now?!) one before I got hold of one....

I got my Dali one fitted but it was not great quality out of the box, needed a lot of prep and if you look at it and the two in the links above there are no slots for the asprator fan. I had to cut these and fibre glass a mount for the fan. Also the studs to mount the gear stick gaiter were, (apart from being broken off), in the wrong place and had to be fixed differently.

Now it's in it needs a bit more adjustment but should be ok.

If there were 15 people interested we could have got them made by SOS, which look geat quality as they are injection moulded. I did post this before. :rolleyes:

My effort, remember, not quite finished yet.

Lankstarr
14-02-2009, 12:21 PM
Is there any where we can get clocks with a different colour led - the red looks so old! Maybe a different colour filter could be fitted or just osmething to go in place of the clock?

I've got a Dali cf one, not out of the wrapper yet but I'll heed the warnings before getting it fitted if I ever get around to putting a new stereo in.

L*

mutley
14-02-2009, 12:55 PM
... AR I wish you had told me about the Dali (shouldn't that word be ****'d out now?!) one before I got hold of one....

I got my Dali one fitted but it was not great quality out of the box, needed a lot of prep and if you look at it and the two in the links above there are no slots for the asprator fan. I had to cut these and fibre glass a mount for the fan. Also the studs to mount the gear stick gaiter were, (apart from being broken off), in the wrong place and had to be fixed differently.

Now it's in it needs a bit more adjustment but should be ok.

If there were 15 people interested we could have got them made by SOS, which look geat quality as they are injection moulded. I did post this before. :rolleyes:

My effort, remember, not quite finished yet.

Yeah I'll second that,I got a dali one too and I know what you mean about the studs to fit the gear gator, and the poor fitment. Had I known that I wouldn't have bothered either.

Jim

NSXGB
14-02-2009, 02:34 PM
Is there any where we can get clocks with a different colour led - the red looks so old! Maybe a different colour filter could be fitted or just osmething to go in place of the clock?

I've got a Dali cf one, not out of the wrapper yet but I'll heed the warnings before getting it fitted if I ever get around to putting a new stereo in.

L*

I think I read somewhere that there is an amber film used to give that look and it's possible to peel this off to reveal it's natural colour which is blue?

In the dash pod there is an amber film used above the clocks, so it's possible that a different colour could be substituted.

I'll ook on Prime to see if I can find the posts.

Regarding your cf console, I think AR points out that the cf version is much better quality than the frp ones that the thief offers...:)

AR
14-02-2009, 03:10 PM
Regarding your cf console, I think AR points out that the cf version is much better quality than the frp ones that the thief offers...:)

Negative, he use to offer two types, the crappy one we all had and the Hi Q.

I enquired about the Hi Q and was told not available. Yet the Hi-Q looks a lot like the one in the ad.