PDA

View Full Version : more items on the "Latest posts" list?

Ewan
12-02-2009, 11:31 PM
Kev
I really like the "latest posts" list on the front page - so much so, it means the front page is my starting point rather than the forums (as might be the case with other sites).

Now that the newer home page is a bit longer, would it be possible to expand the list of new posts? Maybe up to 10 or 12?

cheers, Ewan

Lankstarr
13-02-2009, 06:57 AM
I thought this for a long long time, then Matt pointed out the "New Posts" tab next to the search tab... I now only use this as it lists every post since I last logged in.

Cheers,

Luke

Kevin
13-02-2009, 07:06 AM
Well in short yes the list can be longer.

As for the home page being longer, well that is only becuase I have put up the main events for the year, and kept the other photo bit too. Normally I only have one item on the home page.

Personally for web design I like to have a page where you can see everything in one screenful, so that you don't miss things that are off the bottom.

But there is no harm in making the list longer, while I have this longer home page.

Ewan
13-02-2009, 07:20 AM
Nice one, thanks :)

TheSebringOne
13-02-2009, 11:06 PM
Cheers Luke, you have just made my life a tiny bit easier! :thumbsup:

Lankstarr
14-02-2009, 12:17 PM
Cheers Luke, you have just made my life a tiny bit easier! :thumbsup:

Oh no - does this mean you'll post more:( I see that yourpost total has increased by over a thousand in the last few days... you've been busy;)

Not many more before you breach the 2,000 mark and get the special star next to your username:eek:

L*

TheSebringOne
14-02-2009, 07:17 PM
Luke, what special star? Where? Unless I need my eyes testing :eek:

Forumadmin, I like the longer latest post on the home page!

forumadmin
14-02-2009, 08:09 PM
Oh no - does this mean you'll post more:( I see that yourpost total has increased by over a thousand in the last few days... you've been busy;)

Not many more before you breach the 2,000 mark and get the special star next to your username:eek:

L*

No chance, I'll reset it before he hits 2000.:laugh:

Silver Surfer
14-02-2009, 10:28 PM
No chance, I'll reset it before he hits 2000.:laugh:

Don't be mean....just lock it at 1999.:laugh:

SS