PDA

View Full Version : Door cards finished and back in place

mutley
12-02-2009, 02:55 PM
Hi All,

As promised here are a couple of pics of my refreshed door cards with new door handles inplace.

For the eagle eyed amoung you, you wil have noticed that I have re done the speaker grills again, the cherry red cloth was to bright to go with the new Alcantara, so I have now used burgandy cloth, was as close as I could find.

Jim

NSXGB
12-02-2009, 03:06 PM
Makes a big difference updating from the ruffled look, a lot better.
I did mine in black which will match the seats when I finally get them in....

Silver Surfer
12-02-2009, 03:14 PM
Hi jim,

Nice!!!

Can you do mine if I pay for the raw materials? (Just the door cards).:D

SS

Lankstarr
12-02-2009, 03:17 PM
Looks good mate - did you cover over the original material or remove it?

Silly question as I'm sure you removed it but ... I dunno but what, maybe I'll just shut up!

BYE:eek:

NSXGB
12-02-2009, 03:34 PM

Silly question as I'm sure you removed it but ... I dunno but what, maybe I'll just shut up!

....that's the hardest part of the process, removing all that old ruffled leather...

mutley
12-02-2009, 03:38 PM
Hi jim,

Nice!!!

Can you do mine if I pay for the raw materials? (Just the door cards).:D

SS

No problemo, will cost you a pint for my labour charge. Trust me it doesn't take long, I rekon from start to finish (both sides) can be done in an hour.

Yeah Luke, the first time I done them I just covered over the original material, hence why they were still ruffled, but this time I striped it all off and now have smooth doors (that's why I went with foam backed material). Did you get those little bits I sent you?

Jim

Lankstarr
12-02-2009, 06:31 PM
I did thanks mate, although one of them had a small stain on it. Did you get a bit excited when you were fitting it?

I'll have to have a proper look in the light but first impressions are they're quite a bit darker than the seats; the light may change everything though as it looks a lot lighter in your pics!

Thanks for the sample... much appreciated:)

Luke

TheSebringOne
12-02-2009, 11:14 PM
Looks good Jim. Are you recovering the centre console too mate?

mutley
12-02-2009, 11:23 PM
yeah I will be doing the centre arm rest to match the doors. Will also probably be doing the knee pad under the steering wheel and the litttle bit under teh glove box too.

Cheers
Jim

Lankstarr
13-02-2009, 06:52 AM
Definitely not a match for me mate - think I'll have to get the seat centres and door cards done at the same time if I want a match.

Either that or just go black.

Thanks for sending the sample though.

Luke

mutley
13-02-2009, 10:59 AM
No Prob Luke, It would have been a bit on th uber lucky side to find a perfect match anyway. I'm not sure how easy the seats come apart, but maybe you could do the centres to match.
When you say going black, do you mean leaving the doors, or doing the seats black?

Jim

Lankstarr
13-02-2009, 12:46 PM
Probably leaving the seats and doing the door cards in black - some nice perforated suede would be ideal so it would mimic the Type S look.

If I ever manage to find some rails that fit then it wouldn;t matter what seat colour I went for as it they wouldn;t clash with the door cards.

I'd be happy just to stick some DC5 seats in and you can pick them up dirt cheap... it's just finding the pesky rails (not sure if the DC5 seats would fit).

Cheers,

Luke

Senninha
13-02-2009, 01:02 PM
Luke,

I think between Ary and Simon they have worked out the runner/mount issue for the Pole Positions, hopefully some pics up soon.

Ref the red or black alcantara for your car .... I feel another of your :quote: Pole's :quote:coming on

regards,

NSXGB
13-02-2009, 01:05 PM
Luke,

I think between Ary and Simon they have worked out the runner/mount issue for the Pole Positions, hopefully some pics up soon.

...not quite yet, but help is coming from many angles...