PDA

View Full Version : Web Site move

Kevin
10-02-2009, 07:13 AM
The NSXCB website has been moved to a new server. Any delays you experienced is down to the DNS name (the nsxcb.co.uk) having to be updated across the Internet. That is a function of your Internet provider not me.

markdas
10-02-2009, 03:49 PM
Actualy seems quicker today.....is it? If so, well done you!

Kevin
10-02-2009, 05:18 PM
Maybe it's because 50% of the members haven't been able to connect yet. The reason for moving wasn't one of performance.

Greybloke
10-02-2009, 06:46 PM
Thought something was afoot yesterday, missed my evening "fix"

All looks ok now.

Hagasan
24-02-2009, 10:26 PM
The NSXCB website has been moved to a new server. Any delays you experienced is down to the DNS name (the nsxcb.co.uk) having to be updated across the Internet. That is a function of your Internet provider not me.

Tonight to my surprise I got a message from Senninha via NSXprime that this site had been back up since Sunday night!! For days I had kept on getting the "Please wait while we do some work. The NSXCB will return!" so I assumed it was still down. :-(I still can't get to the site using the address in my browser. How long should it take for the DNS servers to be updated? Surely not three days?I managed to log on in the end but only by going annonymously through a proxy server.....My ISP in Nildram, is there anything being blocked towards them from the NSXCB server??Cheers,Gary

NSXGB
24-02-2009, 10:34 PM
Tonight to my surprise I got a message from Senninha via NSXprime that this site had been back up since Sunday night!! For days I had kept on getting the "Please wait while we do some work. The NSXCB will return!" so I assumed it was still down. :-(I still can't get to the site using the address in my browser. How long should it take for the DNS servers to be updated? Surely not three days?I managed to log on in the end but only by going annonymously through a proxy server.....My ISP in Nildram, is there anything being blocked towards them from the NSXCB server??Cheers,Gary

Delete all your temp internet files and old shortcuts to nsxcb then start again, you may find this will help...

Hagasan
24-02-2009, 10:39 PM
Delete all your temp internet files and old shortcuts to nsxcb then start again, you may find this will help...

Thanks but I did try deleting the temp files......still doesn't work!!
Even if I google NSXCB it still has the old message that the site is down and I can't load it from there either....

Kevin
25-02-2009, 06:08 AM
The IP address for nsxcb.co.uk is 74.208.125.94.

Here's a technical bit;

Open a command prompt on your computer. Type in 'nslookup nsxcb.co.uk' and press enter.

You should get the ip address as above.

If you don't type in ipconfig /flushdns, and repeat the test above.

It may be you have a router that is caching the old address, and has not downloaded the updated one.

The ipconfig /flushdns clears the cache on your computer. If this still fails, reset your router.

Hagasan
25-02-2009, 10:29 AM
The IP address for nsxcb.co.uk is 74.208.125.94.

Here's a technical bit;

Open a command prompt on your computer. Type in 'nslookup nsxcb.co.uk' and press enter.

You should get the ip address as above.

If you don't type in ipconfig /flushdns, and repeat the test above.

It may be you have a router that is caching the old address, and has not downloaded the updated one.

The ipconfig /flushdns clears the cache on your computer. If this still fails, reset your router.

Hi Kevin,

The last thing I did last night was reset the router but I still had the same issues and went to bed!

Just tried this morning and it's working fine now so it was probably the router, just me being impatient after resetting it?!?

Cheers,

Gary

NoelWatson
25-02-2009, 11:34 AM
Hi Kevin,

The last thing I did last night was reset the router but I still had the same issues and went to bed!

Just tried this morning and it's working fine now so it was probably the router, just me being impatient after resetting it?!?

Cheers,

Gary

Could be IE caching the page