PDA

View Full Version : Common sense but watch out!

AR
06-02-2009, 12:54 AM
Saw this on another board:

http://marktg.toyotires.com/file/tirestorage.pdf

Cheers,

Ary

Lankstarr
06-02-2009, 07:11 AM
I just bought an Audi quattro with snow tyres on it... it came with a set of summer tyres which had been sat in the guy's garage for a few months... now they're sat in mine and the snow tyres will be when I swap them over in July for a 2 week long summer.

Are there any issues with this - should I be cuddling them every night?

L*

Kevin
06-02-2009, 08:34 AM
Keeping the winter tyres in the garage during the summer is fine. They are made to be used in freezing weather.

I know about the high performance ones not being any good in the cold, and should not be frozen in storage. Makes me laugh at the 'experts' on Pistonheads, one particular idiot claiming to be driving in the snow on R888s.:rolleyes:

Senninha should not be driving around in winter with his RE070's, and also store those somewhere above freezing. Mine were outside for a year, and now seem very hard. I don't think it is worth trying them again.

For sale: one complete set of Type-R RE070 tyres.:D

Senninha
06-02-2009, 09:52 AM
........Senninha should not be driving around in winter with his RE070's, and also store those somewhere above freezing...........:D

Still on the F1's whilst this wet n white stuff is around. RE's will get fitted to the OEM rims if the 'missing' Enkei's ever arrive and become the daily use set. In the meantime, RE's have been kept warm as advised a long time ago when at KevSpeed!

Kevin
06-02-2009, 10:09 AM
Did I advise that a long time ago?

Am I good or what?

Senninha
06-02-2009, 10:14 AM
Did I advise that a long time ago?

Am I good or what?

Yep, the day we did the brakes, this was amongst the gems of advise you shared.

And you thought I wasn't listening :)