PDA

View Full Version : Dali - Final request

Senninha
02-02-2009, 08:23 PM
Sadly it appears that Mark Johnson, sole proprietor of Dali Racing has decided he no longer wishes to communicate with his UK customers.

Fortunately for some members here they have been able to recover most of their costs through credit card or Paypal protection.

For two of us, Luke (Lankstarr) and me, no such joy. Luke loses because the missing items valued at around $700 are outstanding from previous GB's. For me its because I had paid for items from another Prime member, shipped to Mark as he offered to ship with the last, and now failed GB.

So why am I posting? So that if anyone else has direct orders is is thinking of placing an order you are fully aware that I am offering Mark 24 hours to reply to my email. After this time I will be writing to accuse him of theft to both the San Diego Sheriffs office and the San Diego Police department. I'm writing to both as I dont know where the boundary of responsibility lies, ie the City limit.

I have also found that according to the San Diego 'Better Business Bureau', Dali has the lowest possible rating. The ratings run from A+, A, A- through to F, the rating given to Dali.

There are also a number of complaints over the past 36 months for failure to deliver goods, resolve claims or keep contact with customers when he has issues around supply or delivery.

The story is not much better for his shipping agent, Pann Autos, also of San Diego. Whats also concerning is that according to BBB, this is also a sole proprietor business. So given that me and another member have both called in the last couple of weeks and spoken to different people, its possible the owner has a few alias'.

Should you have any reason to contact either operation, you can do so with the following information.

Dali Racing

http://sandiego.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Report.aspx?site=26&bbb=1186&firm=30002139#cmpl (http://sandiego.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Report.aspx?site=26&bbb=1186&firm=30002139#cmpl)

BBB Accreditation
This business is not a BBB Accredited Business

BBB Rating
Based on BBB files, this business has the lowest available BBB Rating of F
Reasons for this F rating include:
· Failure to respond to complaints filed against business

Business Contact & Profile

Business Name: Dali Racing
Business Address: 6391 Rancho mission Rd #5
San Diego, CA92108
Principal: Mark Johnson
Employees: 1
Fax number: (760) 761-4159
CellPhone number: 001 619 867 2409

Pann Auto

http://sandiego.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Report.aspx?site=26&bbb=1186&firm=15020252 (http://sandiego.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Report.aspx?site=26&bbb=1186&firm=15020252)

BBB Accreditation
This business is not a BBB Accredited Business

BBB Rating
Based on BBB files, this business has a BBB Rating of C+
Reasons for this C+ rating include:
· Number of complaints filed against business that were not resolved
Business Contact & Profile

Business name: Pann Auto Performance
Business address: 7960 Ronson Road
San Diego, CA92111
Principal: Hung Doung, Owner
Employees: 1 – unless Hung changes his name frequently to Brent or to Tom!
Phone number: 001 858 278 7266

Licensing
BBB records show a license number of AC198916 for this business issued by Bureau of Auto Repair.

The expiration date of this license is 3/31/2006

Tommorrow I will be emailing all this information, together with confirmation emails from Dali to confirm he has the outstanding items in stock, to the Sheriff and Cheif of San Diego.

It appears that being civil, pleasant and all the things one is taught that help the world work in harmony are wasted on these guys.

Maybe when the officials knock at thier door they may find it within themselves to send items as promised.

Thanks, and be careful one and all.

regards, Paul

AR
02-02-2009, 08:50 PM
Sorry that you guys had to go through all this, I hope that you are able to recover your money or get your parts.

Cheers,

AR

Lankstarr
02-02-2009, 09:11 PM
Not sure what to add other than to say that if you're reading this then please act to ship Paul's wheels and refund my goods.

Luke

eclipse1501
02-02-2009, 09:16 PM
I wonder how effective these warnings are though as quite a few people on Prime have been making the very same noises for a long time, although maybe not so thoroughly/detailed as this case. Its just very sad as literally everyone looses out when it all goes off like this but I imagine it could easily have been solved with some comms from MJ. I hope he sees fit to refund you, unless he's gone/going bust of course? I personally got all my bits from Dali but you cannot ignore this type of behaviour.

Senninha
02-02-2009, 09:46 PM
So the email is drafted for the Sheriff and Chief of San Diego ready to go in 24 hours, the amount of time offered to MJ. My email to him encloses what will be sent, together with the following;

Mark,

It appears that being polite and offering you good business and organising group buys to bring you extra business is not of interest to you.

So maybe this email will be of interest.

I am offering you the opportunity to send the outstanding items you owe Luke Johnson and me to the UK, with proof of shipping, within 24 hours. If you choose not to, as per previous requests, I will submit the following information to the Sheriff and Chief as indicated in the header. In addition will be emails from you confirming you have these items in your procession.

My email to the Sheriff and Chief will have a different header … on the basis you refuse to contact us but retain the items…. It will accuse you of theft.

I wonder what will happen next .....

NSXGB
02-02-2009, 10:09 PM
Good luck guys, I really hope you get a result out of this.

jaytip
02-02-2009, 10:20 PM
Guys it gives me no joy to say this but,i have been warning of Dali's ethics for years.The format of this site has changed since i made my comments and that's a shame because new owners,have been advised to buy off the thieving bastard(sorry for the language,no other words suffice)and don't know what he is really like.I found this link which,while it doesn't contain any info that i gave about him, it does mention a "difference of opinion" between Darren and myself regarding Mark Johnson.

http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=223

This link is over 4 years old,thats how far back his thieving goes regarding members of this site.
I have sent a number of PM's to people who have considered buying off him,to let them know what may happen if they purchase off him.

Personaly,i think forum admin/moderators SHOULD allow people to speak their mind about these vendors if,IF they have had direct negative business dealings with them.

I think his name should be taken off the board as a vendor and EVERYONE who asks about his business is told what could happen to them.

Phew,glad to get that off my chest.

Ivor.

SILVER BULLET
02-02-2009, 10:29 PM
So the email is drafted for the Sheriff and Chief of San Diego ready to go in 24 hours, the amount of time offered to MJ. My email to him encloses what will be sent, together with the following;

Mark,

It appears that being polite and offering you good business and organising group buys to bring you extra business is not of interest to you.

So maybe this email will be of interest.

I am offering you the opportunity to send the outstanding items you owe Luke Johnson and me to the UK, with proof of shipping, within 24 hours. If you choose not to, as per previous requests, I will submit the following information to the Sheriff and Chief as indicated in the header. In addition will be emails from you confirming you have these items in your procession.

My email to the Sheriff and Chief will have a different header … on the basis you refuse to contact us but retain the items…. It will accuse you of theft.

I wonder what will happen next .....

Well written Paul,sorry to hear of your problems with Dali, I hope that things are resolved soon,there may be a clue in the Dali address(Rancho)isn't that where you find cowboys ?
cheers,
Ian

markdas
03-02-2009, 02:25 AM
Im glad Ivor has spoken up and I agree, why does he still have a section on the forum? Thankfully I never finalised my order with him because he made no effort to close any deal (maybe I wasn't sending enough dosh to him upfront).

If people really want to buy from him, then there are plenty of sources to find his web address I would have thought.

My feeling is that his section is closed down and removed or a warning put up there to alert people (Im think of very keen new owners etc who think they will get only good things from this forum) that this guy is not to be dealt with - and link them to all the horror stories?

It wrong that people can trade this way and I hope it gets sorted.

Mark

forumadmin
03-02-2009, 06:19 AM
Personaly,i think forum admin/moderators SHOULD allow people to speak their mind about these vendors if,IF they have had direct negative business dealings with them.

Go for it. Though like you say, and we have said before, only if you are directly affected.

I think his name should be taken off the board as a vendor and EVERYONE who asks about his business is told what could happen to them.

Done

Phew,glad to get that off my chest.

Ivor.

See my comments in red above.

NSXGB
03-02-2009, 07:48 AM
I found this link which,while it doesn't contain any info that i gave about him, it does mention a "difference of opinion" between Darren and myself regarding Mark Johnson.

http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=223

This link is over 4 years old,thats how far back his thieving goes regarding members of this site.
I have sent a number of PM's to people who have considered buying off him,to let them know what may happen if they purchase off him.

. . . . And didn't Darren finally get ripped off by him after spending many thousands of pounds with him?

Senninha
03-02-2009, 09:13 AM
Good Morning All,

So after posting the same thread on Prime there was a number of responses. One was clearly a supporter of MJ advising me to add more detail of MJ's failings into the thread as 'evidence'. All others wished us luck and said that they were no longer willing to take the risk that MJ has another bad day.

Shortly after this the mods moved my post, losing all the other negative replies in the process! Wonder who they support then ... :laugh:

I also, as indicated in my posts, emailed MJ offering him 24 hrs to reply .... well surprise surprise, this is what I got ...

Hi Paul -

I was unaware that our good sheriff had a shipping department. You might get the box a bit faster by issuing a call tag for the shipper of your choice.

100lbs

39"L X 23"W X 22"H

You have the address.

I'm responding to ask for Lukes parts to be available for collection also, otherwise the Sheriff gets his email!

regards, Paul

Senninha
03-02-2009, 09:57 AM
So this is what I have written today - hopefully I can get Lukes parts as well. If no response then as per my original email to Mark, the Sheriff gets his email.
At least Marks response has cleared up that his business falls under the Sheriff's office and not the Police dept.

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the reply. As per my previous emails, all I and the other guys wanted was to hear from you and receive our products.

Can you confirm if you will have Luke’s parts available for collection at the same time please? If yes, can you confirm package details as you have done for my wheels. This will then negate me taking any further action, which I have always wanted to avoid, for both of us.

If I can arrange collection for both parcels this would be greatly appreciated.

For what its worth I think it’s a shame that it has taken this approach to get a response from you.

Regards,

Paul

NSXGB
03-02-2009, 10:02 AM
Your post is still on Prime, the replies have been removed....
Fingers crossed.

TheQuietOne
03-02-2009, 10:08 AM
Paul tried to call you just, but if you need any help arranging collection I'm sure I can sort it out for you.

Rob_Fenn
03-02-2009, 10:16 AM
Glad this forum seems to have finally seen the light with Dali.

simonprelude
03-02-2009, 11:52 AM
The dilemma a lot of people have is that they have had good service from Mark in the past.
I personally have had items from both individual purchases and group buys delivered very quickly and at great prices, then this happens..............

Not quite sure what goes on out there, however I will probably continue to make purchases based on my own judgment from various suppliers but making sure I have the backing of credit card companies / paypal.

Senninha
03-02-2009, 11:55 AM
.........I think his name should be taken off the board as a vendor ..............Ivor.

He wont be the only one going ... a little more time ;)

jaytip
03-02-2009, 12:30 PM
The dilemma a lot of people have is that they have had good service from Mark in the past.
I personally have had items from both individual purchases and group buys delivered very quickly and at great prices, then this happens..............

Not quite sure what goes on out there, however I will probably continue to make purchases based on my own judgment from various suppliers but making sure I have the backing of credit card companies / paypal.
Sorry Si,but this is exactly the kind of post that i think shouldn't be written.

THE GUY IS A THIEF.

Would you still support him, if,say for example,his previous wrong doings wern't a matter of ripping people off over the internet but mugging old people instead.Let's say for example,that details of his muggings to Prime members familys had occured and you knew about them,would you support him then?. Of course you wouldn't,so why support someone who rips your friends off via the internet.

If you are going to continue to purchase of him it's your money and your choice obviously,but a bigger picture needs to be looked at here.

Picture a new owner to the NSX who has seen Dali's website and likes a lot of the stuff he offers for sale, and then reads your post.He may end up thinking"hey,maybe the others were just unlucky,but i think i will buy from him anyway",and then another poor sod could get ripped off.

Bottom line is,i don't think the guy should get even the smallest amount of positive feedback,even from people who have recieved orders in the past because he has ripped off too many people too many times.

Regards,

Ivor.

BlueNSX
03-02-2009, 01:47 PM
[quote=Senninha;54183]He wont be the only one going ... a little more time ;)[/quot

Ouch !!!!

Paul can you please call me as I had some stuff in that shipment.

Cheers

Mark

Sudesh
03-02-2009, 02:02 PM
Really sorry to hear all the troubles and issues Dali have caused and it would be really nice to see the issue resolved. I'm glad to say I have never purchased anything from Dali. On a few ocassions that I did contact him, I never really thought the service was up to much and lack of replies or the time scale on replying was dreadful. But dont you guys think this seems to be the case for alot of so called NSX parts suppliers? I'm not going to name names, but I have come accross a few now that seem to handle there business like Dali.

AR
03-02-2009, 04:29 PM
I'm not going to name names, but I have come accross a few now that seem to handle there business like Dali.

Spot on Sudesh, that seems to be the case.

simonprelude
03-02-2009, 05:54 PM
Sorry Si,but this is exactly the kind of post that i think shouldn't be written.

I tried to be objective in my post and I know others have had problems with Dali, I can sympathise with them but somehow I seem to have been lucky. Guess I just sailed under a lucky star, but no, if I can get parts from another supplier close to Dali's prices then he won't be getting any more orders.

Hence why the only real option in my mind is to try and hold a stock of parts in the UK bought from choice suppliers at the right price.

I'm not really in a position to do this at the moment or I would have started putting together a small inventory myself.

mutley
03-02-2009, 07:25 PM
Hi All,

I have to agree with Simon. I am gutted for the guys that have been "ripped off" and I know that the group buy in question has been a long on-going thing. I have had orders from Dali and I never really had any problems either, the last being the beginning off this year (long long after the group buy) and the part I needed was with me in 4 days, with lots of emails back and forth.

There have been threads going on since I first joined this Forum, and there have always been good and bad reports about Dali so I tried just to see and had no problems. Even (and I'm sure the guys in the GB will agree) that most of them have had parts from him in the past with no probs at all, hence why the GB went ahead in the first place

But having now sen these problems, I very much doubt I will even use Dali again.

I have to say, hat my recent deal with SoS was much swifter with very good comms from them, so I will be more inclined to use them in future.

Jim

NSX 2000
04-02-2009, 09:51 AM
Hi All,

I have to agree with Simon. I am gutted for the guys that have been "ripped off" and I know that the group buy in question has been a long on-going thing. I have had orders from Dali and I never really had any problems either, the last being the beginning off this year (long long after the group buy) and the part I needed was with me in 4 days, with lots of emails back and forth.

There have been threads going on since I first joined this Forum, and there have always been good and bad reports about Dali so I tried just to see and had no problems. Even (and I'm sure the guys in the GB will agree) that most of them have had parts from him in the past with no probs at all, hence why the GB went ahead in the first place

But having now sen these problems, I very much doubt I will even use Dali again.

I have to say, hat my recent deal with SoS was much swifter with very good comms from them, so I will be more inclined to use them in future.

Jim

I'll second Jim's comments and also add from a personal point of view that it helps if you can visit the premises of the vendor or at least meet them.
I meet Dirk when I bought brake discs of him and I got friends to collect stuff from Detlef when they went to Germany (have since been to Detlef's house and seen his NSX), and I've been to SoS garage/shop in Phoniex Arizona.

Paul.

jaytip
04-02-2009, 02:03 PM
Guys i too had successful dealings with Dali before being ripped off.

Let me explain how his "sting" works.You are a new customer enquiring about some parts for your pride+joy,and Mark answers all of your emails.You then say ok,and order your parts of him.Great.You then do a few more orders with him,and all is well,your confidence and trust in him grows,and you start to think"hey,he's not as bad as people say",and then bam your next order doesn't arrive within reasonable time,so you send some polite emails to Mark asking the status of your order at which point you(and your order) have been completely removed from Marks brain,and he ignores all future enquire's/questions.

nigel
04-02-2009, 11:30 PM
NSX2000, (Paul or anyone) have you seen or heard from Dirk recently?
I need to scrounge a few bits and haven't gotten any replies.
Still trying to fit headlight washer system to my car and he had a few bits I might still be able to get.
He also might be able to help me out with a rear foglight system from a breaker so it will only cost just up to the elbow instead of a complete arm and leg.
"mvm" has a breaker and i'm trying to get a foglight system and some U.K. wiring from him but looking for a sure deal.

Cheers
nigel

NSX 2000
05-02-2009, 09:48 AM
NSX2000, (Paul or anyone) have you seen or heard from Dirk recently?
I need to scrounge a few bits and haven't gotten any replies.
Still trying to fit headlight washer system to my car and he had a few bits I might still be able to get.
He also might be able to help me out with a rear foglight system from a breaker so it will only cost just up to the elbow instead of a complete arm and leg.
"mvm" has a breaker and i'm trying to get a foglight system and some U.K. wiring from him but looking for a sure deal.

Cheers
nigel

Sorry Nigel but I haven't. If you look at his vendor section there is a thread about this.

Paul.

nigel
06-02-2009, 02:38 AM
Thanks Paul, I did see that awhile ago but I thought i'd give it a go.

Cheers
nigel

Senninha
06-02-2009, 08:25 AM
This is right on the money ... I still dont understand it, but this is what happens. Note that its not just us in the UK, he does this to guys on Prime too ... and is still doing it without anyone getting back to him.

I wonder why he has so many supporters from the Prime mods?? ... they were obviously VERY keen to bury this same thread over there, and in moving it they just happenned to loose all the supportive comments from oothers that have lost out with this operation!!

Guys i too had successful dealings with Dali before being ripped off.

Let me explain how his "sting" works.You are a new customer enquiring about some parts for your pride+joy,and Mark answers all of your emails.You then say ok,and order your parts of him.Great.You then do a few more orders with him,and all is well,your confidence and trust in him grows,and you start to think"hey,he's not as bad as people say",and then bam your next order doesn't arrive within reasonable time,so you send some polite emails to Mark asking the status of your order at which point you(and your order) have been completely removed from Marks brain,and he ignores all future enquire's/questions.

AR
06-02-2009, 12:32 PM
I honestly think that the Vendor's section of this board needs to be clean as it sends out a message of approval.

mutley
06-02-2009, 12:38 PM
I honestly think that the Vendor's section of this board needs to be clean as it sends out a message of approval.

I'll second that, when I first joined the forum, I saw the vendors section and automaticaly assumed that the vendors in that section were all "approved" etc.

On a side note, I thing that Science of Speed should be invited to advertise as a vendor.

Jim

DAVEMAT
06-02-2009, 01:01 PM
Goto admit SoS's service is spot on, I've ordered quite a few parts through them in the last few months, & in the past, & can't fault them.
Bryan kept me up to speed with everything, including chasing parts which were not coming direct from them.
Credit where credits due.
Now I think I'll have to order some of those door handles that Jim has - to match my gear knob.

forumadmin
06-02-2009, 05:37 PM
The vendors section is limited to vendors which are relevant to NSXs. They pay for the priviledge to be there. I turn down lots of potential vendors, even though they are a revenue stream, as they are the typical box shifting muppets who know nothing about NSXs.

SoS will not be invited, if they felt the UK market was big enough they can contact me. I have not always heard good things about SoS, and bad posts about them on Prime get deleted just like 'other' vendors. Though I haven't heard of them keeping money from customers etc.

Apart from one ex-vendor I have not received any complaints about any others, so how can I be recommending anyone anyway? I haven't bought from all the vendors listed so I don't know what they are all like.

Greybloke
06-02-2009, 05:57 PM
SoS have served me well on a couple of orders, with no probs.

The few I've had with Dail have ended well, but with a bit of agro.

Just my experience, and I know who will get my future orders irrespective of weather they're in the vendor section.

AR
06-02-2009, 07:07 PM
Do the sellers have moderating powers over their forums area?

If so perhaps a feedback sticky can be added to each vendor section, or a score system like on many other forums.

It is your board and your rules, and we are grateful to you ( Kevin ), matt and all others that oversee it behind close doors, but members are getting hurt.

Perhaps make the board a pay only or donate only board, or a system like NSX prime, nad that way it should get rid of the mobile phones, viagra, electronics, etc sellers and the headache of having vendors.

BTW there are boards were one is require to own a car and prove it before becoming a member.

Just my 2p.

Cheers,

Ary

forumadmin
06-02-2009, 09:54 PM
All valid points. Yes vendors have mod rights in their sections. The idea of this was so that they could keep their areas tidy, and just use them for advertising.

The main problem I have with comments is to make sure anyone who makes one is doing so from personal experience only. Even in this thread there is a question around Darren's experience with Dali. OK, so in this case I don't care, but just that suggestion of a question is hearsay.

I'm not sure what you mean by the system on NSXPrime? The vendor experience section?

We could make the whole site pay only with proper members. It would make it more of a club. I have a problem with this as it goes against what the club was originally founded on. How many members would we have if everyone had to pay? I also feel I would have to provide more for paying customers. However on the 'flipside' having some club revenue could be used to subsidise track days or buying up /developing parts, and it would keep out some other undesireables. I do know some forums have memberships, even lowly ones like the Nissan Terrano Owners Club (don't ask me how I know).

Because this site is so NSX based I think most active people here are owners. There is really nothing of interest here for anyone else.

All these things also involve more work. It's hard enough to get help as it is now, and I don't want to do too much more. It will end up like Sammy and Honda Revs, where she did all the work, and ended up resenting it.

I guess all the Ferrari, Aston, Porsche type clubs run like this. Maybe one day the NSXCB will become like this when the car becomes more of a classic.

Think this has gone off topic enough. Maybe continue any further discussion in a new thread under the NSXCB section.

Do the sellers have moderating powers over their forums area?

If so perhaps a feedback sticky can be added to each vendor section, or a score system like on many other forums.

It is your board and your rules, and we are grateful to you ( Kevin ), matt and all others that oversee it behind close doors, but members are getting hurt.

Perhaps make the board a pay only or donate only board, or a system like NSX prime, nad that way it should get rid of the mobile phones, viagra, electronics, etc sellers and the headache of having vendors.

BTW there are boards were one is require to own a car and prove it before becoming a member.

Just my 2p.

Cheers,

Ary

forumadmin
06-02-2009, 09:57 PM
Just one more point. With the addition of the marketplace everyone has a 'Classified Rating'. You can use it to lave feedback. I don't think any purchase needs to be made via the marketplace either, just leave feedback.

Senninha
07-02-2009, 12:20 AM
Should anyone wish to know what he looks like, let me intro Mj to the now more informed owners in the UK

Se (http://www.teamnsx.info/)e later post with photos ........

At least here we dont get sensored as on Prime, thanx Forumadmin.

Hagasan
07-02-2009, 01:25 AM
I thought this was him? Same guy?

forumadmin
07-02-2009, 06:24 AM
Sorry, wrong.... from my personal collection. Though only from the back.

Taken at Spa in 2002.

Should anyone wish to know what he looks like, let me intro Mj to the now more informed owners in the UK

http://www.teamnsx.info/

At least here we dont get sensored as on Prime, thanx Forumadmin.

Procar Specials
07-02-2009, 02:05 PM
well, that trouble was expected sooner or later.
Had my desaster with him years before but found a way to get my money back.

How many pictures do you want?

Procar Specials
07-02-2009, 02:09 PM
finally he seems to be a happy guy :)

Silver Surfer
07-02-2009, 02:34 PM
http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/attachment.php?attachmentid=4999&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1234015649 (http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/attachment.php?attachmentid=4999&d=1234015649)

finally he seems to be a happy guy :)

I wonder what he has purchase with the money he has taken from members of NSXCB.

Does he resemble Salmon Rushdie??

SS

amo
07-02-2009, 06:09 PM
well iv not had a shhiitttt for ages could send him a turd in the post well made me smile lol

bloddy credit card ppl not got back to me yet mmmmmmmm

thx amo

amo
07-02-2009, 10:33 PM
how about doin a group send lol lol lol

thx amo

JQD84983
08-02-2009, 10:30 AM
I'll second that, when I first joined the forum, I saw the vendors section and automaticaly assumed that the vendors in that section were all "approved" etc.

Jim

As a new member that was my impression too. The one thing this forum really prides itself on is helping us newcomers.

Perhaps there should be a periodic review involving a few of the longer serving members to review any bad feedback on vendors and action as appropriate. Then at least there would be a majority for expulsion removal etc. and no accusation of bias?

Just a thought.

Senninha
10-02-2009, 11:21 PM
Thanx to a friendly owner over on Prime, this wonderful new thread has been brought to my attention.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117806

Time to air your views boys n girls, but I would suggest sticking to the facts as requested otherwise it might just disappear ....

I've an early start so will add mine later. From what I've heard, no one has heard back from Mark apart from me when I threatened to email the Sherrif ... is this still the case?

I've supplied a copy of the email to one member already, would anyone else like a copy of the proposed email as a starter for your own individual letter? PM me your email and I'll send it over with the Sheriffs details

regards, Paul

Lankstarr
11-02-2009, 09:28 AM
I've started my own thread on Prime and added it to the list of those affected. I urge all of those that have been robbed my Mark, no matter how long ago, to add a quick post to the thread on Prime. With enough evidence perhaps something will finally get done and maybe he will be brought to justice. Who knows ... we may even get our goods or refunds!

Luke

amo
25-02-2009, 08:10 AM
just had this from mark im trying to be nice to him but looks like he can't give a shiittt

Hi Amo -

There's BS (before sheriff email) and AS, (after sheriff email) currently we are in AS time.

AS means they can all buy elsewhere.

If you want to straighten out your pile, that's fine, I'm tired of tripping over it as well.

MJ

amo mo wrote:
iam willing to go as a go between between yourself and some of the others on the uk site as they are very pissed
i have always sent you the money you asked for not a prob
thx amo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 09:36:03 -0800
To: amo7861@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Shipping the next pile

amo mo wrote:
anychance you would like to send me the rest of my items that i have paid for pls
thx amo

Not with the chargeback in place, as that $ has already been taken out of my account. I already told them to pay you back on the 14th. I do not know what their holdup is:

Chargeback Date:
Feb. 14, 2009
Being Reviewed By PayPal
Status Details:
Thank you for informing us that you are choosing to accept liability for this chargeback. We will contact you if we require additional information. Your Chargeback Resolution Specialist can be reached at chargeback-response@paypal.com. No further action is required by you at this time.

if you want to cancel that I can send you the parts, or you can bug them to complete your refund.

--
Mark Johnson -- Dali Racing -- Adapt:Innovate:Overcome
"Don't worry about what the sheeple think; they don't do it very often."

Senninha
25-02-2009, 08:40 AM
Hi Amo,

Best of luck and I hope you get your parts through.

Mark brought all of this on himself by choosing to ignore all the polite requests from the UK for him to ship parts that everyone had paid for.

My parts have been collected and are in transit. The sherrif letter was the only one he responded too. He had several opportunities to act ahead of this but chose not too. As he released my parts I did not send the letter, however, I do beleive that otheres have sent individual versions and still have parts/funds outstanding.

Had he been UK based, not only would he of had several visitor's, he would not currently be trading as UK law would have enabled us to stop him trading until all parts were delivered or funds repaid.

BTW, if you haven't seen it, there is a thread run by Lud, the Kevin of Prime that is collecting facts about Mark's poor customer service. Its under the vendor feedback section on Prime.

regards, Paul

amo
25-02-2009, 08:59 AM
hi mate i dont think ill get anything off him just thought id give it a try
seen the post on prime but im not a member anymore as iv only got a hotmail account
well just told him that he lost out on more of my told him what im spending with sos that should make him happy

thx amo

Senninha
25-02-2009, 09:17 AM
........well just told him that he lost out on more of my money and told him what im spending with sos that should make him happy

thx amo

Sadly I dont think he even cares!

If nothing else, at least everyone now knows that even if you've had positive experience(s) with him it doesn't count for anything if he gets out of the wrong side of bed. The risks are very well documented.

TheQuietOne
25-02-2009, 11:09 AM
hi mate i dont think ill get anything off him just thought id give it a try
seen the post on prime but im not a member anymore as iv only got a hotmail account
well just told him that he lost out on more of my told him what im spending with sos that should make him happy

thx amo

Amo not sure if I read your original post correctly, but if it is the case that he has your items and will let you 'collect' them give me a call on (removed so I don't get spammed). If I misread it then I'm sorry for you and the others, this really sucks.

I blame Paul....:D

Cheers,

Matt.

Lankstarr
25-02-2009, 12:49 PM
It's almost like MJ has communicated with you to pi55 off the people that went to the sheriff! Good luck getting your bits mate, it'll be one less person to have been screwed over about this. I went to the sheriff as a last resort because I felt I had no other option... knowing that he's willing to provide others with refunds and their bits makes me more determined to see this through to the end!

Luke

Senninha
25-02-2009, 12:54 PM
Luke,

Shout if you need support with the Sherrifs office ... there are plenty of us that can provide additional info

Best of Luck!!

TQO wrote
I blame Paul....:D

You can go off people you know!! :)

regards, Paul

amo
25-02-2009, 04:05 PM
hi mate
well got some of my money back from my credit card and he has said he will ship out the items to me if i pay him lol
i dont think ill be sending him any money

just to save a few $$ id rather go to sos
and pay for the service
thx amo

ctrlaltdelboy
26-02-2009, 12:13 AM
. . . . And didn't Darren finally get ripped off by him after spending many thousands of pounds with him?

nope, in fact I still owe him a gearbox - can anyone recommend a cheap shipper (not airfreight) that I could use, I've been overdue to send this to Mark for a couple of years now and I'd best get it sorted before he sends the sheriff after me :)
(seriously though, I do need to find a shipper for this if anyone can help)

I do wonder if anyone here has actually read Dali's terms of business, as placing an order and sending money constitutes acceptance of his terms, and the experiences described in this thread are actually described almost verbatim by Mark himself in them so should not be any real surprise when they come to pass, nor can they be acted upon by authorities for this reason.

Please don't flame the messenger for stating this by the way - I'm not saying it's right or the way to run a business, but if you accept the terms of business by placing an order then you'd really better know what they are before the milk gets spilt, cos crying over it afterwards doesn't appear to have gotten anyone any kind of results as far as I can see.

The Dali terms of business are quite unusual but do in fact very accurately describe the way Dali is operated by Mark, including quite clearly spelling out many of the things he is accused of in this and other forums as potentially happening to you and/or your order/payment.

if you haven't already done so, why not take an enlightening (but rather long) read

http://daliracing.com/v666-5/info/terms_conditions/terms.cfm

and again, no fanboi accusations or anything else please (I went though all of this crap years ago and don't want to get into it again thanks), I'm not here to defend or justify MJ, just correcting incorrect suggestions about my Dali account and posting (hopefully) helpful info.

TheQuietOne
26-02-2009, 08:22 AM
Wasted my time reading this although I have in the past too. Still don't see the bit where it says I will accept $5,000+ from UK group buyers and then totally blank them for months?

He is indefensable, and I suggest you keep your gearbox. I could help, but I'll save my time to help people bring their stuff back from the US safely not to the cause of the problem. Maybe you can pay me to send it and I'll just leave it where it is and keep the money, I'll make sure it's in my T's&C's first though so it's OK. :rolleyes:

NSXGB
26-02-2009, 08:14 PM
Wasted my time reading this although I have in the past too. Still don't see the bit where it says I will accept $5,000+ from UK group buyers and then totally blank them for months?

He is indefensable, and I suggest you keep your gearbox. I could help, but I'll save my time to help people bring their stuff back from the US safely not to the cause of the problem. Maybe you can pay me to send it and I'll just leave it where it is and keep the money, I'll make sure it's in my T's&C's first though so it's OK. :rolleyes:

Well said.

Papalazarou
26-02-2009, 08:53 PM
Well said Matt,

there is no excuse and he's not the only one. what is it with NSX vendors?

Cheers,

James.

Senninha
26-02-2009, 08:58 PM
.............and again, no fanboi accusations or anything else please (I went though all of this crap years ago and don't want to get into it again thanks) ...........

Maybe I'm missing the point Darren, but if you dont want responses, +tive or -tive, why get involved? You've done your business with him and good for you.

I read the info you refer too, 2 1/2 yrs ago before my first order. I have traded succesfully since then. When I heard his backing tune I found it amusing ... with hindsight and experience I should of seen the writing on the wall and walked away.

He complains that he gets maybe 8 orders a day ... if he doesn't like it then switch off and shut the doors.

However, no where in his document that I can see does it say that he can steal from NSX owners. He clearly says that if you have no patience, want special treatment blah blah blah then he wont sell to you again. This principal, whilst questionable, is fine because if he wont accept the order, the buyer doesn't loose his money.

But, the following are factual points of reference ...
1. he previously supplied over 2 GB's in excess of $10k of parts
2. he accepted new orders to support late stock from previous GB's
3. he acknowledged that the UK owners made the process straight forward for him and were very clear and easy to deal with
4. he confirmed reciept of all monies
5. he told us that all parts had arrived and were ready for shipping
6. he told us he was getting shipping quote for final billing
7. he then f****** off over xmas and never returned a call or email
8. he still has monies from UK owners
9. he still has paid for parts for UK owners (shipping paid)
10. he has stolen these parts by failing to ship

This makes for a pretty good top ten!

Before contacting the sheriff I wrote one of several polite and factual emails to him advising that if he still did not wish to communicate with me that I would take his nil response as his acceptance of my t&c's that included notifying his sheriff of this theft.

he refused to reply.

I actioned my t&c's

He replied

The sheriff now has several complaints

With any luck the lyrics will come true and his end is in sight.

The End.

ctrlaltdelboy
27-02-2009, 12:06 AM
I'm not geting involved, and I don't want to get involved, I just wanted to clarify/correct the comment made regarding my situation earlier in the thread and raise the unusual TOBs of Dali racing for those who may not be familiar with them - as Jaytip said earlier in this thread, it's important for propective shoppers to be armed with as much relevant info as poss - forewarned is forearmed/look before you leap and all that.

so, no I wasn't really looking for feedback on the previous post - it was posted for informational purposes only.

I'm not involved or in the loop on any of the details of NSXCB members' disputes so am certainly not in a position to comment on them or give a view, which I've not done and don't intend to.

of course the issues raised in this thread are clearly very emotive, and this comes across in reading pretty much every post, but reading the ones made since my post earlier (maybe I'm just reading too much into them?) I feel like it may be worth repeating once more that my post was not defending Mark or attempting to explain or justify his actions either in general or in specific disputes.

Hagasan
27-02-2009, 09:08 AM
http://daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/x-images/service_cover_im.jpg

amo
27-02-2009, 09:34 AM
well i have got most of my money from my credit card company after him having it for 6 months ya 6 months then at xmas no reply to any of my email
but now id rather burn my money then send him some
he sent me a email this week to say do i still want the stuff and could i cancel the chargeback told him NO lol he has to be out of his mind.
man steels your money and thats fine but if he was to come to the uk well hope he looks me up ill have more then words with him
well im glad i will not be dealing with him and never will
the man is an assss

thx amo

MattS
27-02-2009, 08:39 PM
Sorry to hear some of you are having problems again with Dickhead-Dali. This guy is a thief as some of us found out a few years back. Unfortunately our criticisms posted here (intended to be warnings to others) were countered by people saying that 'they had had really good service and thank you Mr. NSX God x x'...

Why not put a permanent warning on this site about this muppet so that we don't get fooled again?

I hope you all get your money back and that Mr. Dali has to pick up the soap in the state penitentiary shower room!!

Rob_Fenn
02-03-2009, 05:02 PM
Agree with MattS. When it happened to us the most bitterly disappointing thing was that support from this forum was more towards Dali. It is sad to see it happen again, hopefully as more established members were caught out then something more substantial will be done.

Lankstarr
13-03-2009, 09:47 PM
Last week I ordered some pushpins from MArk ($5); the notes on the order requested him to send two of the three outstanding items ( the ones that were in stock). He came back very quickly to say that this would be no problem, he worked out shipping costs and a partial refund for one of two roll bars undelivered and sent me a refund of $70.

The parts arrived today so I have no outstanding items from Dali. Worth ordering the $5 pushpins and re-requesting my items... I'd suggest trying the same if you have outstanding items and they;re now showing as in stock.

Your pushpin purchase will of course be protected by paypal. I also wrote to the sheriff's office about 3 weeks ago... did he contact Dali? Who knows!? I've now withdrawn my complaint and learned to stay withing the protective 45 day period offered by paypal.

Thanks,

Luke

Senninha
13-03-2009, 09:59 PM
Luke,

Great to hear your parts arrived.

I'm still at a loss to understand WTF Dali was thinking when he decided to just ignore us?

Thankfully he advised me who to contact by responding with comments about the Sherrif. Thanx. That reaction was just what I was loking for to save us a lot of time and ensure we contacted the correct authority.

Have they acted ... who knows. But at least parts and most of the monies have been delivered or returned and now no-one here will enter into a deal without being fully aware that if he is having a bad day, you might just never see you items.

As Luke says, remember the Paypal 45day protection.

regards, Paul

amo
13-03-2009, 10:29 PM
very good got most of me money now
and make sure you use a credit card to pay paypal protected to ways
or when you contact mark make sure you got a condom on lol lol the more protection the better
thx amo

Senninha
13-03-2009, 10:31 PM
......... when you contact mark make sure you got a condom on lol lol the more protection the better
thx amo

:laugh: well on that note I would now ask the moderators to lock the thread! :laugh:

mutley
13-03-2009, 10:45 PM
are people still seriously thinking of using his srvices after all this?

Even though I never had any probs, I would be VERY doubtfull about it from now on.

Jim

NSXGB
13-03-2009, 10:52 PM
I doubt anyone from here at least will be stupid enough to deal with that fool anymore.

R.I.H. Dali.