PDA

View Full Version : Something to do on a Sunday afternoon....

NSXGB
30-01-2009, 08:59 PM
Well, my engine cover was a bit scratched so rather than paying near £200 for a new one I thought I'd freshen it up myself.
Think it came out ok.
First pic looks a bit orange peely but it dried flat as a pancake.

Installed.

Sebring silver lettering of course....

AR
30-01-2009, 10:02 PM
Well done, I tried doing it with all the colours and got frustrated so I got one for a good deal.

Your engine bay reminds me of mine:

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m171/AR94NSX-R/IMG_0479.jpg

NSXGB
30-01-2009, 10:23 PM
Cheers Ar, I quite enjoyed doing it, once I got the technique right.

Now looking at my engine bay there's a few rusty bolts to replace....hmmm.

That was the cover plate I was going to go for, but thought I'd save my pennies for something else.

AR
30-01-2009, 10:43 PM
Cheers Ar, I quite enjoyed doing it, once I got the technique right.

Well I got fed up about the third time I tried to do the Honda emblem. It was quit frustrating as the rest of the plate was looking well and then there would be a tiny little mark of dust, etc.

I got a few bolts to replace too, I bought a box of assorted ones at a show, but i wish there was a place where I could get some buttom head hex alloy ones.

Cheers,

AR

NSXGB
30-01-2009, 10:51 PM
I got a few bolts to replace too, I bought a box of assorted ones at a show, but i wish there was a place where I could get some buttom head hex alloy ones.

Cheers,

AR

Like these ones:

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=4070

AR
31-01-2009, 12:02 AM
Yes some like those, perhaps we can get a group buy! I have kept all the bolts and fixings removed from my car for one reason or another, and they weight at least a kilo.

Cheers,

AR

WhyOne?
31-01-2009, 10:03 PM
Nice work on the engine cover!

I would also be interested in smartening up the front and rear compartments with some nice looking bolts & would be interested in a group buy......what size do we need?

This place (selling primarily to the motorcycle world) has a bewildering selection in Aluminium, stainless steel & titanium!

http://www.tastynuts.com/acatalog/LOOSE_ITEMS.html

Senninha
31-01-2009, 10:30 PM
When I did my engine and front bays, I bought a couple of mixed bags of hex bolts on fleabay to replace all the visible Honda ones for the ancillary kit in both areas. Definately smartens things up. I also got a few of the Detlef specials for the cooling panel and triangle brace :)

Nice work Simon!

regards, Paul

TheSebringOne
31-01-2009, 11:53 PM
Paul, does that mean the secrets out on your new lovely CF in the front? I assume your spare tyre is in the trunk now with the air flow piece for your hood? :)

I like the idea of nicer coloured bolts to replace rusty ones, I HATE RUSTY BOLTS! :angry: Does driiled washer are going a bit far!

Ary, have you accounted for the weight of your removed bolts n bits in your car's weight mate? :think:

mutley
01-02-2009, 12:16 PM
Paul, does that mean the secrets out on your new lovely CF in the front? I assume your spare tyre is in the trunk now with the air flow piece for your hood? :)

I like the idea of nicer coloured bolts to replace rusty ones, I HATE RUSTY BOLTS! :angry: Does driiled washer are going a bit far!

Ary, have you accounted for the weight of your removed bolts n bits in your car's weight mate? :think:

TRUNK????? HOOD??????

What country do you live in!!!

Senninha
01-02-2009, 12:29 PM
TRUNK????? HOOD??????

What country do you live in!!!

Its only there to build the falling post count :laugh:

AR
01-02-2009, 01:51 PM
I could see this going the way of the headers and manifolds!

NSXGB
01-02-2009, 02:38 PM
Thanks.
I would thing a selection of mostly M6 and M8's will be in order.
I'm off to look at tastynuts.com ! Sounds rude. . .

Nice work on the engine cover!

I would also be interested in smartening up the front and rear compartments with some nice looking bolts & would be interested in a group buy......what size do we need?

This place (selling primarily to the motorcycle world) has a bewildering selection in Aluminium, stainless steel & titanium!

http://www.tastynuts.com/acatalog/LOOSE_ITEMS.html

NSXGB
01-02-2009, 05:09 PM
First on my list is the 4 x rear brace bolts which catch your eye in the foreground of my picture.

For anyone interested, these are M8 x 15mm (standard 1.25mm pitch).

EDIT:

The injector covers require 2 x M5 x 12mm each.

WhyOne?
01-02-2009, 05:54 PM
Which style & colour are you going for Simon?

My natural conservatism is making it difficult for me to see beyond silver or black...exciting eh?! (But at least they wont be rusty!)

mutley
01-02-2009, 05:57 PM
I think they are a great idea fas part of an engine dress-up.

I think I'll be buying some in the very near future.

Jim

NSXGB
01-02-2009, 06:58 PM
Not sure, nearly went for the titanium ones till I saw the price!
I think I'll be conservative and go black or silver.

May even go for stainless steel ones. . . Pack of 50 M8x20 for £3.50 ish from screwfix. Sod the weight gain!

Which style & colour are you going for Simon?

My natural conservatism is making it difficult for me to see beyond silver or black...exciting eh?! (But at least they wont be rusty!)

TheSebringOne
01-02-2009, 09:55 PM
Just a bit of banter guys, Yank style! :D

Help I'm wasting away, wheres my 1000 threads gone!?!? :(