PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye, farewell, amen

Martyn27_uk
27-01-2009, 07:56 PM
Just popping by to offer thanks to anyone and everyone that's helped me out with advice over the years.

The "Buy It Now" button on my NSX's eBay listing has been clicked, meaning that somebody ( in fact, a Welsh bloke called Dave who I'm sure you'll make welcome here ) has just "Bought It Then"

Sorely tempted by Papalaz's 2002 Long Beach baby but I'm hankering after that "wind in the hair" feeling so... a series 3 MX-5 2.0i Sport might do the job, I'll see if the Top Gear boys are right about it being a Boxster rival for half the money.

Thanks again,

Ave atque vale

TheSebringOne
27-01-2009, 08:49 PM
Congratulations on the sale Martyn. Keep intouch & hopefully the new owner introduces himself in due course. :)

NSXGB
27-01-2009, 09:09 PM
Good luck with the search for your new car. Like the ebay ad by the way. :)

AR
27-01-2009, 09:24 PM
I remember Dave was looking to buy one a while back, IIRC he was into RX7s at the time and seem a nice bloke.

Hope you'll get another NSX soon and good luck with the next car.

Cheers,

AR

simonprelude
27-01-2009, 09:26 PM
I've not been on ebay for over a month so haven't really been keeping an eye out.
Someone got a bargain there.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1993-HONDA-NSX-RED_W0QQitemZ150323252244

Dave J
27-01-2009, 11:10 PM
I remember Dave was looking to buy one a while back, IIRC he was into RX7s at the time and seem a nice bloke.

Hope you'll get another NSX soon and good luck with the next car.

Cheers,

AR

Well spotted Ary! I thought i'd bite the bullet and buy one at long last as i'm having a change from the RX7's even though i'm going to really miss it :(. I had considered one or two others but had some advice on what to buy and what not to buy from some kind members on here.
I'm looking forwards to collecting her now this comming weekend and the seller, Martyn, does seem like a very decent chap. Would i be able to come to Japfest with you all if there's any room left? I'll also be after an exhaust if anyone wants to sell one :)
Dave.

Senninha
27-01-2009, 11:33 PM
Would i be able to come to Japfest with you all if there's any room left? I'll also be after an exhaust if anyone wants to sell one :)
Dave.

Welcome Dave and what a deal you got yourself! COngrats.

Add your name to the Japfest thread and drop Jim (Mutley) a pm as he is lead organiser this year.

Theres a thread running for a possible Larini exhaust GB that might be of interest. Otherwise, check out the market section of www.NSXPrime.com (http://www.NSXPrime.com) as there have been a few lately

Enjoy the NSX but take time to get used to the difference from the RX7.

regards, Paul

markdas
28-01-2009, 03:35 AM
Welcome Dave,

What sort of exhaust are you looking for, standard replacement or after market?

I changed mine recently and have been meaning to get it on the for sale section. Very good condition, my car has only done 32,000 miles when I too it off. All heat shileds there and I put new stainless securing bolts in one as I took it off for easier removal etc.

Anyway, let me know if thats of interest

Mark

Dave J
28-01-2009, 07:30 AM
Hi guys and many thanks for the official welcome! I'm looking for, dare i say it, a louder sports type exhaust, something that's more throaty if that makes sense? I don't want anything that'll make me go deaf like my RX7, what would you all recommend :)
Dave.

NSXGB
28-01-2009, 07:33 AM
....jeez, that was a bargain....

markdas
28-01-2009, 09:30 AM
Dave,

A few threads on here dicuss a few options. I agree that the only bit I didnt like about the car when I got it, was the muted exhaust!

Lots of options from a few hundred quid to a few thousand!

I researched it a fair bit using knowledge from here and looking at and listening too, exhausts at Japfest 08 and also plenty of stuff on Youtube etc.

I got a GT Extreme, adjustable pitch muffler (made in Japan to order and beautiful quality) TIG welds are a joy to look at and the sound is stop on, not too loud, never drones but gives it enough bark to make heads turn at all differant rev ranges!!!

Good luck with your car and your search

Mark

amo
28-01-2009, 10:44 AM
hi mate and welcome hope u have a good time with ur baby
where you from in wales
thx amo

cgt
28-01-2009, 12:45 PM
Well done Martyn, after our correspondence by email I was making plans to call you first thing yesterday morning and come over to buy the car, only to see it had been sold..

Oh well, I'm sure another will come up.. it has been 10years since my last NSX (J5 NSX - anyone know where she is now) and seeing your photos and talking to you bought a lot of memories back.

Well done to you for a sensible price which in turn meant a quick sale for the lucky buyer. At the price level these cars are now it was a no-brainer for me.

BTW: I much prefer the early non PAS cars.. yours would have been ideal :(

Dave J
28-01-2009, 03:18 PM
Sorry i got in before you, i thought i'd be too late if i didn't move myself quickly! Good advice on the exhaust Mark, i'll annoy my missus later by listening to sound clips on the net.
I'm picking her up on Saturday afternoon and i must say i'm really looking forwards to it! I deal in *** imports and i've owned 100's of STi's, RX7's, Evo's and Skylines but never had an NSX so this is one car that'll be with me for a while yet. After reading up on the do's & dont's of the NSX i was a little concerned about buying one but Martyns owned her for around 8 years and combined with the good price and the fact that he sounds like an utterly decent guy then i simply couldn't resist :)
My Rx7 i've mentioned is still advertised on ebay under my trading name of 'extreme-sports-and-performance-ltd' looks like she's sold now so the NSX should numb the pain of her leaving.
Dave.

cgt
28-01-2009, 03:49 PM
Sorry i got in before you, i thought i'd be too late if i didn't move myself quickly! Good advice on the exhaust Mark, i'll annoy my missus later by listening to sound clips on the net.
I'm picking her up on Saturday afternoon and i must say i'm really looking forwards to it! I deal in *** imports and i've owned 100's of STi's, RX7's, Evo's and Skylines but never had an NSX so this is one car that'll be with me for a while yet. After reading up on the do's & dont's of the NSX i was a little concerned about buying one but Martyns owned her for around 8 years and combined with the good price and the fact that he sounds like an utterly decent guy then i simply couldn't resist :)
My Rx7 i've mentioned is still advertised on ebay under my trading name of 'extreme-sports-and-performance-ltd' looks like she's sold now so the NSX should numb the pain of her leaving.
Dave.

Quite alright Dave, hope you enjoy her!

Lankstarr
28-01-2009, 04:49 PM
You'd be lucky to find another at this price... worth 13-14 IMO even with the miles.

NSXs are about the only car that hasn;t been smashed in price by the recession... that and the F40

Well done Martyn, after our correspondence by email I was making plans to call you first thing yesterday morning and come over to buy the car, only to see it had been sold..

Oh well, I'm sure another will come up.. it has been 10years since my last NSX (J5 NSX - anyone know where she is now) and seeing your photos and talking to you bought a lot of memories back.

Well done to you for a sensible price which in turn meant a quick sale for the lucky buyer. At the price level these cars are now it was a no-brainer for me.

BTW: I much prefer the early non PAS cars.. yours would have been ideal :(

Dave J
28-01-2009, 07:52 PM
hi mate and welcome hope u have a good time with ur baby
where you from in wales
thx amo

Hi Amo, i'm based in Bargoed so not so far away :). Love your car by the way, it must owe you an absolute fortune, looks a million dollars!

TheSebringOne
28-01-2009, 11:10 PM
What a really honest write up in your sale description Martyn :)

As with Simon's comment, what a bargain too!

Martyn27_uk
01-02-2009, 05:23 PM
Of course it was a bargain - I should have asked for more money :-)

Seriously though, I've had eight cracking years tooling around in K20 @ well under £4k per year in depreciation and running costs. It just seemed like the right time to let her go.

Dave seems like the sort of guy who'd fit in here perfectly and it's good to see that you're already making him welcome.

[Change the exhaust note? After all those long hours the Honda Tecchies spent listening to recordings of Ferrraris!!??]