PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Goodwood Breakfast club dates

NSX 2000
21-01-2009, 11:02 AM
Goodwood have annonced this years dates for the Breakfast club meets, see here http://www.goodwood.co.uk/site/content/breakfastclub/News.aspx?CCID=c4606910-2a89-4e2b-af57-0a3da5979c4c%26Z%3d1#c4606910-2a89-4e2b-af57-0a3da5979c4c

They also now have a dedicated website www.goodwood.com/breakfastclub

I guess it will be best to post in the 2009 meets section when we know which dates are best for the NSX.

Paul

simonprelude
21-01-2009, 04:07 PM
Edited as link on Goodwood website was for 2008, oh well :)

WhyOne?
21-01-2009, 04:14 PM
Simon - I think you have picked up last years calendar, these are the dates/themes for 2009:

Sunday Date and Theme

1 March: ‘Mini Mayhem – for all Small Sporting Runabouts’
Attracting: Celebrating everything from the original Mini to the archetypal hot hatch and modern Supermini, plus RV sporting light aircraft.

5 April: ‘Fabulous Family Favourites – from Fords to Flaminias’
Attracting: Any practical collector’s car with room for all the family, plus four-seater and fixed gear aircraft.

3 May: ‘Everything But The Car – from Bikes and Buses to Tractors and Trucks’
Attracting: All forms of motorised transport except conventional passenger cars. Motorcycles, scooters, three-wheelers, campers, light and heavy commercial vehicles, off-road workhorses, other utility vehicles and even aircraft are all welcome – nothing is too bizarre!

7 June: ‘Supercar Sunday – the Ultimate Performance Machines’
Attracting: Mouth-watering (and mostly mid-engined!) ultimate performance cars and exotic superbikes, plus aerobatic aircraft.

28 June*: ‘Performance Car Legends – post-1970 Driver’s Cars’
Attracting: Sports and GT cars from the 1970s to the present day, from Jensen Interceptor to Ariel Atom, as well as Lotus, Caterham, TVR, Porsche and many more, plus retractable aircraft.

5 July: Not held due to Goodwood Festival of Speed

2 August: ‘Soft Top Sunday – a Taste of the British Summer’
Attracting: Roofless cars of all ages, shapes and sizes, plus all open cockpit aircraft.

30 August*: ‘Thoroughbred Sunday – the Quintessential Classic Car and Motorcycle’
Attracting: Any pre-1966 road vehicle or aircraft in the spirit of Goodwood circuit’s golden days.

6 September: Not held due to Goodwood Revival preparations

4 October: ‘Maserati Magnifica – a Tribute to the Trident and other Italian Icons’
Attracting: For all Maseratis and any other Italian collector’s vehicles, from a Lambretta to a Lamborghini, plus Continental aircraft.

1 November: ‘Souped-up Sunday – Modified and Custom Vehicles of all Ages’
Attracting: Everything from hot rods and custom cars to contemporary urban cruisers, plus home-built aircraft.

6 December: ‘Breakfast Club Christmas Cracker’
Attracting: Any cherished car or aircraft, preferably with a heater and plenty of boot space for your Christmas shopping. Yule be glad you came!

Ewan
21-01-2009, 04:15 PM
They're last year's dates, Simon... this year, of interest to us could be...

7 June: ‘Supercar Sunday – the Ultimate Performance Machines’
Attracting: Mouth-watering (and mostly mid-engined!) ultimate performance cars and exotic superbikes, plus aerobatic aircraft.

28 June*: ‘Performance Car Legends – post-1970 Driver’s Cars’
Attracting: Sports and GT cars from the 1970s to the present day, from Jensen Interceptor to Ariel Atom, as well as Lotus, Caterham, TVR, Porsche and many more, plus retractable aircraft.

5 July: Not held due to Goodwood Festival of Speed

2 August: ‘Soft Top Sunday ­– a Taste of the British Summer’
Attracting: Roofless cars of all ages, shapes and sizes, plus all open cockpit aircraft.

Low Flyer
25-01-2009, 09:20 PM
Yes to the metal that gets there, but definitely NOT the breakfasts which are a con of the greatest magnitude! £12 for indifferently cooked bacon & egg --singular, on plastic plates, to be eaten in a windy tent---if you can find a seat, is not my idea of a pleasant meal. Take your own flask & egg rolls and enjoy them in the comfort of your own car!!
Perhaps I was somewhat jaundiced by my visit on the 1st June last year, as that was the day when my kidney gave up the struggle to hang on in there----on the way home. Not funny! J.C.

forumadmin
25-01-2009, 09:38 PM
7 or 28 June I guess for us.

1st November for Amo.

NSX 2000
25-01-2009, 11:31 PM
1st November for Amo.

Herk at Her

OOOOHHHHH Your so mean!!!!!

This only works if you read it in a gay voice.

PS I really should stay of the booze on a Sunday night.