PDA

View Full Version : What's the "best" colour?

Greybloke
24-06-2005, 11:01 PM
As per the title.... I think the red and yellow show the cars lines to best effect, although the dark colours do look understated and somewhat moody 8)

Although it's all down to personal preferance, and each to his own, I'd be interested to gauge the most popular colours, and those best avoided ( come resale time)

Viewed a few cars this week, and begining to compose a shortlist, oh and my S2000 is now for sale :cry:

Kevin
25-06-2005, 10:55 AM
It depends on what year car you or your budget can allow.

When the NSX was first introduced it came in three colours. Black, Red and Silver. Hence why early cars seem to be these colour.

Later years introduced Yellow, Purple, Orange, Green and others. Then later still is the nice metallic blue (whatever its called).

Mine is black, and is always in need of a clean. Its looks really dull when dirty, and no-one notices it, but if I do bother to wash it, and the sun is out, it shines like no other colour.

UltraViolet
25-06-2005, 02:38 PM
I like Red with Black roof simply because this was how the car appeared in the posters I had as a kid who never thought she'd eventually own one.

I do think the black looks great when clean though - very photogenic.

Imola Orange is eye catching.

The new blue is lovely.

Tis as you say personal preference. Some colours do seem less popular come resale time though even if you like them - yellow and the dark green/dark purple being examples. TBH though, if you like the car, don't let other people's opinions on colour stop you - buy the car for you, not for resale time. :wink:

jaytip
26-06-2005, 01:51 AM
My two favourite colours are,imola orange,and long beach blue.I can't wait for the time that i can afford to upgrade to a 2002+ so that i can have one or the other :D

osiris_x11
26-06-2005, 12:50 PM
hmmm... MY fav' by a long-stretch is the Magnum-Gray Pearl! Unfortunately it's not offered in the States. . . :cry:

I agree w/ Kevin, once the Berlina black is fully washed/polished/waxed/detailed, nothing else comes close! (I'm not biased just coz I own one :P )

On a lighter-note, a Dr colleague of mine saw me in my NSX on the highway (motorway) and he passed by in his Laguna Seca Blue M3... he later said to me, "I never knew your NSX was brown!" :oops: Yes, I tend to get bogged down w/ work that the NSX gets neglected, sigh!

tee618
01-08-2005, 08:56 AM
A Yellow NSX looks STUNNING!

T :D

stewart
01-08-2005, 11:36 AM
Dark Green metallic for me, but like the black it looks much better clean than dirty. I suppose it all depends on whether you wish to draw attention or to avoid it, and if you seek attention are you happy with a bit of extra from the police?

I recently got stopped because DVLA had failed to update a registration tranfer and my number plate was not recognised, other than that I have had many years of fast motoring without attention from the boys in blue, mostly in dark blue or dark green performance cars

wgmr
01-08-2005, 12:48 PM
I have to say yellow is the best colour personally with Orange next, why hide such a good car? Better to stand out, for that reason I bought a yellow one, I am told there are 8 in the UK.

trackdemon
01-08-2005, 12:56 PM
Best colour:

Obviously Red/black, just as the maker intended :D :D

01-08-2005, 03:04 PM
Welllll.. Since I bought mine second hand I had little choice, like many of you. My choice was between a red one with black roof, and mine, red with red roof. It originally came from Italy, I guess someone there wanted a Ferrari and painted the roof red. They did a good job though.
So red with red roof then.
Actually, Gerard’s car (Holland) has a red roof but they didn’t paint the windshield pillars, so they remain black, but the rest of the roof is red. It’s quite striking. It’s also the only one I have seen like that. I don’t know if he did that or a previous owner, but it’s nice.

Now for something else, the interior. Mine is black but I bought a tan one. I haven’t put it in yet, but it’s going to look nice. Black looks business-like, serious. Tan? Classy (so a new experience for me then…).
What do you think?
Peter

swlabhot
02-08-2005, 12:20 PM
Not being biased but Magnum Grey Pearl is the best, period!! :P

swedespeed
02-08-2005, 02:02 PM
I must say New Imola orange is the best looking since my current car, a Nissan 300ZX is orange! 8)

glenlewis
02-08-2005, 11:31 PM
I have to say yellow is the best colour personally with Orange next, why hide such a good car? Better to stand out, for that reason I bought a yellow one, I am told there are 8 in the UK.

Cool Will, I didnt know this. I too am a yellow NSX owner.
There is nothing quite like a bright pearlescent yellow NSX !!

AR
03-08-2005, 07:16 AM
Imola Orange, it screams exotic from a mile away.

wgmr
03-08-2005, 12:17 PM
HI Glen

Very interesting, may be they should meet, do you live any where near london?

lotusolly
06-08-2005, 10:33 PM
I also have an Indy yellow NSX which was bought because of a good deal rather than choice but it is one of my prefered colours, until I can afford one in longbeach blue anyway. Particularly like the yellow at sunset when the pearl really shines through.
Think there may be considerably more than eight in our shores though!!

Olly

NSA
15-08-2005, 11:05 AM
My NSX is red with a black roof. I recently read that you can have the roof sprayed to match the body. Does anyone know how much it would cost to have this done properly?