PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Skyline Wheels fit!!!

mutley
18-01-2009, 05:35 PM
HI All,
Now before you all go mental asking why I've fitted Skyline wheels I HAVEN'T.

I was just testing to see if they would fit (as I discovered they have the same 5 stud PCD 114.3) and Yes they do, even the offset is pretty much spot on. The one I tried was 17" with 245/40/17 so the rolling circumference was almost perfect too.

I only did this as when you ask places for wheels to fit a NSX, they never have any, so if you ask for Skyline, there maybe more options.
Anyway here are some before and after pics.

Oh and the skyline behind mine with the pink decals, is his wifes one ( they are skyline mentalists!!)

Jim

Silver Surfer
18-01-2009, 08:19 PM
Jim,

They don't look bad at all.....now this opens up more choices.
Deciding factors will be price of the Skyline wheels as well as the weight of them compare to the NSX OEMs.

SS

mutley
18-01-2009, 08:22 PM
Jim,

They don't look bad at all.....now this opens up more choices.
Deciding factors will be price of the Skyline wheels as well as the weight of them compare to the NSX OEMs.

SS

Well I can open it up even more, my mate with the skyline tells me when places say to him that they don't have a particular wheel for a skyline, he asks for it for a 200 SX (can't rem which exact model) but they fit too.

Jim

AR
18-01-2009, 10:36 PM
Most Skylines use a wider front wheel than the NSX, also don't forget the centrebore.

Cheers,

AR

mutley
18-01-2009, 10:38 PM
Most Skylines use a wider front wheel than the NSX, also don't forget the centrebore.

Cheers,

AR

Cor, you have to be picky don't you !!

Yeah I know but as he is currently braking up one of his skylines, I was just curious, so I stuck one on the back, just for ****s and giggles.

Jim

sassthathoopie
20-01-2009, 02:15 PM
I have been doing a lot of research on this. 114.3 x5 is quite a common pattern for the Japanese manufacturers.

Skyline and 200sx are close, but offsets will always be a compromise.

I tried fitting S2000 2007 (10 spoke) wheels to my car and the fronts wouldn't fit without a spacer, the earlier 10 spokes are the same apparently.

I have a guy in Japan watching the auctions for me but the £/yen rates aren't great.